Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:01 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:22 pm 
Craig Bradley

Lang is class with ball in hand. Just needs to find it more, and work on the defensive stuff. I'd be keeping him on the list.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:31 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

perfect day at the G with all the Carlton brethren.
so great to get that win.
especially in the face of bald green maggot flog stupidity. (again)
so great to see the win for Crippa and Daisy and Teague.
we are back in a big way. cannot wait for 2020.
go Blues
go Teague
you bloody beauty!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:32 pm 
Ken Hunter

Just got home from the game.
I thought it was a good game to watch.
Great win considering the outs we had and we were up against it with those 3 maggots.
Levi was huge, I will be devastated if he left now.
Good all round effort, Kreuzer was terrific.
How good was it when the camera was on Teague in the coaches box in that last quarter and the crowd cheered.
What a good crowd, 51,000 at this time of the year is a fantastic effort.
Very happy, just wish the season wasn't about to finish.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:32 pm 
Harry Vallence

bluegirl72 wrote:
perfect day at the G with all the Carlton brethren.
so great to get that win.
especially in the face of bald green maggot flog stupidity. (again)
so great to see the win for Crippa and Daisy and Teague.
we are back in a big way. cannot wait for 2020.
go Blues
go Teague
you bloody beauty!!!

Yes Roll On 2020. :clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:38 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Stefchook wrote:
Lang is class with ball in hand. Just needs to find it more, and work on the defensive stuff. I'd be keeping him on the list.

I’d rather keep Daisy....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:42 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I wouldn't log into a saints forum, but I reckon they are losing their shit at the umpires as much as we are. It was a very frustrating day both ways. The changing of the HTB interpretation from week to week does my @#$%&! head in.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:53 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Scotty12000 wrote:
Did it for Crippa (who apparently was in hospital all morning with an ear infection and still dominated)
Did it for Daisy (who's winding back the clock and going out swinging with a blinder)
Did it for Teaguey (the train just keeps on rollin')
Did it for the members (who are signing up in record numbers, turning out in droves and cheering louder than they've ever been)

Did it in spite of the bald headed flogs (if my eyes didn't deceive me it was that same loudmouth 23 that reamed us last week)
Did it in spite of Gil (keep your filthy snout out of our trough)
Did it in spite of St Kilda (so good to finally do these pricks)

Bloody beautiful work. GO BLUES!

Hear hear. POTW.
:clap:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:55 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

kezza wrote:
Great win considering the outs we had and we were up against it with those 3 maggots.
How good was it when the camera was on Teague in the coaches box in that last quarter and the crowd cheered.

Was a fantastic day kezza. The win was unexpected for me. Woulda been happy with a close one today.
Re Levi completely agree. He has become so valuable for us. Hard to see how we could let him go. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:07 pm 
Garry Crane

I’ve been to most homes games this year, considerably more than I have managed in the last few years, which has been great. Today’s game was one of the most enjoyable to watch. Yes, we butchered the ball on too many occasions, our clanger count was well ahead of the Saints, but the boys kept playing hard footy, tackling was particularly good, ok one or two didn’t stick, but overall the intensity was excellent. They all seemed to be playing for each other, for the coach, for the milestone occasions, for the fans. Exactly what you want to see. David Teague has done an outstanding job in his short tenure so far and I for one am looking forward to next week to see what we can do and to next season. Go the T-Train!

Big shout out to Levi today, just played an impressive big back man game, one of the best games I have seen him play. Murph seems to be reinvigorated and actually giving a sh%t and has been great over the last few games and again today. Loved the checkside goal. Kreuze was trying for three quarters but not getting anywhere other than delivering the ball to the opposition, but his last quarter was instrumental in Carlton overhauling the Saints, two centre clearance kicks out of the ruck just outstanding. Simmo was great as was Daisy who kept the crowd excited as well. If only he didn’t have that run of years with a dodgy foot, he has played well this season and it probably doesn’t seem quite right to let him go, he has been loyal to the club, but that’s footy unfortunately. Newman and JSOS good, JSOS unlucky at 3/4 time to be robbed of a shot at goal. Crippa worked himself into the game, quite incredible given he was in hospital this morning. McGovern on balance was good, can’t complain about three goals, took an absolute screamer, but had a couple of brain farts as well as did a number of others.

Umpires got their usual round of “commentary” from the crowd. Some decisions mystifying at times for both sides.

All in all, a very good win, not sure that many in the members’ area in the Southern Stand thought we’d get there at 3/4 time, perhaps expectations of another honourable loss, but the last quarter was excellent, they kept the pressure up, the back line held up, and there were a few great goals. Well done.

Go Blues!

