Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:49 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 118  Next
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2020
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:34 pm 
Ken Hunter

Apparently he has a big nose

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:10 pm 
John James

Haven't seen him play but he finished 2nd in the Box Hill Best and Fairest and 4th in the Liston Trophy despite missing 4 games. Averaged 38 hitouts and 16 touches.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:04 am 
Harry Vallence

Cheaper replacement for Phillips. So be it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:49 am 
Garry Crane

Can’t wait to see Blue fans in raptures seeing Stocker, Papley, Martin and Eddie all running onto the ground against Adelaide...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:56 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

How many spots are there to fill on our senior list?
Eddie in and assuming Papley and Martin.
Rucks one in, one out

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:06 am 
Harry Vallence

jezzarules wrote:
How many spots are there to fill on our senior list?
Eddie in and assuming Papley and Martin.
Rucks one in, one out

Currently 6.

Once we get Papley and Martin, 4.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:12 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Ok so fair chance we'll be after one more player trade to leave us with the minimum three to draft

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:15 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Monday wrote:
Can’t wait to see Blue fans in raptures seeing Stocker, Papley, Martin and Eddie all running onto the ground against Adelaide...

Good call: The Stocker trade lives forever. Pick 9 is talking.

Stocker Strikes

Ballistic Betts

Magical Martin

Papler Perfection

I wonder what Pick 3 gets the Crows....no I don't!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:43 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Regardless of the outcome tonight, I think the time is right for SOS to step away given there'll likely be three Silvagni's on the list late next year and that just creates a very awkward situation to handle.

He's done an outstanding job so far in my opinion and stepping away on good terms always allows him to return sometime down the track if circumstances require.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:28 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Rexy wrote:
Regardless of the outcome tonight, I think the time is right for SOS to step away given there'll likely be three Silvagni's on the list late next year and that just creates a very awkward situation to handle.

He's done an outstanding job so far in my opinion and stepping away on good terms always allows him to return sometime down the track if circumstances require.

I'm surprised to see read you think "He's done an outstanding job so far in my opinion".

I thought you had question marks on his performance thus far.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:30 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

bondiblue wrote:
Rexy wrote:

I'm surprised to see read you think "He's done an outstanding job so far in my opinion".

I thought you had question marks on his performance thus far.

Given this years haul I have no question marks anymore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:34 pm 
Craig Bradley

Rexy wrote:

If he was willing to rat on the club (right or wrong), what makes you so certain that he wouldn't throw one or all of his sons on to the scrap heap (also right or wrong)?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:44 pm 
Ken Hunter

Rexy wrote:

nope, If he's the best man for the job, then I don't care about the other stuff. He can step out of the room when his kids are being discussed.

A garden to nurture and protect

#DopeThenStash

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:54 pm 
Craig Bradley

bluechucky wrote:
Rexy wrote:

nope, If he's the best man for the job, then I don't care about the other stuff. He can step out of the room when his kids are being discussed.

+1. List manager isn't involved in selections so it could only be list and/or wages. There are enough professional on staff for him to be able to step out if and when a conflict occurs.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:43 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

So despite the assurances by 'those in the know', we end up with egg on our face.
It just goes to show that they are guessing just as much as the rest of us. They know who they are.

Martin and 15 for 9 was the deal SOS knocked back for Martin. Now we have to get him through the PSD. Maybe.
Papley should have been assured given we went hard for him. If he is so good, we could have offered 9 with nothing back or 9 and something.

Meanwhile. StK, one of the clubs we love to take the piss out of, got all five of their targets.

The Eddie positive press is now nullified. AFL trade radio talking about the Carlton pattern of not getting what they want.

As I posted a week ago, I thought the clubs are sick of players coming and going and will push back.

This is nothing short of an absolute disaster.

EDIT:

https://www.afl.com.au/

The feature article:

"DISASTER FOR BLUES: NO DEAL FOR TWO TOP TRADE TARGETS"

Below that, the feature video:
"Shattered Silvagni after Carlton's disastrous outcome."

