Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:22 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 266  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:37 pm 
Harry Vallence

Walsh wrote:
Yeah that's right - head coaching is all encompassing. I support the next coach as well make no mistake. Just hope the board doesn't mistreat the next coach - let them work and not be so disruptive.

you say on one breath that the head coach is all encompassing, and in another breath, you say its not his fault as he had no football director and assistant coaches not of his choosing

dude, you are bi-polar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:39 pm 
Geoff Southby

bender wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Yeah that's right - head coaching is all encompassing. I support the next coach as well make no mistake. Just hope the board doesn't mistreat the next coach - let them work and not be so disruptive.

you say on one breath that the head coach is all encompassing, and in another breath, you say its not his fault as he had no football director and assistant coaches not of his choosing

dude, you are bi-polar

He's definitely something. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:41 pm 
Harry Vallence

Sidefx wrote:
bender wrote:
Walsh wrote:

dude, you are bi-polar

He's definitely something. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:59 pm 
John James

Rod Waddell wrote:
diesel95 wrote:
Here's a snapshot of why this maggot has no class and no style. If drip lyon get's to be our coach, I stop caring.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/subscribe/ ... de=premium

I don't have access to The Filth website and it's pay-walled crap. But the caption and image say it all.

Why he's only stating the bleeding obvious.

Did Teague have any class and style when Bolton was under the gun? What did he and his fellow assistants do to help Bolton out of his jam? What fantastic game plan did they throw up? What extra work did they do to help develop the players?

Teague walked on Bolton's carcass as he accepted the interim job. He was no better a coach than what Bolton may have been. Bolton played the kids rightly or wrongly as instructed. A lot of the heavy lifting was done and in return plenty of Bolton undermining towards the end of his tenure.

All's fair in love and war.

show me one time Teague shopped himself for Bolton’s job while Bolton was contracted at carlton?

you must have acquired brain injury to think Teague and Lyon are on the same ethical level. Lyon may well be the better coach, but he’s a drip. and if the rumours about his departure from Freo have even 10% accuracy then it would make a complete mockery of the Carlton Respects round to have him as even a locker steward.

even Clarkson has been so disgusted by the Carlton board armature hour, selfish mid year dummy spit he dance stepped the carlton football department.

the mid year publicly paraded review was a complete cluster-flower but labelled “courageous by, um, themselves. and now the best ten players on the park are livid about it. i’m sure they’ll get over it but this is why the culture of Carlton FC is and remains so bad. it’s the worse of aussie corporate dishonesty and fake integrity. exactly what you get from the big four finacial consultancies, overpriced consultants who will conclude whatever they are paid by their clients to conclude, and then go 180 and advise the opposite a year later for another half a million bucks. all the time it’s all about the money. anyone who’s worked at PWC for a decade will tell you what animals the partners and senior execs are.

but hey at least Diesel is in charge of football so having fun at training with crippa and the boys is a thing of the past. let’s hope that means more accountability and pressure acts. and footy IQ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:02 pm 
John James

Walsh wrote:
Rod Waddell wrote:
diesel95 wrote:
Here's a snapshot of why this maggot has no class and no style. If drip lyon get's to be our coach, I stop caring.

I don't have access to The Filth website and it's pay-walled crap. But the caption and image say it all.

Did Teague have any class and style when Bolton was under the gun? What did he and his fellow assistants do to help Bolton out of his jam? What fantastic game plan did they throw up? What extra work did they do to help develop the players?

Teague walked on Bolton's carcass as he accepted the interim job. He was no better a coach than what Bolton may have been. Bolton played the kids rightly or wrongly as instructed. A lot of the heavy lifting was done and in return plenty of Bolton undermining towards the end of his tenure.

Fallacy - it was the players that wanted Bolton out.

Nothing to do with Teague.

exactly and what i was taking about that gorm Drip Lyons shopping himself in front of the media while Teague is in the dark as to his future and most of his players think he’s going to be there in 2022.

then does a full presser in cottesloe to apologies for disrespecting Teague and causing more speculation about the coaching gig. A gig should he be fortunate enough to be offer he would certainly be very keen to discuss with the Carlton CEO… double runt act.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:03 pm 
John James

azzablue wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Rod Waddell wrote:
diesel95 wrote:

You really do believe what you want to do believe,,

it was on field performance the lost bolton the job.

teague lifted the team immediately. this year wasn’t great but it wasn’t a disaster until the board turned it into one. arrogance and good intentions pave the the way to hell.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:05 pm 
John James

Rod Waddell wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Rod Waddell wrote:
diesel95 wrote:

Much the same way they pretty much want him out now.

better tell our top ten players who are “livid” according to media (who aren’t always reliable of course), then.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:06 pm 
John James

Cazzesman wrote:
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/carlton-blues/afl-news-2021-ross-lyon-vs-liam-pickering-carlton-coach-grubby-interview-david-teague-press-conference/news-story/0e244acda650c33f3c335ec85bef9775

For info.

