Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:51 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 266  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:12 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Can't we start boosting Barker in the media as the obvious person for the Norf role?

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:14 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Donstuie wrote:
That we'll probably go into next year with the same coaching structure

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:46 pm 
Harry Vallence

Heavs wrote:
Can't we start boosting Barker in the media as the obvious person for the Norf role?

Like your thinking

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:37 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

https://www.aflcoaches.com.au/news/giansiracusa-aflca-assistant-coach-of-the-year

Luke Power 3rd.

Well done Luke.

Trying times in Covid 2020.

Teague has a great development coach on his side.

We are so lucky. The players had him in the hub all that time.
Would have done wonders for the Under 21yo.

We don't get to see what he does, but his credentials are solid.
Maybe we see the fruits in 2021, when the kids turn 21.,,plus more

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:10 pm 
Ken Hands

I'm curious about how the assistant coach of the year award is judged. How the hell would anyone be able to make comparisons between the assistants at 18 clubs?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:31 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

[youtube][/youtube]
ferdinand wrote:
I'm curious about how the assistant coach of the year award is judged. How the hell would anyone be able to make comparisons between the assistants at 18 clubs?

I thought the same question. Who votes? How? How are they compared? Who compares them?

We know we've got a great development coach in Power....but why didn't he win the Award?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:46 pm 
Bob Chitty

Puff award ... gia wins it ... few days later .. Essendon* have got him across as a master stroke ... alot of coincidence there ... or am I just sceptical

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:10 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

ScottSaunders2 wrote:
Puff award ... gia wins it ... few days later .. Essendon** have got him across as a master stroke ... alot of coincidence there ... or am I just sceptical

Everything that involves Effendom* and the Effendom* infiltrated media eg Herald Sun and SEN are embelished and looks like part of a well oiled, fabricated rollout of good stories to cover the drama of a club tarnished by issues which have been continuous for almost 10 years now.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:25 pm 
Bob Chitty

bondiblue wrote:
ScottSaunders2 wrote:
Puff award ... gia wins it ... few days later .. Essendon*** have got him across as a master stroke ... alot of coincidence there ... or am I just sceptical

Everything that involves Effendom* and the Effendom* infiltrated media eg Herald Sun and SEN are embelished and looks like part of a well oiled, fabricated rollout of good stories to cover the drama of a club tarnished by issues which have been continuous for almost 10 years now.

lets hope they arent finally getting their act together

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:15 pm 
John Nicholls

ScottSaunders2 wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
ScottSaunders2 wrote:
Puff award ... gia wins it ... few days later .. Essendon**** have got him across as a master stroke ... alot of coincidence there ... or am I just sceptical

lets hope they arent finally getting their act together

re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:18 pm 
Robert Walls

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/8411 ... 317606001#

First few minutes are interesting. Gets less interesting from there.

Talks about positions SPS (half back), Dow (midfield and kicking), Saad (half back) and Williams (into the midfield).

Talks about the draft and what positions we are targeting.

How to stop the 5 goal run ons by opponents. Didn’t really say too much on this to be honest other than having better concentration.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:47 pm 
Geoff Southby

He also acknowledged our list is a key defender short and so McGovern & Casboult will spend some of the preseason working with the backline group in case they are needed in defence during the year.

It sounds like a developing key defender, a midfielder and a small forward are on our wish list for this week’s draft.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:50 pm 
Bruce Doull

toddkurnski wrote:
How to stop the 5 goal run ons by opponents. Didn’t really say too much on this to be honest other than having better concentration.

Probably leaving that part of our game to John Barker to sort out :wink:

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:18 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Donstuie wrote:
toddkurnski wrote:

Probably leaving that part of our game to John Barker to sort out :wink:
He hasnt been sacked yet?!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:10 pm 
Bruce Doull

Nope - in fact he's giving updates on Cripps and the midfield group, which tells me he's very much sill in the inner sanctum.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:08 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Donstuie wrote:
Nope - in fact he's giving updates on Cripps and the midfield group, which tells me he's very much sill in the inner sanctum.

After listening to that interview with john Barker I came to the conclusion he is valued and definitely in the inner sanctum.

I also assumed that our ineffectiveness to create a connection between midfield and forwards was blamed on Barker when the personnel were the main reason.

Why blame Barker? Easy target. Not a Carltonian. Been at Carlton a long time withouut tteam success.

Lets judge him next year when Williams, Saad, Fogarty and the return of Marchbank changes the look of the team.

Who knows, but Barker may end up a Carlton hero.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:13 am 
Bert Deacon

bondiblue wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

After listening to that interview with john Barker I came to the conclusion he is valued and definitely in the inner sanctum.

I also assumed that our ineffectiveness to create a connection between midfield and forwards was blamed on Barker when the personnel were the main reason.

Why blame Barker? Easy target. Not a Carltonian. Been at Carlton a long time withouut tteam success.

Lets judge him next year when Williams, Saad, Fogarty and the return of Marchbank changes the look of the team.

Who knows, but Barker may end up a Carlton hero.

On the money, Bondi. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:17 pm 
Ken Hands

Donstuie wrote:

Who would have thought an assistant coach could be in the inner sanctum? What a revelation.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:25 pm 
Bruce Doull

I guess *shrug*

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:58 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Just sack him already. I'll buy another membership.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 266  Next