Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:26 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 266  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:25 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

CK95 wrote:
Nice to see Wallsy put the acid on us & not our opposition for a change

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

Carlton needs an 8 goal game type Matthew Pavlich response.

:razz:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:43 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

CK95 wrote:
Nice to see Wallsy put the acid on us & not our opposition for a change

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

Fair call

Very lame report, and Wallsy seems to be repeating the snippets he's heard in the media.

Nothing new, and a bit rough on Teaguey after coaching 28 games, suggesting he's coached for 3 years...get your facts right Wallsy.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:46 am 
Banned

I don't mind a bit of acid thrown at us for the right reasons.
Teaguey is a level headed bloke - no cliches no BS type coach.
We definitely need to improve by 3-4 games from last year - 10-11 wins would be bare minimum expectation. Everyone knows that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:50 pm 
Geoff Southby

Walsh wrote:
I don't mind a bit of acid thrown at us for the right reasons.
Teaguey is a level headed bloke - no cliches no BS type coach.
We definitely need to improve by 3-4 games from last year - 10-11 wins would be bare minimum expectation. Everyone knows that.

Yep ! no big deal. Stating the obvious really.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:41 pm 
Ken Hunter

Even so, if we sack Teague for only winning 9-12 games and missing finals, then we deserve another 25 years of pain. If we go backwards, sure, I'll grab my pitchfork, but let's not lay down ultimatums just yet.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:15 pm 
Rod Ashman

Hopefully DT is keeping an eye on this thread :smoking:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:53 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

GreatEx wrote:
Even so, if we sack Teague for only winning 9-12 games and missing finals, then we deserve another 25 years of pain. If we go backwards, sure, I'll grab my pitchfork, but let's not lay down ultimatums just yet.

Well said.

Injuries can derail the season....and lots of other things I don't care to mention in case I jinx them.

Injury list is the worst in the AFL at this minute with now less than 2 weeks before round 1.

Following tonight it's obvious we need to blow out the cobwebs and focus on getting our fitness right, instead some players will be in cotton wool nursing their injuries. That's not good. Bloody good hit out though vs saints tonight following a tough no holds bared preseason.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:12 am 
Stephen Kernahan

I'm going off this bloke quickly.
I like the way we play and l expect us to improve but his comments about the Zac Williams incident are @#$%&! amateur hour. "it didn't look great"
Is he working for Steve Hocking, our next opponent or the Carlton Football Club?
What do you think Clarko or Hardwick would have said? "The opponent got straight back up, played the game out, it's a physical game, blah blah blah"
Give me a @#$%&! break.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:03 am 
Ken Hunter

Damn - he didn't say that did he? FMD.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:20 am 
Bruce Doull

Blue Vain wrote:
I like the way we play and l expect us to improve but his comments about the Zac Williams incident are @#$%&! amateur hour. "it didn't look great"
Is he working for Steve Hocking, our next opponent or the Carlton Football Club?
What do you think Clarko or Hardwick would have said? "The opponent got straight back up, played the game out, it's a physical game, blah blah blah"
Give me a @#$%&! break.

Was disappointed to see that.
"Didn't think there was much in it" would've been enough.

In contrast, Samo caught an elbow to the head from a Higgins shepherd later in the match, but didn't go to ground so the umpires and commentators completely ignored it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:03 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
Give me a @#$%&! break.

Teague is a dim wit saying that. Never heard a coach say something so dumb and daamning.
Leave the stupidity to tHE mICHAEL cHRISTIANS of the AFL.

Mr goody two shoes. Sickened me

I wouldnt want to hear too much more of that sort of talk from Teague or I will vote for him to go somewhere else where they appreciate that sort of talk about their OWN players.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:17 pm 
John Nicholls

Ummmmmmm... he said the "view on his phone wasn't great"... not that the incident itself wasn't great :donk:

He also seemed to play it down in the way he said everyone was talking about it.

Not as bad as made out to be in the posts above.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:20 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

robertbb wrote:
Ummmmmmm... he said the "view on his phone wasn't great"... not that the incident itself wasn't great :donk:

He also seemed to play it down in the way he said everyone was talking about it.

Good to hear :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:10 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

robertbb wrote:

His response was "I briefly looked at it on the phone and to be honest the view wasn't great, so I'm not exactly sure." I thought he was talking about the incident, not his phone. Apologies to Teague if that's the case. I've obviously misheard the statement.

He also said ""Everyone's talking about it, so there must be something to worry about," You think that's "playing it down"?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:24 pm 
John Nicholls

I thought his tone and emphasis on "everyone's talking about it" was a bit sarcastic.... he got a laugh from ppl in the room :)

RE: the phone thing, I can see how you interpreted it that way. I took it to mean the phone view was a bit small and couldn't see much.

Despite the anti-Carlton bias at the tribunal I do think Williams will maybe cop a small fine but as the other bloke got up and played the game out I don't think he'll miss round 1.

Edit: The AFL wants a spectacle... first game back in Melb... a blowout Tigers' way wouldn't be a good result. These things will influence their decision as well, especially considering our stocks are a quite depleted already and will already go in massive underdogs.

Last edited by robertbb on Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:26 pm 
Geoff Southby

robertbb wrote:

That was my take on it too. The “it wasn’t great” comment was about the camera angle of the replay.

He was generally dismissive of the whole incident. He was clearly trying to not give the story oxygen.

That’s how I understood it anyway.

Whether that was the right approach or whether he should have addressed the incident is debatable. Either way, I really don’t think anything a coach says will change the MRP’s view.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:27 pm 
Ken Hunter

3 weeks massive fine

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:34 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

dannyboy wrote:
3 weeks massive fine

And draft picks?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:48 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

jezzarules wrote:
dannyboy wrote:
3 weeks massive fine

And draft picks?

Deregistration seems fair.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:02 pm 
Robert Walls

dannyboy wrote:
3 weeks massive fine

$5000 pw for 3 weeks??

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 266  Next