Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:14 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: On the positive side
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:17 pm 
Craig Bradley

Still really disappointed with last nights display and particularly the last quarter fade out but there remains a number of positives 15 rounds in
Pittonet -work in progress but better than I thought and will improve -needs to work on fitness -cohesion with mids -goal kicking
Martin -a really good acquisition -seasoned senior player - needs more minutes in the midfield -exciting good tackler -good mark for his size -needs to take more responsibility in kicking for goal ie go back and have a shot
Newnes -a foot soldier no star but strong body can play multiple positions and better than most thought as we know good kick for goal
TDK -improves and real future needs more games -needs to work on marking /kicking/synergy with mid -field
Weitering - one of best defenders in the AFL build side around
Walsh - arguably a better year than last given he was more of a marked man than last year and the ridiculous criticism of him early
Setterfield -improve considerably this year in almost every aspect
Cottrell -better than I thought jury still out but possibilities
Williamson -finally injury free -others have doubts but I think he will make it -needs to work on composure -tackling-cohesion with other members of the backline
Docherty a good return better early but will improve next season
2021 we get back Charlie Marchbank 2 of our best talls as well as foot soldier Newman and JSOS another capable forward and occasional midfielder

Post subject: Re: On the positive side
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:12 pm 
Banned

I think we were exceptionally good last night with the cattle we had on the park.
Agree the future is bright but we really need to nail this off season.. the way I view it we were going to lose the elimination final even if we got into the finals... so we lost two elimination finals type matches in a row with a long list of injuries. The upside is explosive just need to nail the trades this offseason and I am sure we will.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:35 pm 
Ken Hunter

I'm positive that 'belief' is just a word.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:34 am 
Stephen Kernahan

I believe 'positive' is just a word.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:42 am 
Robert Walls

Someone on twitter did this ladder based on if Carlton drops it’s worst quarter for every match this season. That’s a positive. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:14 pm 
Bruce Comben

Super Positive Stuff That! :clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:41 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Juanita Jones wrote:

Someone on twitter did this ladder based on if Carlton drops it’s worst quarter for every match this season. That’s a positive. :thumbsup:

It says a lot.

We are not far off.

I'd like to add:

Honey and philp were revelations and got games ahead of others we expected to see.

TDK knows how to mark and kick and beautiful handball. He just needs to get stronger and build stamina, and he will hold his own, no doubt.

Next year apart from Curnow, Marchbank, Newman and Jack coming back we also have

Kemp and Ramsay to look forward to.

I really think next year is the break out year for Carlton, with heaps of change to come, and the baton passed from older players to the new generation.

Add 2-3 Trades.

I have no doubt we will make top 8 and will not be surprised to make Top 4.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:24 pm 
Craig Bradley

We are still 4th on qtrs won this year after 14 games Shows we have both come on and how bad our bad qtrs have been. It's 5th but the Tigers have played one more.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_ ... st=AQ&sb=p

Positive is we were talking finals so late in the year rather than the no.1 draft pick. Not so much disappointed at missing finals, as we weren't expected to be there, it's just the way we missed them when the chance was staring at us n the face and we shit the bed. Still, much better than expected.

Post subject: On the positive side
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:56 pm 
formerly King Kenny

jim wrote:
We are still 4th on qtrs won this year after 14 games Shows we have both come on and how bad our bad qtrs have been. It's 5th but the Tigers have played one more.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_ ... st=AQ&sb=p

Positive is we were talking finals so late in the year rather than the no.1 draft pick. Not so much disappointed at missing finals, as we weren't expected to be there, it's just the way we missed them when the chance was staring at us n the face and we shit the bed. Still, much better than expected.

That’s the stat! We aren’t far away. Just need to work on that forward line cohesiveness and cut out some stupid mistakes in the backline at times, and finals is our for the taking in 2021, as I expected.

I want to use our first pick the draft too. Williams is the player we need, and he should be a free agent paring the contract.