Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:04 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 266  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:45 am 
Bob Chitty

deano35 wrote:
How do you change a losing, soft culture.
Drop a 22 year old.
How Plowman, Murphy, Levi and Doc survive is exactly why this club will never be any good. You had your chance David to make a statement but yet again it's all talk this club
The bulldogs drop Wallis, the Tigers drop Rioli but we'll be right coz it's acceptable to laugh while your getting 5 goals kicked on you. It's acceptable to play forward without offering any pressure or taking any marks or tackling. It's also OK for our running defender to turn the ball over consistently and offer nothing defensively at the moment..
Absolutely terrible match Comittee decisions with the players in our 2's thinking why bother. If your allowing senior guys to do what they want without any consequences then we come back to the definition of insanity, do the same old crap and expect different results. We are a rabble and it looks like nothing will change. I bet if we win everything will be rosy but really it's masking an underbelly of our once great club that is officially a basket case.
David Teague you've officially lost me.

Well said Deano.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:58 am 
Rod Ashman

Mots87 wrote:
deano35 wrote:
How do you change a losing, soft culture.
Drop a 22 year old.
How Plowman, Murphy, Levi and Doc survive is exactly why this club will never be any good. You had your chance David to make a statement but yet again it's all talk this club
The bulldogs drop Wallis, the Tigers drop Rioli but we'll be right coz it's acceptable to laugh while your getting 5 goals kicked on you. It's acceptable to play forward without offering any pressure or taking any marks or tackling. It's also OK for our running defender to turn the ball over consistently and offer nothing defensively at the moment..
Absolutely terrible match Comittee decisions with the players in our 2's thinking why bother. If your allowing senior guys to do what they want without any consequences then we come back to the definition of insanity, do the same old crap and expect different results. We are a rabble and it looks like nothing will change. I bet if we win everything will be rosy but really it's masking an underbelly of our once great club that is officially a basket case.
David Teague you've officially lost me.

Well said Deano.

I get the frustration but we are looking in from the outside and we only see what the club and Teague present to us. And to be frank I do not care if from the outside the club appears weak if the players are doing what the coaches ask. The issue I see at the moment is a game plan that is being pulled apart by the rule changes. I think we are starting to see those coaches that are innovative and able to adapt to the rule changes and those that haven't, hence the results across the league. After 6 weeks everyone will have adapted and be playing roughly the same way with varying degrees of success. I have faith that we will be one showing success. The seasons only 2 games in. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:12 pm 
Bruce Comben

I am happy to get the win on the board last night against a severely undermanned Fremantle but I still have grave concerns that we still don’t have the right coaching group and development program to take us all the way. For example the Swans have their academy and a coaching group that is right up there ie John Longmire and Don Pkye and their head recruiter is top class. Then you have Richmond, the West Coast Eagles and Geelong who are in the top bracket. We need to come up to this level I believe to be a real contender and have long term success. I am by no means taking pot shots. Just my opinion for what it’s worth. Go Blues! Ps. I apologize if the above has been answered already.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:19 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Matthewzac wrote:
I am happy to get the win on the board last night against a severely undermanned Fremantle but I still have grave concerns that we still don’t have the right coaching group and development program to take us all the way. For example the Swans have their academy and a coaching group that is right up there ie John Longmire and Don Pkye and their head recruiter is top class. Then you have Richmond, the West Coast Eagles and Geelong who are in the top bracket. We need to come up to this level I believe to be a real contender and have long term success. I am by no means taking pot shots. Just my opinion for what it’s worth. Go Blues! Ps. I apologize if the above has been answered already.

Hint.

Have a look at how long ALL the coaches you mention/ allude to have been at their respective clubs. You will be shocked.

... and I don't want Clarkson just because he's been coaching at the Hawks for 15 years.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:23 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

There's a lot of different Game styles and Game plans being played out after 3 rounds.

Everyone finding their feet and what works and what doesn't.

Every coach is a pioneer in this new domain.

Richmond got done by a different game plan.

I like the WCE and Geelong styles in that they play keepings off to conserve energy perhaps?

We went full bore against Freo. Did well, not because of the opposition, but players went in harder than what we've seen since the Geelong and Dogs games last year. We ran out of puff towards the end of the third. Obvious its good to see the players going hard, but we have to have something in reserve for red time let alone last quarters.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:30 pm 
Bruce Comben

Thanks BB, you make a lot of valid points and I concur. You have hit the nail on the head.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:14 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Longmire has revolutionised his Swans again. There's a truly great coach.

