Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:41 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 266  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:05 am 
Bruce Doull

sinbagger wrote:
Quote:
In that time, since round 12, 2019 to now, only Essendon** has seen sides pile on unanswered runs of goals in more games. Twenty times in the same period Essendon** has been unable to stop the onslaught.

There’s always a silver lining…..

Such a bright future though

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 11:56 am 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
FWIW

https://twitter.com/thepumper5/status/1 ... 7511534593

Fingers crossed

Something in the coach's box has to give.
I hope its not the tea lady.

They didn’t give the tea lady her biscuits for this week , not looking good for her !!

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 12:08 pm 
Craig Bradley

Watch from 6:30 on. Pretty damning for Teague and for me highlights his lack of focus on defensive structure, which is why continually leak goals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLy9rICH3_E

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 5:43 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Has no respect for defence. Strange because it's the cornerstone of most football codes.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 6:47 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

jake_h03 wrote:
Watch from 6:30 on. Pretty damning for Teague and for me highlights his lack of focus on defensive structure, which is why continually leak goals

I think Teague by his own admission thought it could become a shoot out, but this FC panel are looking for a headline.

I thought our defense was good till the last quarter.

Why don't they...

Question the personnel we have in for the injured and suggest we don't bat deep enough? or

Carlton had the Doggies on the ropes then it seems they slowed down the pace of the game, going away from everything they were doing right, so a coaching error?

And the obvious one, of course the defense would be under immense pressure given the midfield lost the clearances.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:09 pm 
Geoff Southby

This is old news.

Before the season started, many of us were concerned that Carlton had over-corrected from the Bolts era (remember those games when the opposition would kick less than 100 points but we’d still lose by 10 goals?). Of course we need to get the balance right - the media is just catching up and, as usual, flogging a point to death.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:20 pm 
Robert Walls

jake_h03 wrote:

What makes my blood boil is that THIS WEEK, his gameplan was openly about a shootout.

So what the f#$%^&&* does he then mean other weeks when he says, "we need to play our way"????

STFU and devise a gameplan that at least aims to beat the best

#DavidOutOfHisLeague-Teague

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:37 pm 
Bruce Doull

Run and gun is fine as long as you have the ball. Losing 14 centre clearances in a row means you ain't got the ball.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:14 pm 
John James

azzablue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
FWIW

Fingers crossed

They didn’t give the tea lady her biscuits for this week , not looking good for her !!

Paul from that tweet has hinted that Leppitsch will be an assistant at Carlton next year.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 4:49 pm 
Banned

We need the best assistant coaches we can get. Probably our next evolution.

Unlikely our current assistants are good enough to get jobs at other AFL clubs tbh.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 6:00 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Brently8 wrote:
azzablue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
FWIW

Fingers crossed

Paul from that tweet has hinted that Leppitsch will be an assistant at Carlton next year.

If so, we are heading in the right direction.

I reckon Leppa would be a great Football Manager, like Balme is.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 6:15 pm 
Ken Hunter

Don't mind that idea at all Bondi. I think we need to start with the footy manager position as well.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 7:25 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

SurreyBlue wrote:
Don't mind that idea at all Bondi. I think we need to start with the footy manager position as well.

A bloke like Leppa has the knack to get everyone on side, not at the cost of being open and honest, coach like.
I have no doubt coaching staff would pick his brain even if he was Football Mananger.

He was a coach and probably still could be, if the 1995 side was still around.

But if he's available for the Assistants gig, and or mentor role for Teague, get him!
Find a way to pay him handsomely to get us The Holy Grail, and keep him.

He's a 3 time Premiership AA FB/CHB/CHF freak.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 7:54 pm 
Bruce Doull

I thought him and Doc didn't get along from Doc's time at Brisbane?

And given how careful we have to be not to hurt our leaders' feelings, I'd be surprised if we managed this.

(or was it Vossy?)

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 8:04 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Donstuie wrote:
I thought him and Doc didn't get along from Doc's time at Brisbane?

And given how careful we have to be not to hurt our leaders' feelings, I'd be surprised if we managed this.

(or was it Vossy?)

Rockliff

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 9:56 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

A bloke like Leppa has the knack to get everyone on side, not at the cost of being open and honest, coach like.
I have no doubt coaching staff would pick his brain even if he was Football Mananger.

But if he's available for the Assistants gig, and or mentor role for Teague, get him!

He has too much knowledge and integrity to come to us .. our football dept is a basket case

We ain’t that lucky

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 9:45 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

azzablue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

He has too much knowledge and integrity to come to us .. our football dept is a basket case

We ain’t that lucky

Watch this space.

Of field recruiting has nothing to do with luck.

Leppa doesn't think we are that far off.
Now that the media are starting to sing that tune, perhaps you could look at that as a sign that Carlton supporters were baited by the media as to how bad things are at Carlton.

I remember getting belted a few games under Bolton with his ultra defensive game plans despite only allowing the opposition to kick less than 100 points. We would only kick 3-4 goals. Do you remember the 10 goal losses? They were pretty common as were our quarter fade outs.

Over the last 2 years we have not lost a game by more than 5 goals. Not sure if any other team can boast the same. A lot of games we lost by less than a goal. What that tells you is despite losing concentration/ fitness/ injury for a period to a 5 goal run we have improved immensely, and as all the scribes (except Robbo) have been saying is that that can be fixed...and I know that, and have said so all year long.

Our surge up the ladder starts after this week with the return of injured personnel and current players getting over their niggles...who knows, may even start this week.

In the last

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 4:06 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I have listened to Teague's interview for this week's game.