Regards Cazzesman

dunno why you insist on using light yellow text colour but it’s untenable on iPhone TapTalk app with copy and pasting it into another app to change the text colour!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:11 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

WOW wrote:
I made a simple point about how it was obvious Teague was treated poorly and deserved better. Something that has played out for the entire week and a view supported by some of our own players eg Betts

Pretty naive to think that Clarkson would publicly release a word for word statement that he rejected the offer due to these reasons. I have no idea whether this was the case. Although, based on Teague’s treatment, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was true.

Yes you did make a simple point about it. But it was totally irrelevant to my post. Caroline Wilson said Clarkson was on record making the remark. If there's no proof of it, then he's not on record. Nothing to do with whether Teague was treated poorly or your view on it. It's about journalists being accountable for their reporting.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:12 pm 
John James

azzablue wrote:
jim wrote:
azzablue wrote:
jim wrote:
Still tells me they are waiting on an answer from Clarko. If Clarko says he wants a year off then Teague might fulfil his contract with alot more support around him. If they simply wanted to sacked Teague he would be gone already today as there's plenty of prospective coaches out there. That's what every other club does. They don't wait as they know if they want the coach or not. The fact they haven't tells me they me they are waiting on Clarko.

Not sure they'll follow up on Lyon as his sexual harassment issue at Freo does go against "Carlton Respects" policy.

Now that’s funny … the Ross Lyon thing is garbage

There are only 2 candidates for Carlton in 2022 , and there is no one else

Lyon or clarko ,,, if afl convince clarko to help the gc , it’s Lyon for us

It’s a no brainier …

Do your research. it wasn't garbage. How do you not know that? You new to football?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ross-l ... e00125bc89

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-11/ ... nt/9751052

It is funny but you're the butt of the joke this time. I know I'm laughing at you.

Maybe you need to read the boys club ...and how many in the afl where these has been cover up and pay outs

Look at the ch7 footy
Commentary team

So the joke is on you for being so naive... but good try ,, you did make me laugh

it doesn’t matter how many players, coaches, commentators have got away with sexual abuse. the buck stops when Carlton signs on to Carlton Respects, there’s a big movement behind that not just one afl club.

someone i know very well started the Respects brand while in Dept of Cabinet and Premier and when i told her about the rumours around Lyons she didn’t think it was a laughing matter. neither do it. of course he’s entitled to please his case for innocence, but i’m sure that happened at freo and he’s no longer there. hard to draw any other conclusion.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:58 pm 
John James

Walsh wrote:
List management has failed the footbal dept nothing more or less.

Here's to Nick Austin improves on past errors.

three all australian squad players and the captain of the under 22 and the coleman medalist. yeah shit list, terrible player management. we should hire someone from collingwood who can add six and seven digit numbers to manage our list.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:04 pm 
Ken Hunter

diesel95 wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/carlton-blues/afl-news-2021-ross-lyon-vs-liam-pickering-carlton-coach-grubby-interview-david-teague-press-conference/news-story/0e244acda650c33f3c335ec85bef9775

For info.

Regards Cazzesman

dunno why you insist on using light yellow text colour but it’s untenable on iPhone TapTalk app with copy and pasting it into another app to change the text colour!

Just to give you something else to complain about apparently.

11560 posts since 2005. You are the first one to mention it. Thinking it’s your problem.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:10 pm 
John James

bondiblue wrote:
diesel95 wrote:

Have a look at the names who wrote this garbage, who they work for, and their 2021 history....they make up stories, and if it involves Carlton, the more fabricated, the better for click bait.

Listen to what Lyon himself has to say on the commentary, not opinions of gutter journos.

my point was he put himself in fro t of the media to spruik himself, again. “oh sorry if i shouldn’t have appeared so mercenary on tv the other night but i’d just like to remind everyone that just because it two hours behind over here i’m not two hours late am i?”

if carlton wants you as coach Ross the Tosser, our board will beat a path to your door mate. and we know they’ve already called you several
times. no need to show us how low your IQ is again. no need to try and do anti-smug impersonations when we all know you’re smug and dumb.

“i’m not hear you make any sort of comments about Pickering because i don’t need to do that and i’m all class, but seeing as you happened to be on this oval in Cott the same time i was walking past and asked me this question, just allow me to pot Pickering and all mangers who have once been commentators because frankly i’m totally above making any further comment on this regrettable shit stain on my reputation. “

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:13 pm 
John James

frank dardew wrote:
Was a good day in Melbourne on Sunday 22 degrees not bad for August

Wonder whether anyone is talking to Buckley as an option hasn’t been mentioned at all in despatches

he’s in the fox footy top ten coaches for blues to consider.

god flowering in beautific grace if that guy is allowed to be contemplated as coach of carlton. ran pies into the ground. was a ball magnet as a player but low IQ on disposal. ain’t no chess player that’s for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:15 pm 
Ken Hunter

diesel95 wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
diesel95 wrote:

Have a look at the names who wrote this garbage, who they work for, and their 2021 history....they make up stories, and if it involves Carlton, the more fabricated, the better for click bait.

