Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:29 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 266  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:46 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

deano35 wrote:
Juanita Jones wrote:
Any truth to the rumour that Choco Williams is coming on board to help Teague next year?

No way.
Wouldn’t touch him with a ten foot pole. He was sacked at GWS and Tigers for sticking his nose where it wasn't wanted.
A control freak who is lost if he isn't the Coach.
Was an amazing Coach BUT if he is put in a lesser role ie: Assistant or development then he can't cope and has way too much to say.
:thumbsup:

Could be a VFL coach though :wink:
(technically he is now, I think)

Go Blues

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:10 pm 
Geoff Southby

billc3 wrote:
deano35 wrote:
Juanita Jones wrote:
Any truth to the rumour that Choco Williams is coming on board to help Teague next year?

No way.
Wouldn’t touch him with a ten foot pole. He was sacked at GWS and Tigers for sticking his nose where it wasn't wanted.
Was an amazing Coach BUT if he is put in a lesser role ie: Assistant or development then he can't cope and has way too much to say.

Go Blues

Choco Williams hates Carlton...................Daniel Shiel was in the door until Choc got in his ear..............if our hierarchy are talking to him they have lost the plot...........got Liddle's fingerprints all over this...........Fantastic CEO but going the Greg Swann path.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:35 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mickstar wrote:
billc3 wrote:
deano35 wrote:
Juanita Jones wrote:

No way.

Go Blues

Choco Williams hates Carlton...................Daniel Shiel was in the door until Choc got in his ear..............if our hierarchy are talking to him they have lost the plot...........got Liddle's fingerprints all over this...........Fantastic CEO but going the Greg Swann path.

Nail on Head Mickstar.

Don't want another Carlton hater anywhere near Royal Parade let alone on the coaching panel.
Malthouse is still etched in my head.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:55 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Mickstar wrote:
billc3 wrote:
deano35 wrote:
Juanita Jones wrote:

No way.

Go Blues

I assume you mean Dylan?
Interesting as my mail that he was Blues bound was good.... (long story), so was as surprised as anyone!
Choco you say?
Anyway, my post was about keeping him at a VFL level, but that may not work by the sounds of it

Go Blues!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:58 pm 
John Nicholls

Mickstar wrote:

Greg Swann? The guy who got a premiership at Collingwood and turned Brisbane from a basket case into a Prelim this year (at least)?

Geez. I sure hope Liddle doesn't follow in his footsteps........... :screwy:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:54 pm 
Geoff Southby

robertbb wrote:
Mickstar wrote:

Greg Swann? The guy who got a premiership at Collingwood and turned Brisbane from a basket case into a Prelim this year (at least)?

Reckon CEO's should stick to the front office myself.....................Pies were happy to be rid of him.We learnt the hard way.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:54 am 
Harry Vallence

robertbb wrote:
Mickstar wrote:

I would say that Fagan has been the one that has turned the place around and would have told Swann to stick to his job and keep out of the FD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:38 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mickstar wrote:
robertbb wrote:
Mickstar wrote:

Reckon CEO's should stick to the front office myself.....................Pies were happy to be rid of him.We learnt the hard way.

Exactly.

Fagan is the reason for Lions rise. The Academy helps. He had a great relationship with Hodgey, who got Neale interested, and possibly others, and the rest is history.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:16 pm 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
robertbb wrote:
Mickstar wrote:

Exactly.

Fagan is the reason for Lions rise. The Academy helps. He had a great relationship with Hodgey, who got Neale interested, and possibly others, and the rest is history.

Who do you think brought Fagan to the club?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:17 pm 
Geoff Southby

cecil89 wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
robertbb wrote:
Mickstar wrote:

Exactly.

Who do you think brought Fagan to the club?

Leigh Mathews.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:54 pm 
John Nicholls

I dunno. It was just an observation that Swann's been pretty successful to date as a CEO. I get that sometimes the fit isn't right, but I do believe it was every bit as much "us" as it was "him".

When you look at the other people we had in exec roles at the club around his time...... flower Elon Musk couldn't have done much.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:47 pm 
Banned

Swann was woeful for Carlton where does one begin... sticking his nose on football matters. At the end of 2010 season Ratts and coaches wanted to recruit ready made talls after finishing in the eight and Swann vetoed him and went to the draft and bought in Watson, McCarthy and Mitchell. In 2011 we finished fifth and lost semi final due to missing talls in Kreuzer, Jamison and Waite. In 2012 after one of the clubs worst injury crisis and lack of quality back up Ratts was sacked and hired Malthouse. So under Swann on football matters things gone from bad to worse. The reason the club has been in this predicament past 10 years rests on Greg Fkn Swann.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:12 pm 
Bert Deacon

anyone read about craig mcgraig assistant coach at tigers going to hawthorn ,hope we at least tried to get him across

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:16 pm 
Bruce Doull

I have a horrible feeling that the status quo will continue.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:09 pm 
Ken Hunter

Walsh wrote:
Swann was woeful for Carlton where does one begin... sticking his nose on football matters. At the end of 2010 season Ratts and coaches wanted to recruit ready made talls after finishing in the eight and Swann vetoed him and went to the draft and bought in Watson, McCarthy and Mitchell. In 2011 we finished fifth and lost semi final due to missing talls in Kreuzer, Jamison and Waite. In 2012 after one of the clubs worst injury crisis and lack of quality back up Ratts was sacked and hired Malthouse. So under Swann on football matters things gone from bad to worse. The reason the club has been in this predicament past 10 years rests on Greg Fkn Swann.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:30 pm 
Geoff Southby

Voss rumours at norf. What about mentor for us?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:56 pm 
Geoff Southby

Teddy Hopkins wrote:
Voss rumours at norf. What about mentor for us?

If Teague needs a mentor,he aint the man for the job................he's either a swimmer or a sinker.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:20 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Donstuie wrote:
I have a horrible feeling that the status quo will continue.

What do you mean by this?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:59 am 
Bruce Doull

That we'll probably go into next year with the same coaching structure

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:10 am 
John Nicholls

Problem isn't Teague. It's Barker. I reckon Andy McKay gave Barker the same nude photos of whichever board member it was that kept him at the club, too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 266  Next