This is the disaster more than missing the players we wanted.
We are being portrayed in the headlines as incompetent.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:58 pm 
Craig Bradley

Once again disappointed sure about not getting Papely and Martin but it’s hardly Armageddon

We keep pick 9 (hopefully get a young gun ) got a younger back up ruckman in Pittonet
May also get Newnes as DFA and maybe Martin in PSD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:04 pm 
Craig Bradley

Sorry also got Eddie to play as small forward and nurture young forwards

Also BS if we get Martin in PSD for nothing how does the story look
If perchance we get with pick 9 the best person in the draft like we did with Cripps for example in his draft how does this change the story

Got to take a more wholistic view of draft trade and exchange period as well as s longer term view in respect to draft picks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:15 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

frank dardew wrote:
Once again disappointed sure about not getting Papely and Martin but it’s hardly Armageddon

We keep pick 9 (hopefully get a young gun ) got a younger back up ruckman in Pittonet
May also get Newnes as DFA and maybe Martin in PSD

Its not Armageddon because we have built a great list that is on its way to fruition.

We had the chance to get our targets but let them go.
Now when we want to be topping up (for the 2nd year in a row) we are left in hope.

Hope pick 9 snags us a good one.
Hope we get Martin in the PSD with a heavily front ended offer. Shish.

I would have preferred to go to bed knowing we had Betts Papley and Martin on our list in 2020

I'm very disappointed there was no plan B with picl 9 and our future 1st or 2nd.

After next year we will be off loading players to fit our 1st rounders if we dont have a Plan B.

Kindergarten mistake today. Didnt make a statement to fit with the Teague Train and Betts homecoming.

Massive fail for me. Massive, but I'm good with Betts and Doc and co. in 2020.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:41 pm 
Geoff Southby

Blue Sombrero wrote:
So despite the assurances by 'those in the know', we end up with egg on our face.
It just goes to show that they are guessing just as much as the rest of us. They know who they are.

Martin and 15 for 9 was the deal SOS knocked back for Martin. Now we have to get him through the PSD. Maybe.
Papley should have been assured given we went hard for him. If he is so good, we could have offered 9 with nothing back or 9 and something.

Meanwhile. StK, one of the clubs we love to take the piss out of, got all five of their targets.

The Eddie positive press is now nullified. AFL trade radio talking about the Carlton pattern of not getting what they want.

As I posted a week ago, I thought the clubs are sick of players coming and going and will push back.

This is nothing short of an absolute disaster.

EDIT:

https://www.afl.com.au/

The feature article:

"DISASTER FOR BLUES: NO DEAL FOR TWO TOP TRADE TARGETS"

Below that, the feature video:
"Shattered Silvagni after Carlton's disastrous outcome."

This is the disaster more than missing the players we wanted.
We are being portrayed in the headlines as incompetent.

I have to agree.
And as I stated at the end of the season I was not really excited for this trade period. But I didn't think that it would be this bad.
We are not a destination club yet and any delusions that we are should've been put to bed after this trade period. We still hold no weight in the AFL with either players, clubs or the scum at the top.
The fact we can't finalise deals and finalise them early is forever disappointing also.
And apart from the fact we really didn't target any good mids other that Coniglio or even any fringe mids like Zak Jones or Stevens. The most disappointing thing for me is that we have a heap of late picks that we could've upgraded to a second rounder, especially in this draft. They'll be pretty much wasted now, as I can not see us picking up a late gem or two. Let's hope the club can do some live trading (not holding my breath for it though).

On the flip side, next season we will get a good clear picture of the Teague game plan and the development of the players.
Let's just hope we progress up the ladder and Cripps wants to hang around after another season of being flogged in the middle.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:53 pm 
Harry Vallence

I think what many of you don't understand is that Papley was not actually available. Sydney had zero intention of trading him and would have considered it IF and only IF they got Daniher in.

In the cool light of day I doubt GC are going to take Martin in the PSD.

Pick 9 should net us a livewire small to medium sized forward as that is what is generally available after the best mids and talls are taken.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 118  Next