Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:05 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 266  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:29 pm 
formerly Josh Kaplan

Reckon I’ve seen enough.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:38 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Don't got it.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:57 pm 
Bruce Doull

Brisbane
Essendon*
Dogs
Melbourne

Could be under extreme pressure in 4 weeks.

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:04 pm 
Bob Chitty

Hinkley embarrassed him tonight
Hinkley coaches with a hard edge and sets standards. Isn’t playing Rockliff at the moment
Look at some of the guys we’re still playing and who continue to get games every week

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:06 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Does anyone have Sam Mitchells phone number?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:10 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Pretty simple really. Is it fair, with the players and talent at our disposal, to expect so much more than what we deliver?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:11 pm 
Bruce Doull

Yes

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:33 pm 
Robert Walls

David out of his League-Teague fails the test again
Remember folks...he was given the caretake role because he wasnt meant to be a candidate
Judd made the "training wheels" comment, the sooky senior players went into bat for him with that Teague-Train nonsense, the Board shat their pants and we find ourselves here again

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:46 pm 
Geoff Southby

BlueJean wrote:
Adam Chatfield wrote:
BlueJean wrote:
MM is experienced...

Mitch McGovern?

Mick Malthouse.

I’d prefer Gov

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:47 pm 
Serge Silvagni

99prelim wrote:
Remember folks...he was given the caretake role because he wasnt meant to be a candidate
Judd made the "training wheels" comment, the sooky senior players went into bat for him with that Teague-Train nonsense, the Board shat their pants and we find ourselves here again

Excellent point.

Boy, did we f—k up there. It’s costing us big time now. Every week that passes without this issue being fixed is a wasted time.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:57 pm 
Craig Bradley

What frustrates me is the total inability to tyake the initiative. We're 5 goals down (again). Try something different! But no, we getr the same formula that got us 5 goals down . . .

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:03 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

99prelim wrote:

Scares me to think you're right.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:30 am 
Robert Walls

bondiblue wrote:
99prelim wrote:

Bondi...I know I'm right on this one

And...if you want to go back a few weeks prior to that, the senior players (allegedly, led by Simmo) started going on "strike" to get Bolton sacked (remember those beltings to Ess, GWS and NM from memory????)

The players all leerrrrvvvved Teague. Cripps et al led the push. There was NO process, as far as I know, there were no other candidates properly interviewed and the Board came out with, "we've seen enough of David Teague" He will be the coach

He is soooooo flowering conflicted to the senior players its not funny...not to mention Betts and McGovern

On this point I'm just guessing but I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if there is a disconnect between some senior players (the mafia if you like) and some of the junior players who just aren't getting a look in...I mean seriously, what do Stocker and Cunningham have to do...especially when they see the same sh1t served up by the untouchable senior players weak after weak after flowering weak

Tail wagging dog. He needs to go at season's end...To quote the Board, "I've seen enough"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:42 am 
Rod Ashman

AIRCAV wrote:
What frustrates me is the total inability to tyake the initiative. We're 5 goals down (again). Try something different! But no, we getr the same formula that got us 5 goals down . . .

Agree, it was evident during the 3rd qtr that our current set up would make any in roads. I was really hoping to see SPS moved to the midfield or forward, Williams in to defence along with some other moves. But we got nothing but the same crap.

I just hope Teague is different to the players behind closed doors, he doesn't inspire people on the outside and I barely listen to his pressers or radio talk. He's like a politician, gives a little hope but nothing else. When asked about Stocker during the weak rather than selling hope to the supporters and to Stocker himself he gave a 10 second "he's going ok" next question.

I find him very boring and vanilla and he seems to coach in the same manner.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:58 am 
Rod Ashman

99prelim wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
99prelim wrote:

And...if you want to go back a few weeks prior to that, the senior players (allegedly, led by Simmo) started going on "strike" to get Bolton sacked (remember those beltings to Ess, GWS and NM from memory????)

