Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:58 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 118  Next
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2020
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:29 pm 
Bob Chitty

SurreyBlue wrote:
I'm truly surprised by Teague's comments regarding Fisher.
I can see why he would push for him to get his forward art better but it sounded more like your position in the team is as a small forward.
I can see this being a long term issue for Fish.

Agreed, SB.

Makes me wonder whether the same thing has been said to Cunners and those two are effectively fighting for the second small forward spot next to Eddie. I remember Cunners being interviewed at the start of the year and saying he was going to be playing more forward this year. Like Fisher he didn’t seem thrilled with it. The only game we’ve seen him on ball was against Essendon* and he said in the post game interview of channel 7 that it only happened because JSOS went down early which meant that Martin was moved from on ball (where he played the week prior vs Geelong) to the forward line to be a marking target (H was out that game) and Cunners was pushed into the midfield.

I still feel we need more class and speed in the midfield. Both these guys could help out in there. Fisher very clean around the ball and good skills. Cunners has that burst speed and also good skills.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:31 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

CK95 wrote:
cortez wrote:
Players laughing and joking with the opposition after a game that once again got away from us. I do wonder about the culture in our club.

That annoyed me too

happens every game, every club now

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:32 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

dannyboy wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
I'm truly surprised by Teague's comments regarding Fisher.
I can see why he would push for him to get his forward art better but it sounded more like your position in the team is as a small forward.
I can see this being a long term issue for Fish.

add me to the surprised list.

me three. can someone DM me?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:52 pm 
Rod Ashman

Maybe in the long term he will be in the midfield. It may be short term he is required as the small forward, in which case there is no issue.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:12 pm 
Harry Vallence

Problem is that SOS drafted Fisher and SPS as midfielders and neither are playing there.

I reckon SPS should be played up the ground - it's the one thing I fundamentally do not agree with Teague on. I understand they like his ball use of half back, but he isn't a natural defender and his ball use would be just as valuable in the midfield or wing position. He takes the game on, which means a mistake or two a game. Alot less costly up the ground.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:16 pm 
Harry Vallence

Its all about OPPORTUNITY isn't it.
We saw that in the Essenscum game with Cunningham flourish in his natural role as a midfielder coz we had to move Martin back into the forward line.
We also saw it yesterday with TDK when Pitto went down and we had to put TDK into the ruck for longer periods.
In the same game and same quarter Kennedy stood up in the midfield coz Cripps was moved forward to give us a marking target.
I just wonder if an OPPORTUNITY was given to SPS or Fisher on a wing or through the midfield if we'll see a similar result.
But I guess we'll just have to keep watching our fantastic former leader and 32 year old show the young guns how it's done hey....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:38 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

deano35 wrote:
Its all about OPPORTUNITY isn't it.
We saw that in the Essenscum game with Cunningham flourish in his natural role as a midfielder coz we had to move Martin back into the forward line.
We also saw it yesterday with TDK when Pitto went down and we had to put TDK into the ruck for longer periods.
In the same game and same quarter Kennedy stood up in the midfield coz Cripps was moved forward to give us a marking target.
I just wonder if an OPPORTUNITY was given to SPS or Fisher on a wing or through the midfield if we'll see a similar result.
But I guess we'll just have to keep watching our fantastic former leader and 32 year old show the young guns how it's done hey....

I think you're right about opportunity.

Other than the selection of Philp, Teague hasn't made unforced changes...add Lang too.
The recent revelations, TDK, Fisher were forced selections....required to move on Moore.

Our older 6 players serve a purpose for the present.
Teague will need to make changes when we have 4-5 day breaks in games, otherwise soft tissue injury will see the elder statesmen take a rest.

I expect huge change to the list in 2021.
We can become a very tough and quick side, hopefully with a plethora of midfielders to play, and Trade.
Its going to happen...the 17th.