LOB

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:12 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

mjs wrote:
I’ve been to most homes games this year, considerably more than I have managed in the last few years, which has been great. Today’s game was one of the most enjoyable to watch. Yes, we butchered the ball on too many occasions, our clanger count was well ahead of the Saints, but the boys kept playing hard footy, tackling was particularly good, ok one or two didn’t stick, but overall the intensity was excellent. They all seemed to be playing for each other, for the coach, for the milestone occasions, for the fans. Exactly what you want to see. David Teague has done an outstanding job in his short tenure so far and I for one am looking forward to next week to see what we can do and to next season. Go the T-Train!

Big shout out to Levi today, just played an impressive big back man game, one of the best games I have seen him play. Murph seems to be reinvigorated and actually giving a sh%t and has been great over the last few games and again today. Loved the checkside goal. Kreuze was trying for three quarters but not getting anywhere other than delivering the ball to the opposition, but his last quarter was instrumental in Carlton overhauling the Saints, two centre clearance kicks out of the ruck just outstanding. Simmo was great as was Daisy who kept the crowd excited as well. If only he didn’t have that run of years with a dodgy foot, he has played well this season and it probably doesn’t seem quite right to let him go, he has been loyal to the club, but that’s footy unfortunately. Newman and JSOS good, JSOS unlucky at 3/4 time to be robbed of a shot at goal. Crippa worked himself into the game, quite incredible given he was in hospital this morning. McGovern on balance was good, can’t complain about three goals, took an absolute screamer, but had a couple of brain farts as well as did a number of others.

Umpires got their usual round of “commentary” from the crowd. Some decisions mystifying at times for both sides.

All in all, a very good win, not sure that many in the members’ area in the Southern Stand thought we’d get there at 3/4 time, perhaps expectations of another honourable loss, but the last quarter was excellent, they kept the pressure up, the back line held up, and there were a few great goals. Well done.

Go Blues!

LOB

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:18 pm 
Ken Hunter

Didn't make the game today as it was Mrs Caz's birthday and we were out for lunch. Not an excuse, just life.

Kept sneaking a look at the score over lunch. Out of lunch and walking up the street with 5 mins to go. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Congrats Blues and Congrats Teaguey.

I said in the pre-game thread we had to win this to keep the momentum going after this week, and into 2020, or it was all going to be a waste. No FB and no CHB was a big ask so well done to you all.

Now to finish off by really giving the Cats a run for their money on their own dung hill. No weak capitulation! It will not be excepted under any circumstances!

Made all the fans proud today. :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:21 pm 
Horrie Clover

And now the Crows are getting flogged

Just a perfect day

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:23 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Macfart wrote:
And now the Crows are getting flogged

Just a perfect day

Indded. :thanks:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:23 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bluegirl72 wrote:
Scotty12000 wrote:
Did it for Crippa (who apparently was in hospital all morning with an ear infection and still dominated)
Did it for Daisy (who's winding back the clock and going out swinging with a blinder)
Did it for Teaguey (the train just keeps on rollin')
Did it for the members (who are signing up in record numbers, turning out in droves and cheering louder than they've ever been)

Did it in spite of the bald headed flogs (if my eyes didn't deceive me it was that same loudmouth 23 that reamed us last week)
Did it in spite of Gil (keep your filthy snout out of our trough)
Did it in spite of St Kilda (so good to finally do these pricks)

Bloody beautiful work. GO BLUES!

Hear hear. POTW.
:clap:

I’ll double down on that.

:thumbsup:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:30 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Just a great day at the footy. There was anger. There was anguish. There was cheering. But best of all, there was celebration with my Dad and my kids. My love of football has been rediscovered over the last 2 months. Thank you Teaguey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:32 pm 
Craig Bradley

McGovern plays much better when he's fit rather than fat.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:34 pm 
John Nicholls

Rocked up to Elsternwick station at 12:45 .. stood there 20 minutes before the attendant bothered to say buses replacing trains (no signs anywhere).

Jumped on the bus, driver goes right up punt road. I almost pull the pin. Game starts, we're on Punt road and havn't gone past Domain road.

12 Carlton supporters watching on my phone. 10 mins in, get to Goch's paddock. We bail and sprint. I get to my seat 20 minutes into the first quarter and have a strong feeling I should have bailed back at Elsternwick.

Then there was a few quarters of some of the most shocking umpiring I've ever seen, St Kilda looking dangerous... and then somehow we hit the front. And we win!

Play was right in front of us at the final siren. Took a video... sorry for the poor quality but you get the idea. Massive navy blue crowd, very loud.

The boos at 50 seconds are for the MAGGOTS.

Anyway, YOU BEAUTY!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:37 pm 
Serge Silvagni

kezza wrote:

Agree that Levi and Kreuzer were terrific as were SPS , Daisy and Simpson. Good to get a win with three first choice defenders and Charlie not in the team.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:15 pm 
Geoff Southby

Im drunk. Yahooooo!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:16 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

Laing is a warrior. Loved some of his tackling efforts. Not the first week he's done it either.

Any chance we can help save Daisy? GoFundMe or something??

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next