Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:43 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 118  Next
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2020
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:46 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Sidefx wrote:
BigKev wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
17th Premiership wrote:
Trade value - at best pick 40 or ideally lower, assuming this is not a super draft.
Otherwise, let it go and if we really believe he can improve us as a mentor, then bring him in after his contract expires next season.
Price $500k (More than we offered him a few years back but less than he is getting now but with additional couple of years of assistant/mentoring to offset that). Assumes he wants out of Adelaide.
Also, we would know if Adelaide we’re close to delisting him. If so, late late pick similar to Hodge.

Having said all that, I’d be focusing 1st, 2nd and 3rd on Papley. Not sure on Martin - happy to get him but probably need the price to match the risk.
And I’m most worried about our ruck situation. Kruezer is ok for next year but we really need a way better than average ruckman going forward. Is TDK that guy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that seems pretty fair unless the pick 40 stopped us getting a mid. 500k would be good value, less would be better. :grin:

I agree we need another ruck, if we are hot on Cameron he could fill the void until TDK is ready to fire.
As I've stated before (many times :lol: ), our priorities should be ruck and mids and we don't sell the farm to get them. And if we can't then patience is required, because next year we should be better placed to attract quality FAs etc. We're not a destination club yet, but we are getting closer and the AFLs eyes will be on us next year to see how we go and if we are no longer a risk.

Why on earth would we want to give up anything for a 32+ year old who couldn't get a regular game for a team who is probably no better than us? I get the romance angle but he doesn't fit our profile needs at all.

I'm personally not a fan of bringing in Eddie, but if they do, it had better be for pretty much nothing is my point.

I'm with you. If you do it, pick 70+. Crows ask for more, we walk away and he can see out his contract and career there.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:05 pm 
Harry Vallence

17th Premiership wrote:
Trade value - at best pick 40 or ideally lower, assuming this is not a super draft.

Pick 40?
No @#$%&! way.

If we do take Eddie, Adelaide get his salary or their books. 5th rounder at best.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:34 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

We dont have a small forward on our list. We have a bloke who in a shit forward line still kicked 37 goals, was top 20 in the AFL for goals, goal assists and tackles inside 50 and some of you blokes want him for a pack of chips. :lol:

Consider we had only 2 players kick more than half his tally of goals. (One on 22, one on 26)
But no, we wont give more than pick 70. FMD

Who would i rather taking up a spot on our list? Eddie Betts or Finbar O'Dwyer? Hmm, tough call.

Last edited by Blue Vain on Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:37 pm 
Geoff Southby

Blue Vain wrote:
We dont have a small forward on our list. We have a bloke who in a shit forward line still kicked 37 goals, was top 20 in the AFL for goals, goal assists and tackles inside 50 and some of you blokes want him for a pack of chips. :lol:

Consider we had only 2 players kick more than half his tally of goals. (One on 22, one on 26)

+ he is contracted.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:55 pm 
Harry Vallence

aboynamedsue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

+ he is contracted.

Him being contracted doesn’t increase his value. Adelaide want to clear him from their books.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:19 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Where did you read confirmation of that?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:31 pm 
Geoff Southby

bondiblue wrote:
keogh wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Not worth the effort

Imagine how boring the world would be if we were all the same dude

Nothing stopping you keogh.

I agree everything should be questioned about the club even when we are doing well.
There's a time and place for that.

There's got to be a time when you admit that with Top 10 draft picks you'd expect most to turn out.
Lets say 50/50. We have 10 Top 10 picks.
Say 4 of them are winners: top 22 in any team.
WE are pretty close to filling those gaps.

Development time is the only thing stalling this model.
Kids don't all come on the same age.
We're pretty close.

SOS' list isn't as bad as you want to believe.
Coem on....you can do it.
say it....its cathartic.
Then go back to your argument. :wink:

Carlton aren’t the only club that make ridiculous trades
Many clubs do
I disagree with some of the things you and others say

If you go back a decade the club got into trouble partly because of ridiculous trades
Jacobs for McCarthy and Mc Innes
Warnock for pick 24
Even the Judd trade WC won given Kennedy and Masterns output opposed to Judd and Armfield

Giving away 2 or more picks for one player who is older by a few years is risky

As I said I would of waited an extra year to trade picks to get mature talent
McGovern cost us 3 potentially good players
Setterfield two
They would need to improve bung knee being over weight or not
Doing what SOs did at last years draft was putting all his eggs in one basket

Let’s not forget that we came 16 th
If SOs had a crystal ball would he had traded that pick with the Crows
We beat StKilda who were terrible and most supporters can’t wait for success
In 2020 it’s a given
Coming 16 th wasn’t all due to Bolton’s style of coaching
Have a read of some of the shit others have spun at how great it was to get McGovern when we got him in 2018
The guy has to @#$%&! off for a while to get fit
That’s like saying a guy who has a job as an accountant can’t add up

You get real
We have achieved @#$%&! all in the 4 years Sos took over from those :censored: Hughes and Rogers
It could be great but don’t go the early cro.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:15 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

aboynamedsue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

+ he is contracted.

