Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:38 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:12 am 
Offline
Ken Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:53 am
Posts: 13350
Location: Left Cuckistan
Can't we start boosting Barker in the media as the obvious person for the Norf role?

_________________
Something something Peter Walsh???


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:14 am 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 14041
Location: Bondi Beach
Donstuie wrote:
That we'll probably go into next year with the same coaching structure


:thumbsup:

_________________
I'm on board The Teague Train and I want to see the next station.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:46 pm 
Offline
Serge Silvagni

Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:39 pm
Posts: 977
Heavs wrote:
Can't we start boosting Barker in the media as the obvious person for the Norf role?


Like your thinking


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:37 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 14041
Location: Bondi Beach
https://www.aflcoaches.com.au/news/giansiracusa-aflca-assistant-coach-of-the-year

Luke Power 3rd.

Well done Luke.

Trying times in Covid 2020.

Teague has a great development coach on his side.

We are so lucky. The players had him in the hub all that time.
Would have done wonders for the Under 21yo.

We don't get to see what he does, but his credentials are solid.
Maybe we see the fruits in 2021, when the kids turn 21.,,plus more

_________________
I'm on board The Teague Train and I want to see the next station.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:10 pm 
Offline
Ken Hands

Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:32 pm
Posts: 456
I'm curious about how the assistant coach of the year award is judged. How the hell would anyone be able to make comparisons between the assistants at 18 clubs?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:31 am 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 14041
Location: Bondi Beach
[youtube][/youtube]
ferdinand wrote:
I'm curious about how the assistant coach of the year award is judged. How the hell would anyone be able to make comparisons between the assistants at 18 clubs?



I thought the same question. Who votes? How? How are they compared? Who compares them?

We know we've got a great development coach in Power....but why didn't he win the Award?

_________________
I'm on board The Teague Train and I want to see the next station.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:46 pm 
Offline
Ken Hands

Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:40 pm
Posts: 421
Puff award ... gia wins it ... few days later .. Essendon* have got him across as a master stroke ... alot of coincidence there ... or am I just sceptical


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:10 am 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 14041
Location: Bondi Beach
ScottSaunders2 wrote:
Puff award ... gia wins it ... few days later .. Essendon** have got him across as a master stroke ... alot of coincidence there ... or am I just sceptical



Everything that involves Effendom* and the Effendom* infiltrated media eg Herald Sun and SEN are embelished and looks like part of a well oiled, fabricated rollout of good stories to cover the drama of a club tarnished by issues which have been continuous for almost 10 years now.

_________________
I'm on board The Teague Train and I want to see the next station.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:25 pm 
Offline
Ken Hands

Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:40 pm
Posts: 421
bondiblue wrote:
ScottSaunders2 wrote:
Puff award ... gia wins it ... few days later .. Essendon*** have got him across as a master stroke ... alot of coincidence there ... or am I just sceptical



Everything that involves Effendom* and the Effendom* infiltrated media eg Herald Sun and SEN are embelished and looks like part of a well oiled, fabricated rollout of good stories to cover the drama of a club tarnished by issues which have been continuous for almost 10 years now.


lets hope they arent finally getting their act together


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:15 pm 
Offline
Craig Bradley
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:06 pm
Posts: 6508
ScottSaunders2 wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
ScottSaunders2 wrote:
Puff award ... gia wins it ... few days later .. Essendon**** have got him across as a master stroke ... alot of coincidence there ... or am I just sceptical



Everything that involves Effendom* and the Effendom* infiltrated media eg Herald Sun and SEN are embelished and looks like part of a well oiled, fabricated rollout of good stories to cover the drama of a club tarnished by issues which have been continuous for almost 10 years now.


lets hope they arent finally getting their act together


re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

_________________
Orandum est ut sit mens sana in corpore sano. Fortem posce animum mortis terrore carentem, qui spatium vitae extremum inter munera ponat naturae, qui ferre queat quoscumque labores.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:18 pm 
Offline
Robert Walls

Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:27 am
Posts: 3558
https://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/8411 ... 317606001#

First few minutes are interesting. Gets less interesting from there.

Talks about positions SPS (half back), Dow (midfield and kicking), Saad (half back) and Williams (into the midfield).

