Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:00 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114 ... 118  Next
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2020
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:22 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
SOS is good mates with Graham Wright away from footy. He's just looking after his mate. :roll:

At Carlton's expense.

Righto.

If that's the case, I'm glad he's been replaced.
WTF was he thinking. He wasn't.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:26 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

CFC8795 wrote:
Slightly off topic.
Anyone know what happened to Keogh or Blue Sombrero?
Asking for a friend. :smoking:

You can PM them.

Keogh posted he was having a break.
There's only so much repition he could handle I guess.

BS usually has a break after the Trade/Draft period.
I hope he's OK. Maybe he's recounting votes over the border for some tequila dollars

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:15 am 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
CFC8795 wrote:
Slightly off topic.
Anyone know what happened to Keogh or Blue Sombrero?
Asking for a friend. :smoking:

You can PM them.

Keogh posted he was having a break.
There's only so much repition he could handle I guess.

BS usually has a break after the Trade/Draft period.
I hope he's OK. Maybe he's recounting votes over the border for some tequila dollars

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:14 am 
Ken Hunter

With the trades of Saad and Fogarty how many players do we have on the list now?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:21 pm 
Craig Bradley

Is there a thread yet for the 2020 draft?

I'm curious to know what the view is on it. Given how compromised it will be, are early picks less valuable than they normally are? Are late draft gems more or less likely?

Its a lot of football NOT to have seen the class play

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:22 pm 
Bruce Doull

Probably the best spot - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=37030

Or this - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=37089

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:19 pm 
Craig Bradley

Donstuie wrote:
Probably the best spot - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=37030

Or this - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=37089

Thanks ! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:42 am 
Bruce Doull

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/afl ... 56dw9.html

Quote:
AFL club lists sizes will be cut to a minimum of 37 and a maximum of 44 players - including all rookies – next year.

The number of primary list players will be cut by two and the total rookie numbers by one from limits this year.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:06 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

So based on that and assuming we don't trade out any players today, how many more do we need to cut?
Also factoring in 3 draft picks (though rookie elevations count) in that.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:21 am 
Ken Hunter

CK95 wrote:
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/afl-close-to-list-size-cuts-as-end-of-trades-looms-20201112-p56dw9.html

Quote:
AFL club lists sizes will be cut to a minimum of 37 and a maximum of 44 players - including all rookies – next year.

The number of primary list players will be cut by two and the total rookie numbers by one from limits this year.

They finally make a decision on the final day of trading.
Apparently the salary cap will be reduced by 10% next year. Some clubs will be in real trouble.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:24 am 
Bruce Doull

kezza wrote:
CK95 wrote:
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/afl-close-to-list-size-cuts-as-end-of-trades-looms-20201112-p56dw9.html

Quote:

Apparently the salary cap will be reduced by 10% next year. Some clubs will be in real trouble.

How will we ever fit the $28M we're paying Zac Williams and Adam Saad???

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:26 am 
Ken Hunter

Donstuie wrote:
kezza wrote:
CK95 wrote:

Quote:

How will we ever fit the $28M we're paying Zac Williams and Adam Saad???

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:21 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

With the recruitment of Williams and Saad we should improve significantly next year and have no excuse for not making the top 8 (barring a bad run with injury). What concerns me is that I don't think we have the list to contend for a flag. The harsh reality is that Charlie's future is looking bleak, SPS is only effective behind the ball, Dow and O'Brien appear unlikely to make the grade, there are question marks against Stocker's fitness and application and Marchbank probably doesn't have the durability to play AFL.
My point is that most supporters seem to have the view that "we have plenty of kids" and that we should go after ready made players however I'm not so sure and think we are still a long way from contending. Recruiting Saad will no doubt give us a temporary "sugar hit" however I think we would have been better off drafting a young mid or perhaps a defender to replace Jones 2-3 years time. Hope I'm wrong but I think we are pulling the trigger a little early.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:47 am 
Ken Hunter

Here is my 22"
Plowman Jones Marchbank
Docherty Weitering Saad
Williams Cripps SpS
Martin Casboult Fisher
JSoS McKay Betts
Pittonet Setterfield Walsh
Int: Kennedy (Inside Mid) Murphy, Dow, Williamson (runners)

Midfield rotations from the int and forward line.
* I'm not including Charlie. TDK will rotate with Pittonet as 1st ruck or Casboult as 2nd ruck.