Things can only get better

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:09 pm 
Craig Bradley

The only one I query is Moore in front of TDK
Otherwise all good Fisher hasn’t been fit Dow not fit
Philip got a couple of games
H has been in and out
Kennedy was made to earn a spot before coming in
Willo came in for Newman
Pittonet for Kreuz
Injuries to some of our younger players has conspired against us especially Marchbank Dow and Fish
Do need to make hard decisions at the end of the year Kreuz no longer needed
Simpson probably not needed query Eddie and they will retain Murph and Ed Curnow as we don’t have enough midfielders

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:54 pm 
Craig Bradley

I must've been watching a different game re TDK. Could've sworn I saw a bloke lose two in every three ruck contests and drop every mark that came his way. At one stage I said to a mate that Eddie Betts hits packs with more purpose than TDK, but I guess I was looking at a different streak of pelican sh*t. His telly must've been on the fritz as well. "Spud" he declared. "Not even one of the good ones that can be mashed, or roasted, or chipped. More of the Irish blight variety."

Post subject: List Management 2020
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:01 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Crusader wrote:
I must've been watching a different game re TDK. Could've sworn I saw a bloke lose two in every three ruck contests and drop every mark that came his way. At one stage I said to a mate that Eddie Betts hits packs with more purpose than TDK, but I guess I was looking at a different streak of pelican sh*t. His telly must've been on the fritz as well. "Spud" he declared. "Not even one of the good ones that can be mashed, or roasted, or chipped. More of the Irish blight variety."

Came up against the best Ruck in the AFL after 1 game in 3yrs, and a series of kick around games.

Held his own and had influence in the ruck. Looked stuffed towards the end of the game.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:12 pm 
Geoff Southby

The Normal One wrote:
Crusader wrote:

Came up against the best Ruck in the AFL after 1 game in 3yrs, and a series of kick around games.

Held his own and had influence in the ruck. Looked stuffed towards the end of the game.

Exactly ! i thought he had the better of NicNat in the second.NicNats third quarter dominance of Pittonet swung the game there way.Baffle Teague did not continue with TDK in the third.Momentum shifter.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:21 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Mickstar wrote:
The Normal One wrote:
Crusader wrote:

Exactly ! i thought he had the better of NicNat in the second.NicNats third quarter dominance of Pittonet swung the game there way.Baffle Teague did not continue with TDK in the third.Momentum shifter.

He did better in the ruck than Moore, but around the ground had no more impact than Moore did. Obviously more potential. He will need to improve a lot to go past either Pittonet or Casboult.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:16 pm 
Ken Hands

It was his 3rd game of AFL ffs. Neutralized Nicnat better than Pittonet was able to. Should have had a goal but for umpiring. If you couldn’t see the potential in his performance you’re blind, stupid or possibly both.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:33 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Crusader wrote:

I liked the look of TDK but BT's 'baby giraffe' comment made me laugh.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:19 pm 
Harry Vallence

ferdinand wrote:
It was his 3rd game of AFL ffs. Neutralized Nicnat better than Pittonet was able to. Should have had a goal but for umpiring. If you couldn’t see the potential in his performance you’re blind, stupid or possibly both.

This.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:34 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

He showed potential but there was a big overreaction to his performance.

Should be exciting in 2022

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:35 pm 
Geoff Southby

frank dardew wrote:
The only one I query is Moore in front of TDK
Otherwise all good Fisher hasn’t been fit Dow not fit
Philip got a couple of games
H has been in and out
Kennedy was made to earn a spot before coming in
Willo came in for Newman
Pittonet for Kreuz
Injuries to some of our younger players has conspired against us especially Marchbank Dow and Fish
Do need to make hard decisions at the end of the year Kreuz no longer needed
Simpson probably not needed query Eddie and they will retain Murph and Ed Curnow as we don’t have enough midfielders

I seem to be at odds with most TCers about mids.

We have plenty of mids especially young ones. Teague either does not play them or plays them out of position. They are fast as well.

Out of position -

SPS
Fisher
Cunningham

at least they are in the team (when not injured)

Can't get a game -

Dow (been injured I know but let's see)
O'Brien
Honey

that is 6 and only the most obviousl.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:00 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Jack

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:26 am 
Bruce Doull

kingkerna wrote:

Agree

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:32 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

kingkerna wrote:

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Overreaction to TDK was only surpassed by the drooling over NicNat. D'Arcy was creaming his pants at every contest even when our guy (Pit or TDK) clearly won the tap.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 118  Next