Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:03 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 118  Next
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2020
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:21 pm 
Ken Hunter

Might be hard winning games with 10 behinds for every goal scored, but the 10:1 contested possession advantage will help.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:33 pm 
Bert Deacon

once again everyone(media) saying that p7 for saad ,actually already ess planning p7 .Watching Fc last night Eddie mentioned that kid philip who might be available with our pick how is ready to go for round 1 next year. So i thought 18 yr old v 27 yr old i would take that kid will philip with p7 and work out another deal for saad .

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:40 pm 
Horrie Clover

jamespul65 wrote:
once again everyone(media) saying that p7 for saad ,actually already ess planning p7 .Watching Fc last night Eddie mentioned that kid philip who might be available with our pick how is ready to go for round 1 next year. So i thought 18 yr old v 27 yr old i would take that kid will philip with p7 and work out another deal for saad .

Dodoro can drag he's heals all he likes Saad's coming to us and we aren't giving up pick 7.

Its Jack Martin all over again.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:08 pm 
Bert Deacon

hope you are correct we need to offer something reasonable that the media will buy and not Dodo and off to draft we go (martin style) meanwhile club still looks good.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:07 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

jamespul65 wrote:
hope you are correct we need to offer something reasonable that the media will buy and not Dodo and off to draft we go (martin style) meanwhile club still looks good.

i don't think the media have anything to do with buying it we have to offer something Dodoro thinks is reasonable and that's it anything else is unimportant.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:45 pm 
Bruce Comben

CFC should offer what they believe is reasonable; despite whether Dodoro agrees, or otherwise. PSD serves as an accountability mechanism for those clubs who chose not to deal in good faith. In this instance, the draft route doesn’t seem an unreasonable risk to take. I doubt it’ll be as protracted as many expect.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:10 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Sombrero wrote:
jamespul65 wrote:

i don't think the media have anything to do with buying it we have to offer something Dodoro thinks is reasonable and that's it anything else is unimportant.

Both posters are right imo.

Offer this year's 2nd round pick.
He is out of contract. Effendumb* allowed that to happen. Media will adjudicate its bad List Management.
Also, this offer shows a profit, and no loss on what Effendrug* paid for Saad: a future 2nd rnd pick.

If they don't like it, we say he's not worth Pick 7 ans we have offered the next pick closer to the mark.

Media spin:

Carlton are a Destination Club.
Stupidly, Effendope* have ridiculed Saad in public.
Culture issues and directional issues
Effendorks* try to force a player to play for them is the root of their problems.
The environment at Effencheats* is toxic, hence the player exodus.
President Paul Basher has publicly stated he wants "We want players who are committed".
Like GCS, they turned their nose at Carlton's offer, albeit lower than expected, and Saad enters the PSD.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:17 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Opine wrote:
CFC should offer what they believe is reasonable; despite whether Dodoro agrees, or otherwise. PSD serves as an accountability mechanism for those clubs who chose not to deal in good faith. In this instance, the draft route doesn’t seem an unreasonable risk to take. I doubt it’ll be as protracted as many expect.

With Sheedy entering the fray with his old world baggage from the 70's displaying nothing but hate towards Carlton, whilst fully well knowing the new Carlton is a respectful club and doesn't warrant his vitriol, who knows, the new carlton may be swayed to show the same back to Effendrugs*, and bring back old wounds. The '99 Prelim goes a long way. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:09 am 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
jamespul65 wrote:

He is out of contract. Effendumb* allowed that to happen. Media will adjudicate its bad List Management.
Also, this offer shows a profit, and no loss on what Effendrug* paid for Saad: a future 2nd rnd pick.

If they don't like it, we say he's not worth Pick 7 ans we have offered the next pick closer to the mark.

Media spin:

Effendorks* try to force a player to play for them is the root of their problems.
President Paul Basher has publicly stated he wants "We want players who are committed".
Like GCS, they turned their nose at Carlton's offer, albeit lower than expected, and Saad enters the PSD.