Talks about the draft and what positions we are targeting.

How to stop the 5 goal run ons by opponents. Didn’t really say too much on this to be honest other than having better concentration.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:47 pm 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:09 pm
Posts: 4156
He also acknowledged our list is a key defender short and so McGovern & Casboult will spend some of the preseason working with the backline group in case they are needed in defence during the year.

It sounds like a developing key defender, a midfielder and a small forward are on our wish list for this week’s draft.

_________________
Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:50 pm 
Offline
Bruce Doull
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:10 pm
Posts: 32533
Location: COMFORTABLY DISSATISFIED
toddkurnski wrote:
How to stop the 5 goal run ons by opponents. Didn’t really say too much on this to be honest other than having better concentration.

Probably leaving that part of our game to John Barker to sort out :wink:

_________________
WADA medical director Dr Alan Vernec describes Essendon* FC drug case as biggest scandal in team sport the world of sport has seen. #WC2WB

#GUILTY


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:18 pm 
Offline
Alex Jesaulenko
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:14 am
Posts: 21936
Donstuie wrote:
toddkurnski wrote:
How to stop the 5 goal run ons by opponents. Didn’t really say too much on this to be honest other than having better concentration.

Probably leaving that part of our game to John Barker to sort out :wink:
He hasnt been sacked yet?!

_________________
dane's trolling again


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:10 pm 
Offline
Bruce Doull
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:10 pm
Posts: 32533
Location: COMFORTABLY DISSATISFIED
Nope - in fact he's giving updates on Cripps and the midfield group, which tells me he's very much sill in the inner sanctum.

_________________
WADA medical director Dr Alan Vernec describes Essendon* FC drug case as biggest scandal in team sport the world of sport has seen. #WC2WB

#GUILTY


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:08 am 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 14041
Location: Bondi Beach
Donstuie wrote:
Nope - in fact he's giving updates on Cripps and the midfield group, which tells me he's very much sill in the inner sanctum.



After listening to that interview with john Barker I came to the conclusion he is valued and definitely in the inner sanctum.

I also assumed that our ineffectiveness to create a connection between midfield and forwards was blamed on Barker when the personnel were the main reason.

Why blame Barker? Easy target. Not a Carltonian. Been at Carlton a long time withouut tteam success.

Lets judge him next year when Williams, Saad, Fogarty and the return of Marchbank changes the look of the team.

Who knows, but Barker may end up a Carlton hero.

_________________
I'm on board The Teague Train and I want to see the next station.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:13 am 
Offline
Ken Hands
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 15, 2005 8:09 pm
Posts: 436
Location: Swimmin' in a fish bowl..
bondiblue wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
Nope - in fact he's giving updates on Cripps and the midfield group, which tells me he's very much sill in the inner sanctum.



After listening to that interview with john Barker I came to the conclusion he is valued and definitely in the inner sanctum.

I also assumed that our ineffectiveness to create a connection between midfield and forwards was blamed on Barker when the personnel were the main reason.

Why blame Barker? Easy target. Not a Carltonian. Been at Carlton a long time withouut tteam success.

Lets judge him next year when Williams, Saad, Fogarty and the return of Marchbank changes the look of the team.

Who knows, but Barker may end up a Carlton hero.


On the money, Bondi. :thumbsup:

_________________
I disagree with this evidence - because it contradicts my opinions.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:17 pm 
Offline
Ken Hands

Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:32 pm
Posts: 456
Donstuie wrote:
Nope - in fact he's giving updates on Cripps and the midfield group, which tells me he's very much sill in the inner sanctum.


Who would have thought an assistant coach could be in the inner sanctum? What a revelation.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:25 pm 
Offline
Bruce Doull
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:10 pm
Posts: 32533
Location: COMFORTABLY DISSATISFIED
I guess *shrug*

_________________
WADA medical director Dr Alan Vernec describes Essendon* FC drug case as biggest scandal in team sport the world of sport has seen. #WC2WB

#GUILTY


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:58 am 
Offline
Alex Jesaulenko
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:14 am
Posts: 21936
Just sack him already. I'll buy another membership.

_________________
dane's trolling again


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group