Consider the players that can be included in the 22 from these sections and finals is non-negotiable:
Mature bodies:
McGovern, Ed Curnow, Newman, Newnes, Gibbons
Expecting players to push for best 22:
O’Brien, Stocker, Macreade, Polson, Fogarty
Developing Kids:
Kemp, Philp, Honey, Cottrell, Phillips, Ramsey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:54 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

kezza wrote:
CK95 wrote:

Quote:

Its ridiculous to announce this on the last day of Trading with many teams have finished Trading period given they don't know what the list and TPP are for 2021.

This may be an advantage for those teams still active in Trades today, and may be able to pull off the extra target knowing the list size is only 2 less not 4 less as anticipated.

AFL Commission should be embarrassed by this, but they are so arrogant they look at it as someone else's problem. Boys club. Karma train will catch up with them.

Obviously don't have the interests of all teams in mind when making these very important decisions regarding employment and money. Fools.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:57 pm 
Geoff Southby

Blue Vain wrote:
Effes wrote:
Listening to SOS on trade radio it's embarrassing to think he had so much control and power.

:thumbsup:

I remember listening to him doing special comments shortly after his retirement. I couldn't stand the way he spoke with such passion and authority saying the most obvious things....it was actually embarrassing for him. Listening to him on trade radio was vomit. He spoke as if he was this almighty authority figure yet it was just crap for craps sake. Surely his love of his own voice and his desire to slag off his previous employer will warn the rest of the AFL community off him. I don't think it's a coincidence that there was less leaking and less commentary from us this year.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:35 pm 
Harry Vallence

rhino27 wrote:
So based on that and assuming we don't trade out any players today, how many more do we need to cut?

2 i think, probably polson and a rookie (moore) delist kennedy or mcreadie then re rookie.

Something like that.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:41 pm 
Harry Vallence

TheBluesMuse wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Effes wrote:
Listening to SOS on trade radio it's embarrassing to think he had so much control and power.

I remember listening to him doing special comments shortly after his retirement. I couldn't stand the way he spoke with such passion and authority saying the most obvious things....it was actually embarrassing for him. Listening to him on trade radio was vomit. He spoke as if he was this almighty authority figure yet it was just crap for craps sake. Surely his love of his own voice and his desire to slag off his previous employer will warn the rest of the AFL community off him. I don't think it's a coincidence that there was less leaking and less commentary from us this year.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:43 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Trigger wrote:
rhino27 wrote:

2 i think, probably polson and a rookie (moore) delist kennedy or mcreadie then re rookie.

Something like that.

Its 2 more needed off the senior list. Most likely candidates are Polson (IIRC, 1 more year on his contract) and Kennedy.
Macreadie may get snapped up in the draft by Cats if we delist him in an attempt to rookie him. Too risky. He will be a good one.

If we delist Kennedy we would attempt to rookie him I guess, and there's one spot on the rookie list with Gibbons upgraded and Goddard delisted.
No one really interested in Kennedy. Who knows, maybe North will take him, and if Effendopes* don't get Dunkley (hope not), then thay may turn their attention to Kennedy as a rookie because they have pick before us.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:46 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

TheBluesMuse wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Effes wrote:

A mate just called and gave me more reasons to be annoyed with SOS.

...and I think you're onto something Ive highlighted.

Maybe Liddle had reasons to think SOS may sabotage our draft last year, and didn't want to risk it.

A lot of maybes but there's alot of facts too that dont paint a great picture of the Entitled One.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114 ... 118  Next