I do not think this will happen. I expect pick 7 to be on the table early to get the trade moving. No doubt Dodo will want a player as well and that is where we stick to our guns.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:09 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

carntheblues wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
jamespul65 wrote:

Media spin:

I do not think this will happen. I expect pick 7 to be on the table early to get the trade moving. No doubt Dodo will want a player as well and that is where we stick to our guns.

We will see.

GCS thought the same last year for Martin.

I can see us splitting pick 7 to offer a late teen pick to Effendumb*, but I also see them force our hand to the PSD because we will not overpay (ie meet * unrealistic demands)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:01 pm 
Robert Walls

bondiblue wrote:
Opine wrote:

With Sheedy entering the fray with his old world baggage from the 70's displaying nothing but hate towards Carlton, whilst fully well knowing the new Carlton is a respectful club and doesn't warrant his vitriol, who knows, the new carlton may be swayed to show the same back to Effendrugs*, and bring back old wounds. The '99 Prelim goes a long way. :lol:

"Hello girls...dinner's on"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:02 pm 
Ken Hunter

Anyone offering pick 7 for Saad has NFI.
We do that, and I will have serious trade concerns with Austin and our club from now on.

Last edited by SurreyBlue on Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:03 pm 
Bruce Doull

carntheblues wrote:
I expect pick 7 to be on the table early to get the trade moving.

Then Austin should be immediately sakced.

This kowtowing to Dodoro does my head in.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:34 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

carntheblues wrote:

I’m sorry but the time to stick to your guns is when pick 7 is asked for.

I do not understand your continual desire to trade 7 when that is NOT in the best interests of the Carlton Football Club.

Your only rationale appears to be that it will easily get the deal done.

That’s exactly what Dodoro wants, not what we want.

I wish some of you would want to buy my house when I sell it, I’d make a massive profit.

- Igor Stravinsky

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:37 pm 
Ken Hunter

CarltonClem wrote:
carntheblues wrote:

I do not understand your continual desire to trade 7 when that is NOT in the best interests of the Carlton Football Club.

I wish some of you would want to buy my house when I sell it, I’d make a massive profit.

I don’t think I’ve been this proud of you yet CC. :lol: :clap:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:58 pm 
Bert Deacon

i would rather go to the draft with p7 and recruit a kid that suits our needs and have a 10 + year player then give that pick for a 27 year old

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:04 pm 
Bob Chitty

jamespul65 wrote:
i would rather go to the draft with p7 and recruit a kid that suits our needs and have a 10 + year player then give that pick for a 27 year old

If only we hadn’t proved for 25 years that we aren’t good at this approach :( I would have agreed with this post up until we (again) appear to have blown the Dow and O Brien pics

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:57 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

SurreyBlue wrote:
CarltonClem wrote:
carntheblues wrote:

I don’t think I’ve been this proud of you yet CC. :lol: :clap:

Cos I post to have Surrey be proud of me LOL!

I know we’ve had our disagreements over our time on TC but I think it safe to say on this issue we are aligned(!)

- Igor Stravinsky

Post subject: List Management 2020
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:25 pm 
Bruce Comben

bondiblue wrote:
Opine wrote:

Whatever Essendon* publicly promote as their expectation, is irrelevant insofar as CFC is concerned; the same goes for KS’s return. We should make a reasonable offer, then move on.

Their bargaining strength is determined by their next best alternative outside of an agreed deal between both clubs. In this instance, pursuing Saad through one of the drafts appears as though it’d constitute a greater risk for Essendon* than for Blues.

Talk in media of pick 7 as a starting point, as though it’s a given, should be viewed with suspicion. While anchoring high can be beneficial, because it sets the tone regarding expectations, it has opposite effect when a party’s initial ask is so unreasonable as to amount to nonsense.

Let’s just hope our new LM team is up-to the task.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:51 pm 
Harry Vallence

Familiar story, disgruntled, smeared and out of contract player as of 31st Oct has announced his preferred destination and price set .Will another club interfere ? doubt it.
EFC* do not have many options, like GCS will scream scandalous unprincipled behavior by CFC, it’s all show. Saad has already walked its over, our 2nd rounder and a sweetener or he’s a Bagger for zilch in pre PSD.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 118  Next