Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:15 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:57 am 
Geoff Southby

It really feels like we’re a young up and coming team now and the whole club from the top to the bottom is united and riding this massive wave.

I commented that we were undisciplined making mistakes when the saints got ahead of us but I could tell our hearts were 100% in it. That’s what is making me so happy and at times overwhelmed with love for this club at the moment when I see us playing with heart that we never had with Bolton. Teague is certainly bringing genuine belief and is bringing out the human aspect of this entire club. Teague is showing himself to be a genuine human with good character. I can’t hekp but look forward to round 1 next year. It’s going to be a ripping blockbuster of epic proportions.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:40 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

TheBluesMuse wrote:
I can’t hekp but look forward to round 1 next year. It’s going to be a ripping blockbuster of epic proportions.

It's a pity that one of our key players (Daisy) won't be out in the middle and probably will be playing for another club.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:51 am 
Bruce Doull

For anyone not there, this should give you an idea of the noise at the ground..

Goals of the week

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:17 am 
Bruce Doull

Donstuie wrote:

Goals of the week
Murphy involved in most of those, he's having a good back half of the season.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:32 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

TheBluesMuse wrote:
It really feels like we’re a young up and coming team now and the whole club from the top to the bottom is united and riding this massive wave.

I commented that we were undisciplined making mistakes when the saints got ahead of us but I could tell our hearts were 100% in it. That’s what is making me so happy and at times overwhelmed with love for this club at the moment when I see us playing with heart that we never had with Bolton. Teague is certainly bringing genuine belief and is bringing out the human aspect of this entire club. Teague is showing himself to be a genuine human with good character. I can’t hekp but look forward to round 1 next year. It’s going to be a ripping blockbuster of epic proportions.

X2.
Massive attack of happiness.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:33 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Bloody disappointing we are shoved down to Cattargh stadium just when we'd all love to go to the last game and cheer the boys on.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:34 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Teague's presser.
https://m.carltonfc.com.au/video/2019-08-17/r22-teague-postmatch

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:43 am 
Geoff Southby

Humpers wrote:
TheBluesMuse wrote:
I can’t hekp but look forward to round 1 next year. It’s going to be a ripping blockbuster of epic proportions.

It's a pity that one of our key players (Daisy) won't be out in the middle and probably will be playing for another club.

Are you making a joke that I missed? Sorry, I’m a tad slow at times.

If it’s a legitimate comment, Daisy has never been a key player for us he plays a role like any other player. Could probably count on one hand the times he’s been in our best all year. Put your emotion aside, he’s 32 with a bung ankle and we have a plethora of young players who can fill the same roles he does. Luck to him at another club but I won’t miss him and neither will the team. He was smug in his presser too.

Last edited by TheBluesMuse on Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:44 am 
Garry Crane

verbs wrote:
I don't know why but after the game I sang the song in the voice of Klaus from American Dad.

Oh great, thanks a lot. Now I will NOT, not be able to do the same from here on in.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:47 am 
Rod Ashman

Pros

Murphy in particular the second half was great, I thought he stood up when the game needed to be one. We won with Cripps not having a big influence.
Our backline again, they have been excellent for most of the year.
Simpson, playing amazing footy.
I'd say we played average footy and we won.
51k crowd, we are the sleeping giant, 75% Carlton supporters.
Casboult the swingman

Cons

Our entry to our forward line, this was the difference. Clean this up and we would have had a 5+ goal win.
Umpiring, OMG

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:20 am 
Ken Hunter

you know when Teague was playing I once said we would be better a team when he could no longer get a game for us, but I said I loved his heart. Well that heart is back, Calrton's heart is back, that old bluebagger heart that thumps and thumps like a thousand hands banging the signs at P.P. As Blue Sombrero aptly said, this is the first time for many years that I do not want this season to end. I am even trying to talk a brother or two in to heading down to Geelong if we can and that...well that's a rare event, as rare as a St Kilda flag! I cannot wait (and know I must) for next season, no hope, no half glass, @#$%&! the glass, I just want to see how this unfolds, this team, this coach, this club...this, finally, united club!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:41 am 
Garry Crane

TheBluesMuse wrote:
Humpers wrote:
TheBluesMuse wrote:

Are you making a joke that I missed? Sorry, I’m a tad slow at times.

If it’s a legitimate comment, Daisy has never been a key player for us he plays a role like any other player. Could probably count on one hand the times he’s been in our best all year. Put your emotion aside, he’s 32 with a bung ankle and we have a plethora of young players who can fill the same roles he does. Luck to him at another club but I won’t miss him and neither will the team. He was smug in his presser too.