The players all leerrrrvvvved Teague. Cripps et al led the push. There was NO process, as far as I know, there were no other candidates properly interviewed and the Board came out with, "we've seen enough of David Teague" He will be the coach

He is soooooo flowering conflicted to the senior players its not funny...not to mention Betts and McGovern

On this point I'm just guessing but I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if there is a disconnect between some senior players (the mafia if you like) and some of the junior players who just aren't getting a look in...I mean seriously, what do Stocker and Cunningham have to do...especially when they see the same sh1t served up by the untouchable senior players weak after weak after flowering weak

Tail wagging dog. He needs to go at season's end...To quote the Board, "I've seen enough"

Play good footy for longer than 1 week in a row.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:01 am 
Harry Vallence

Teague was blaming our loss on clean ball use

That is true to an extent

However, surely he has realised it goes beyond that

Think about this, after 7 years of a complete rebuild, we still rely on players such as Ed Curnow, Murphy, Betts and Casboult to win. They are all past it. Although we have injuries, the expectation was the young draftees would have been carrying this side to sustained success at this point in the rebuild.

I think Teague needs to change course. Unfortunately he will need to lower his expectations about this group and take a few steps back. We are not winning a premiership with this group.

A few suggestions in the short term. Phase out the senior players now who are stifling the development of a younger player. Trade out some younger players who may have some value eg SPS, Fischer, Dow, Silvagni (?) etc. Have one captain. Sack Barker. Bring in a senior assistant for Teague. Stop topping up with players commanding big salaries eg Williams, McGovern etc

In effect, a mini rebuild that will hopefully reinvigorate the list, develop a system that stands up against the better teams and break the losing cycle that has decimated this club.

The intent is not to completely blow up our current position but to realise our current limitations and instigate a reset. Otherwise, I fear we will be treading water for a few years yet.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:44 am 
Garry Crane

We are just a nice group of fellas who cant get back on track we dont seem to have a process/system.
We lack on field leadership I think Weitering would make a better captain at this point.
Cap Docherty is done
Casboult pulls game out of his rear every 12weeks should have never got another year
Murphy should have gone when Gibbs went again should not have signed another year
Eddie has hit his target off 200 bagger games he prolly should retire mid season like Murphy.
McGovern still has to 2023 of contract Crows seem like our players send him back there.

Can we trade on mid year draft? This is something they could bring in

100% agree with you WOW

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:53 am 
Bruce Doull

WOW wrote:

Think about this, after 7 years of a complete rebuild, we still rely on players such as Ed Curnow, Murphy, Betts and Casboult to win. They are all past it. Although we have injuries, the expectation was the young draftees would have been carrying this side to sustained success at this point in the rebuild.

I think Teague needs to change course. Unfortunately he will need to lower his expectations about this group and take a few steps back. We are not winning a premiership with this group.

A few suggestions in the short term. Phase out the senior players now who are stifling the development of a younger player. Trade out some younger players who may have some value eg SPS, Fischer, Dow, Silvagni (?) etc. Have one captain. Sack Barker. Bring in a senior assistant for Teague. Stop topping up with players commanding big salaries eg Williams, McGovern etc

In effect, a mini rebuild that will hopefully reinvigorate the list, develop a system that stands up against the better teams and break the losing cycle that has decimated this club.

The intent is not to completely blow up our current position but to realise our current limitations and instigate a reset. Otherwise, I fear we will be treading water for a few years yet.

Good balanced post WOW.

Hinkley has been coach since 2012 & had his share of knockers along the way. Even Kochy had the knives out for him at one stage.

Hopefully we can strengthen this club without actually gutting the list or changing coach (again)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:05 am 
Rod Ashman

WOW wrote:

I believe we have a few good players that will take us a long way but there are a few counter productive measures in place at the moment that need to be addressed immediately.
players need to be played in their proper positions.
We need a more direct game plan
we need to stop using the midgets and kp forwards
Our kp need to play in front and lead towards the ball carrier
Accountability
Team ethos
no passengers
and for god sake learn how to dispose of the ball like afl players

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:41 am 
Robert Walls

cecil89 wrote:
99prelim wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
99prelim wrote:

Play good footy for longer than 1 week in a row.

Works both ways Cecil

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 266  Next