Teague's either giving nothing away (not sure if that's the right thing to do?)

or

Teague's blatantly lying. (I don't think that's the right thing to do.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but I think he lost me a bit today for numerous reasons.

I have to say after a few minutes of listening, I was :mad: . Furious.
I felt like I was being bullshitted to.
I felt like Teague was blatantly lying to the interviewers, to the public and to the fans. It was his stuttering and body language that gave me that impression.
I felt like Teague had lost touch and control of the team.

When he said "I am a bit confused why [the interviewers] asking me all [these questions about Cripps' fitness] when it happened so long ago?". Then he's lost touch or someone should have repeated the same questions as they had, or the Communications Manager who he should be liaising with as the spokesman of the Team, needs to be replaced.

Teague stated that Cripps had a sore back in round 1-2 "not sure about the details", and that's all he knows, and "it is not an issue now".

Does he think Cripps looks like he's playing with his normal flair and aggression? No one else does. It is very obvious to everyone Cripps is playing injured, and if not he's carrying a "niggle" that doesn't let him play his game, or, he's checked out, coz he's not interested in getting the hard ball. So which is it?

So the Head Coach of his Team, who he knows every individual on an intimate level, (because he has to know everything about their welfare and if anything will handicap their performance in the next game), doesn't know if a player has been playing injured, or with a fracture or with injections. I can't buy that. It is The Head Coach's job to know, and if he doesn't make it his business, then he should not be in that very important seat we have gifted to him. He's in the people business. Moving Hearts and Minds can't be done if you don't know the ins and outs of a player is ie what's going on with their body and their mind.

Fancy not knowing if Cripps has been injected before a game to play, or that he has a back fractured (FFS), or an injury. The media do, and report it. Nothing to do with sneaky leakers. Players talk. Trainers talk. Bystanders hear. Bystanders talk.

Show some respect Teaguey. Then he goes on to say "it's not an issue now", oh yeah, so there is/ wass an issue, so what exactly is that " issue" Teaguey? Not round 1 and 2, but the recent change in his demeanour and attack on the ball!

Teague declared in the media that an unfit player (physically or mentally) will decide whether he plays or not. As long as they put their hand up, they play. FMD. That's Russian Roulette if I ever heard it, and talk about being disinterested in the player's welfare. He ended his interview saying he thought player welfare is his number one concern with all the soft cap cuts. Is there an air of ambiguity, or should I say, blatant hypocrisy?

Teague's happy with the way Crippa is dealing with [injury]. It is not Crippas job to be dealing with injury. Leave that to the professionals. Its Russell's job, Its the doctor's job. It's the coach's job. Not Crippa's.

Then Teague concludes with "Crippas in great shape". Sorry, but I have to say, I'm not an idiot, but Teague is an idiot for saying this.

Crippa can't bend over to pick up a ball.
He doesn't tackle.
He is not winning the contested ball.
He looks disinterested in contact.

The we are suppose to believe Teague when he says "[Williams] is not playing hurt...then tells us earlier that every player has niggles, but he "believes in [Williams'] talent"...and aware "he hasn't played like we like", and "adjusting to a position". FFS that's what preseason is all about: gelling the team. WTF have you ben doing for the last 8 months Teague?????

As for the game plan. Lets remember he had all summer with a fulll squad to practise the game plan, over and over again on a beautiful brand new ground in beautiful weather on a daily basis. On game days he has a runner to send out the message to stop some of the set ups, loss of concentration, and changes in tactics, and take off players who are repeat offenders or can't concentrate. He blames it all on the players out on the field, but he's the decision maker, on them and the game plan. He said:

"we need to defend with more intent. We weren't good enough"

"we slowed it down and started chipping it sideways"

"when they are coming at us, we needed to slow it down"

"need to exercise more concentration"

Well, Mr smartarse, that's all good after the fact, but why don't you send your runner down to the players on the field straight after the first goal gets through, and the signs are there, and tell them they are falling into the same old trap of the last 2 seasons. Give them instruction! Why? It happens for 5 goals in a row, and last week 8, and it has to be stopped there and then.

No wonder they media have labelled this weekly occurence as "Teague's Gift", and now I agree with that label.

He's giving it to the opposition on a platter, not educating his team enough during preseason, let alone the week, and he's selecting players who are injured and letting them decide if they want to put their hand up to play or not, and, worst of all, on game day, he's not sending the message to players on the field as a matter of urgency via his runner, and instructing them rather than letting the players just hang themselves in public.

No wonder I was feeling :mad: listening to his ahhhhhhhhhhh repeat that..............aaaahhhhhhh..blame blame blame lie lie ignore ignore...AAAAAHHHHHHHHH. FMD, I thought Bob Hawke was dead.

Sorry but I had to let it all out. I'm sick of the list getting blamed, the development, the players......take ownership you lump.

My conundrum, I want to support Teague, but should I continue to give Teague the benefit of the doubt after all that?

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 5:24 pm 
Harry Vallence

Bondi, Teague lost me during the week of the Freo game after our loss to the Filth when on the back of that loss Plowman , Murphy and Newnes should have been dropped given the lack of effort shown in that game and a statement early in the season should have been set, but instead it was our kids that copped it as usual.
The lies and lack of selection integrity from David lost me.
He has done nothing since then to even sway me back.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 7:16 pm 
Harry Vallence

Bondi, Deano I totally agree with both you guys. I left some comments in the Injuries thread earlier today pretty much saying the same using different words.
If they can't see Cripps playing hurt with very little output then they've lost me and i'm sure some of the playing group as well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 266  Next