Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:16 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:20 pm 
Garry Crane

Just enjoying watching a replay of yesterday's match!

I wonder who wins? :grin: :grin: :grin:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:28 pm 
Ken Hunter

Only a 4 goal deficit turned over this week, post-contract complacency setting in already.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:32 pm 
Craig Bradley

Great we've gone 6-4. We had a pretty damn tough draw in the second half of the season for a side that won the spoon this year with 2 wins.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:23 pm 
Bob Chitty

A fantastic day at the footy. The roar is back and I can’t wait until round 1 2020. Levi was phenomenal. Kreuz willed us to the line in that last quarter. I liked Dow’s game - much more involved and nailed an important goal. Special shoutout to Simmo taking that mark and running away from Lonie who is 12 years younger than him. Go blues

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:28 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

robertbb wrote:
Rocked up to Elsternwick station at 12:45 .. stood there 20 minutes before the attendant bothered to say buses replacing trains (no signs anywhere).

Jumped on the bus, driver goes right up punt road. I almost pull the pin. Game starts, we're on Punt road and havn't gone past Domain road.

12 Carlton supporters watching on my phone. 10 mins in, get to Goch's paddock. We bail and sprint. I get to my seat 20 minutes into the first quarter and have a strong feeling I should have bailed back at Elsternwick.

Then there was a few quarters of some of the most shocking umpiring I've ever seen, St Kilda looking dangerous... and then somehow we hit the front. And we win!

Play was right in front of us at the final siren. Took a video... sorry for the poor quality but you get the idea. Massive navy blue crowd, very loud.

The boos at 50 seconds are for the MAGGOTS.

Anyway, YOU BEAUTY!

Robbie that is GOLD.
One of the best things I've seen and heard on TC....anywhere.

I was there.

Love the boos to the umpires, and with that the AFL Commission.
We won without their help....and don't try and stop us.
Carlton 2020
Get on the Teague train.

Destination Club.
Founding Club.
Dark Navy Blue

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:32 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

litho_43 wrote:
Laing is a warrior. Loved some of his tackling efforts. Not the first week he's done it either.

Any chance we can help save Daisy? GoFundMe or something??

What a good thought

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:36 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

eric pascoe wrote:
The Big Kreuz- wow what a last quarter.
Seriously , as supporters, we need to get behind Daisy and supporter power give this bloke another year.

Where do I sign?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:09 pm 
Rod Ashman

Great win, great noise, great game.
Go Blues!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:16 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Daisy was all Class.... he does deserve a one year extension. The Club is taking a big gamble in assuming that Doherty and Williams will be fit and firing next year... I still think Daisy has a role to play in the backline.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:31 pm 
Craig Bradley

In these last 11 rounds we'll have played the top 4, 3 others who were in the 8 at the time or in the 8 now, traveled twice, with one of those other 3 games against sides out of the 8 we had to play it in Sydney. Another one we lost to Melbourne because of a Simmo shank. For a side that finished last with 2 wins last year that's not exactly a pleasant draw.

6-5, as is likely, is tremendous, 7-4 would be something outstanding.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:41 pm 
Harry Vallence

jim wrote:
In these last 11 rounds we'll have played the top 4, 3 others who were in the 8 at the time or in the 8 now, traveled twice, with one of those other 3 games against sides out of the 8 we had to play it in Sydney. Another one we lost to Melbourne because of a Simmo shank. For a side that finished last with 2 wins last year that's not exactly a pleasant draw.

6-5, as is likely, is tremendous, 7-4 would be something outstanding.

What will be most interesting is whether the AFL makeyuppy department give us a tougher fixture next year expecting us to be on the march, or whether we get an appropriate fixture for 15th-16th position, giving us an easy draw to really catapult from next season...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:48 pm 
Geoff Southby

If he is to be moved on, Levi is no longer steak knives.

Levi = the rabbit.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:20 pm 
Ken Hands

bondiblue wrote:
robertbb wrote:
Rocked up to Elsternwick station at 12:45 .. stood there 20 minutes before the attendant bothered to say buses replacing trains (no signs anywhere).

Jumped on the bus, driver goes right up punt road. I almost pull the pin. Game starts, we're on Punt road and havn't gone past Domain road.

12 Carlton supporters watching on my phone. 10 mins in, get to Goch's paddock. We bail and sprint. I get to my seat 20 minutes into the first quarter and have a strong feeling I should have bailed back at Elsternwick.

Then there was a few quarters of some of the most shocking umpiring I've ever seen, St Kilda looking dangerous... and then somehow we hit the front. And we win!

Play was right in front of us at the final siren. Took a video... sorry for the poor quality but you get the idea. Massive navy blue crowd, very loud.

The boos at 50 seconds are for the MAGGOTS.

Anyway, YOU BEAUTY!

Robbie that is GOLD.
One of the best things I've seen and heard on TC....anywhere.

I was there.

Love the boos to the umpires, and with that the AFL Commission.
We won without their help....and don't try and stop us.
Carlton 2020
Get on the Teague train.

Destination Club.
Founding Club.
Dark Navy Blue

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:20 pm 
Harry Vallence

Just need 2 more Saints players to grab a leg each and the ump might consider blowing the whistle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:54 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

loved the way we got smashed in the first quarter. we could've been down by 4 goals.

... then watching us inch our way back into the game. teague hasta take a fair bit of credit for this one.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:03 pm 
Harry Vallence

Braithy wrote:
loved the way we got smashed in the first quarter. we could've been down by 4 goals.

... then watching us inch our way back into the game. teague hasta take a fair bit of credit for this one.

Interesting Braithy l thought we dominated them for the majority of the First qtr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:29 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Braithy wrote:

I’m pretty sure we smashed them, should’ve been 3-4 goals up but for poor skills inside 50.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:00 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Navy One wrote:
Just need 2 more Saints players to grab a leg each and the ump might consider blowing the whistle

... for a block against Cripps?

Finally agree with Robbo.... Said that Carlton should take this to the AFL and ask for a 'please explain'
Go Blues

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:16 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Navy One wrote:

Cripps is about to be penalised for head high contact on both saints players....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:37 pm 
Banned

Teams are starting to wake up maybe they need three players on Crippa as two is clearly not enough.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5