Listen to what Lyon himself has to say on the commentary, not opinions of gutter journos.

my point was he put himself in fro t of the media to spruik himself, again. “oh sorry if i shouldn’t have appeared so mercenary on tv the other night but i’d just like to remind everyone that just because it two hours behind over here i’m not two hours late am i?”

if carlton wants you as coach Ross the Tosser, our board will beat a path to your door mate. and we know they’ve already called you several
times. no need to show us how low your IQ is again. no need to try and do anti-smug impersonations when we all know you’re smug and dumb.

“i’m not hear you make any sort of comments about Pickering because i don’t need to do that and i’m all class, but seeing as you happened to be on this oval in Cott the same time i was walking past and asked me this question, just allow me to pot Pickering and all mangers who have once been commentators because frankly i’m totally above making any further comment on this regrettable shit stain on my reputation. “

You don’t room with TC’s Walsh do you?

Any Agenda you want to get off your chest?

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:17 pm 
John James

thryleon wrote:
Peggy O'Neil isn't even Australian and she understands footy clubs better than footballers do.

Look at Richmond. Went from basketcase to benchmark under her leadership.

If sayers can do that for us im all for it.

she’s done exceptionally well when you consider Richmond clubs were full of snipers and supporters used to spit on players going down the race. what’s turn around in culture.

carlton players are like bank the cheque and network with Juddy and the board for juicy business opportunities post-football.

i’m not convinced an ex-CEO of one of the big four neoliberal consulting firms is good for culture. those places burn graduates in the furnace just to reduce their energy bills. Peggy gets culture doesn’t just talk the fake empathy bs like our PM. having said that i don’t think sayers is a sociopath (or worse) like our PM clearly is.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:23 pm 
John James

Walsh wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
I'm just waiting now for Pickering to blame our 'peaheart midfield' so all can finally be revealed.

Midfield is undoubtedly peahearted and needs to be nuked and start again.

If Pickers does suggest such a thing just makes him very intelligent.

?!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:24 pm 
John James

bluehammer wrote:
I'm disappointed. By hanging shit on the club and captain, Pickering has strayed heavily into our domain.

patrol that borderline, soldier.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:37 pm 
formerly King Kenny

bender wrote:
Mil Hanna wrote:
GWS wrote:
I loved Teague as a player as he always got the most out of himself.

And I was pleased when we went with him as a coach as he seemed to have the players on board and playing with a freedom we hadn’t seen in years.

But the last couple of years he’s shown next to zero ability to adapt to any sort of changes and his game day coaching is appalling with barely a move ever made in order to regain momentum in a game when it’s turned against us. And the lack of defensive system compared to 17 other clubs is so glaring it’s ridiculous.

I could cop the above if I could see some capacity to own the issues and a willingness to adapt but it’s just not there.

Add to that his public statements of the last few weeks and his manager’s bullshit and I’m actually glad to see the end of him.

Thanks for your efforts David but we need to move on.

Yep, absolutely spot on GWS :thumbsup:

Nice guy, who started well, but has clearly shown this year that he is not up to it tactically. "Teague's gift" was always my biggest issue with his coaching and he seemed to be completely clueless (or stubborn?) of how to address it.

His behaviour over the past few weeks just wreaks of someone who can't take criticism well and sooks it up. We need someone who is willing to learn from their mistakes and realise when they are getting it wrong.

Thanks for your service David, but I am happy we can all now move on.

i wonder if the meetings with sayers and lidddle were to ascertain if he had anything new to offer, such as a defensive plan for the future, or what teague thought he could offer as a head coach moving forward, and when he couldnt provide satisfactory answers, then he was sacked.

i cant help but think sayers might have tried to give him another chance, but teague's stubborn plan of offence first and foremost was not going to change

Tipping he would’ve ran with the we’re close to breaking out line.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:42 pm 
formerly King Kenny

diesel95 wrote:
thryleon wrote:
Peggy O'Neil isn't even Australian and she understands footy clubs better than footballers do.

Look at Richmond. Went from basketcase to benchmark under her leadership.

If sayers can do that for us im all for it.

she’s done exceptionally well when you consider Richmond clubs were full of snipers and supporters used to spit on players going down the race. what’s turn around in culture.

carlton players are like bank the cheque and network with Juddy and the board for juicy business opportunities post-football.

i’m not convinced an ex-CEO of one of the big four neoliberal consulting firms is good for culture. those places burn graduates in the furnace just to reduce their energy bills. Peggy gets culture doesn’t just talk the fake empathy bs like our PM. having said that i don’t think sayers is a sociopath (or worse) like our PM clearly is.

A leopard doesn’t change its spots. Another year like this and watch them turn again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 266  Next