This.

Exactly, put emotions aside because mid year most of us were calling for his axing.

Jones
Marchbank
Weitering

And draft picks / trades will give us what we need going forward.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:07 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Cazzesman wrote:
Kept sneaking a look at the score over lunch. Out of lunch and walking up the street with 5 mins to go. :clap: :clap: :clap It will not be excepted under any circumstances!

Moshe takes acception to that

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:15 am 
Ken Hunter

bluehammer wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
Kept sneaking a look at the score over lunch. Out of lunch and walking up the street with 5 mins to go. :clap: :clap: :clap It will not be excepted under any circumstances!

Moshe takes acception to that

excepted vs accepted. I see what you did there. I'm guessing the word should be accepted :yikes:

How about this instead. :lol: :lol:

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:29 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Pros:
No Wietering / C Curnow / Marchbank / Docherty / Jones and we still managed to hold our own and fill those gaps. I feel like we’re slowing getting some depth to our list.

2nd Half intensity. Whatever was said at halftime worked.

Crowd - I feel us Blues fans have lifted a few notches recently. Maybe because we have let go of frustrations and kind finally see the hope and not just promise. One D.Teague has a huge part to play in that.

CONS:-

The bloody Umpires, again. Surely I’m not the only one seeing it. They have been putrid.

I brought my friend from New Orleans out to Australia last week and of course made her a Carlton Fan.

Sadly I took her to the Richmond game in the pouring rain. But she watched highlights of the game yesterday (back in the states) and sent me a message saying “WOW” when Harry kicked that goal.

She also commented on how beautiful the ground looked in that weather and how impressive the crowd sounded.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:45 am 
Stephen Kernahan

dannyboy wrote:
you know when Teague was playing I once said we would be better a team when he could no longer get a game for us, but I said I loved his heart. Well that heart is back, Calrton's heart is back, that old bluebagger heart that thumps and thumps like a thousand hands banging the signs at P.P. As Blue Sombrero aptly said, this is the first time for many years that I do not want this season to end. I am even trying to talk a brother or two in to heading down to Geelong if we can and that...well that's a rare event, as rare as a St Kilda flag! I cannot wait (and know I must) for next season, no hope, no half glass, @#$%&! the glass, I just want to see how this unfolds, this team, this coach, this club...this, finally, united club!

Bloody hell! Does that mean poems will be making a return?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:23 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Blue Vain wrote:
dannyboy wrote:

Bloody hell! Does that mean poems will be making a return?

small price to pay :grin:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:08 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Donstuie wrote:

Goals of the week

I know we still have a long way to go in terms of truly big games. But in terms of what we’ve endured and where we have come from, I defy anybody who bleeds blue to not get chills when you hear the roar when Harry kicks that late goal.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:50 pm 
Wayne Johnston

robertbb wrote:
Rocked up to Elsternwick station at 12:45 .. stood there 20 minutes before the attendant bothered to say buses replacing trains (no signs anywhere).

Jumped on the bus, driver goes right up punt road. I almost pull the pin. Game starts, we're on Punt road and havn't gone past Domain road.

12 Carlton supporters watching on my phone. 10 mins in, get to Goch's paddock. We bail and sprint. I get to my seat 20 minutes into the first quarter and have a strong feeling I should have bailed back at Elsternwick.

Then there was a few quarters of some of the most shocking umpiring I've ever seen, St Kilda looking dangerous... and then somehow we hit the front. And we win!

Play was right in front of us at the final siren. Took a video... sorry for the poor quality but you get the idea. Massive navy blue crowd, very loud.

The boos at 50 seconds are for the MAGGOTS.

Anyway, YOU BEAUTY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoE-x0A ... e=youtu.be

For those of us using Tapatalk.....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:44 pm 
Geoff Southby

Good overall team performance................everybody did something.Blokes drifted in and out of the game.I think when our intensity around the ball and the man is up we will trouble anyone..............nice feature was at last our younger players ( bar Fisher ) all stepped up and contributed.Dow,PetSet and O"Brien were good.........a spell in the magi's hasn't hurt Paddy.sorta like he needed to recharge.......................still gotta persist with Fish,he will get it back................special mention to Levi,best game ever for our club...................
and i reckon our opponents the Saints will be alright.Some very sharp players in there lineup.Marshall,Clark,very good young players.

Our coach is quirky aint he.Presents very well,is very clear in his speech...............also represents our club well.good start to his coaching career.good luck fella...........

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next