We need a coach who has the brains and balls to try something totally unique to get a competitive edge.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:34 pm 
Bruce Doull

Get Hirdy......!

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:11 am 
Stephen Kernahan

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:25 am 
Ken Hunter

CK95 wrote:
Get Hirdy......!

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:58 am 
Harry Vallence

Paddycripps wrote:
Longmire has revolutionised his Swans again. There's a truly great coach.

We need a coach who has the brains and balls to try something totally unique to get a competitive edge.

He also has some brilliant assistants. Don Pyke and Dean Cox (very highly rated) to begin with in charge of their ball movement. Look at our assistant coaches.

Good coaches attract good assistants who want to learn and be associated with them. Rookie coaches sometimes don’t want the spectre of good assistant coaches because they feel threatened. I hope Teague is not one of them.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:53 pm 
Harry Vallence

Agree Teaugy could do with experienced, expert assistance, and so too the recruiting department whilst we’re at it.
Stating the obvious I know, but quality expertise is required in many facets of the Club.
We’re debit free now, so go out and attract the talent we need .
Appreciate 2nds & development team , shakeup , will yield positive results over the 2 to 3 years.
End year a review should take place one would hope, as we can’t string along 80,000+ members forever.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:51 pm 
Serge Silvagni

MM is experienced...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:24 am 
Wayne Johnston

BlueJean wrote:
MM is experienced...

I am sure he’ll be well qualified to share with his teammates his experience around what not to do, he can join Barker as joint midfield coach once he cracks the triple century.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:46 am 
Rod Ashman

I haven’t been impressed with Teague from last year until now for a number of reasons but i was last week when we made a statement on the intensity and commitment they brought. We need to bring that type of commitment every week or its all for nothing. The reason i say that is because they have come to play for a week or two after some public scrutiny has been applied previously then gone back to their own little back slapping ways. Teague need to keep cracking the whip, that easy.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:55 am 
Bob Chitty

redback wrote:
I haven’t been impressed with Teague from last year until now for a number of reasons but i was last week when we made a statement on the intensity and commitment they brought. We need to bring that type of commitment every week or its all for nothing. The reason i say that is because they have come to play for a week or two after some public scrutiny has been applied previously then gone back to their own little back slapping ways. Teague need to keep cracking the whip, that easy.

Agreed Redback. We’ve seen the fail-response pattern before but it means nothing unless a baseline standard for commitment and intent is set. That hasn’t occurred in the past. We’ll get a good gauge tonight about whether they’re happy with their one effort or whether they actually want to become a team that plays with the right intent every week

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:58 pm 
Robert Walls

Yes we won ugly and yes you'd take the 4 pointss but...

Really insipid early-no "ruthlessness" (obviously, Teague's mantra has a 1 week expiration date....f$%$^&^&*
Fumbles fumbles fumbles
Kennedy made Teague look like an imbecile in the half a quarter he played...clean hands, clean kicking action etc etc
Mid-fwd transition absolutely woeful; U12 standard
execution, decision making appalling
And can somebody please tell Cripps that he is becoming sooooooooo frustrating to watch. Wants to do everything on his own and and then brings unnecessary pressure to the team

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:41 am 
Harry Vallence

99prelim wrote:
Yes we won ugly and yes you'd take the 4 pointss but...

Really insipid early-no "ruthlessness" (obviously, Teague's mantra has a 1 week expiration date....f$%$^&^&*
Fumbles fumbles fumbles
Kennedy made Teague look like an imbecile in the half a quarter he played...clean hands, clean kicking action etc etc
Mid-fwd transition absolutely woeful; U12 standard
execution, decision making appalling
And can somebody please tell Cripps that he is becoming sooooooooo frustrating to watch. Wants to do everything on his own and and then brings unnecessary pressure to the team

Fully agree

It was a disappointing performance

Surely the club would not be happy with that

We should be further along the upward curve by now

The lack of cohesion with our ball movement has been a problem for a number of years

Scrappy wins against a bottom 6 team won’t get you far

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:27 am 
Rod Ashman

I think ‘insipid early’ is too strong. We were on top throughout the whole first quarter, but just didn’t get the scoreboard impact we should’ve. Conditions playing a big part in that.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:40 am 
Robert Walls

cecil89 wrote:
I think ‘insipid early’ is too strong. We were on top throughout the whole first quarter, but just didn’t get the scoreboard impact we should’ve. Conditions playing a big part in that.

They just looked like they weren't switched on for the first 6-8 minutes
I know the game is 80 minutes but you'd think that all the rah rah from last week would've still been there at the first bounce
And yes...they did lift their intensity about half way through Q1

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 266  Next