Spot on. Lets give them pick 8. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:19 pm 
Geoff Southby

rhino27 wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

+ he is contracted.

I was more thinking a deal which is realistic and fair to both parties.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:12 pm 
Harry Vallence

keogh wrote:
Setterfield two

This is utter nonsense

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:48 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Stamos wrote:
keogh wrote:
Setterfield two

This is utter nonsense

Agree.

We got good players in McGovern 23yo and Setterfield 21yo for a few 2nd rounders who might be able to play.

Both players have been good contributors in games we've won.
Both have kicked match winning goals.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:52 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Stamos wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

+ he is contracted.

Him being contracted doesn’t increase his value. Adelaide want to clear him from their books.

That's not true, they don't WANT to clear him. He's a sentimental favourite, and that's not the point.

He kicks nearly 40 goals a season and has kicked 70.
He's worth one or two years if we can.

Papley Butler Gray and Martin have something to say in all of this.

If we can get him....get him. Only upside.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:57 pm 
Ken Hands

And stop saying Silvagni put all our eggs in one basket. He got what he thought were pick 1 and pick 6 in the draft, in addition to the trades he did. So he drafted AND traded. I notice you never mention Nic Newman either, I suspect it doesn’t suit your argument.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:05 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

rhino27 wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

+ he is contracted.

Do you think comments like that add any form of intelligence to the debate?
I'm sure there are some picks available between 8 and 90 that we could consider.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:45 pm 
Geoff Southby

Blue Vain wrote:

Who would i rather taking up a spot on our list? Eddie Betts or Finbar O'Dwyer? Hmm, tough call.

Isn't that what Gibbons is? 16 snags in his first year is pretty good.
And without questioning their ability, I also think Cunningham, Lebois (if he's still on the list) and Polson are classified as small forwards for us.
Plus Owies looks like he can play too.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:03 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Vain wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

+ he is contracted.

Do you think comments like that add any form of intelligence to the debate?
I'm sure there are some picks available between 8 and 90 that we could consider.

Ok so what pick would you be willing to trade? Bear in mind he is about to turn 33 (or 37) and Sam Mitchell went to West Coast for basically nothing. This is a similar set of circumstances. Key differences are the emotional aspect and we can't make emotional decisions and Mitchell provided far more on field leadership than Eddie ever would.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:05 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

aboynamedsue wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

+ he is contracted.

I was more thinking a deal which is realistic and fair to both parties.

5th rounder is fair for a bloke who probably has one season left in him. Any more is madness.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:17 am 
Craig Bradley

Blue Vain wrote:

‘ken oath. Deadset comical some of these the valuations.

Eddie is proven, and is a play for the here & now, yet some would give up the earth to be anchored to a trash bag like Papley for the next decade.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:49 am 
Stephen Kernahan

FWIW, I think it's important we win some games next year to get the winning feeling back, get the supporters back and make the club look better in the eyes of a potential trade or FA.
If Eddie helps us do that, he is worth getting at a low pick. Talking about a fourth rounder at best. Adelaide is rooted. They want to clean out the entire joint and start again. Eddie isn't on that horizon. They won't delist him because he's worth something so they are playing the game. They will let him go if they can get a half decent deal.
The other thing is the publicity the club gets from such a trade. The sponsors who have stuck with us in the lean years have been hanging to get their logos on the TV. Eddie brings that. It makes us more attractive to sponsors so getting them through the door is an important part of the club's image and exposure.
If he turns out to be a two year player when we are in the eight, so much better but if we just get one good year out of him, it will be worth it.

We lost four games by less than a goal. Put Eddie in this team and we win all those games because he does that stuff. 11 wins would have been pretty nice this year.

Le Bois is never going to make it or he would be showing something.
Gibbons is a mid fielder that BB played in the forward pocket. Teague released him into the middle much more and he will be even better next year.
Owie is an unknown.

Nothing wrong with Eddie up there at Harry's feet that I can see.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:10 am 
Ken Hands

LeBois was delisted last week.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 118  Next