Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:39 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 262, 263, 264, 265, 266
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:01 pm 
Harry Vallence

Cazzesman wrote:
Bluey44 wrote:
Also - what the hell was Liam Pickering thinking?

Did he really think that would be helpful as a negotiation tactic?

What are clubs and footy managers going to think of tactics like that?

Just moronic and childish

I think if you look up the word narcissistic In the dictionary you might find a picture of Pickering.

Regards Cazzesman

Apparently the moron Pickering has his media hat on when he made those comments !!

Thankfully him and tegaue are gone and we don’t have to hear how he is victim and those ridiculous press conferences

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:01 pm 
Geoff Southby

Bluey44 wrote:
As a coach, I think we all agree he was mediocre with potentially some upside.

When he got the job and had tears at the press conference I remember thinking wowee he's a decent human being and such a breath of fresh air but with that observation came the reservation about whether an open and caring guy that I assumed he was, could get the best out of people. I thought to myself at the time he will most likely enable people to be mediocre cos he is too empathetic and soft. A shoulder to cry on instead of an inspiration. Maybe this was a factor, maybe it wasn't but its the conclusion I have jumped to anyway. I would have liked to see him have one more year but whatever I just roll with the punches these days and I'm hopeful that something clicks at my club and we get a bit of luck one day.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:06 pm 
Rod Ashman

Yes that's one recruit I would trade our first round pick any year for. LUCK.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:08 pm 
Bruce Doull

If we get Lyon there won't be any issues with that. An A grade a-hole according to a couple of mates who've worked for him over the years.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:21 pm 
Geoff Southby

CK95 wrote:
If we get Lyon there won't be any issues with that. An A grade a-hole according to a couple of mates who've worked for him over the years.

As long as the A hole can get you on his side and under his spell. It's well documented that people with personality disorders and A holes become inspirational leaders.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:33 pm 
Ken Hunter

The Saints Leadership of Goddard, Riewoldt, Hayes and Montagna loved him because they were all like minded, driven individuals.

Leaders like Lyon have to have the right leadership group around him, to drive the message and standards home when the going gets tough.

He needs the Leaders to step on the throats of the dissenters and sooks, that won't or can't get on the same page. Once the 1% gets a hook in as agitators all is quickly lost. Good leaders are those that can quickly determine if an issue is disgruntled Agitation or a Legitimate problem in the racks.

I am sure Lyon has mellowed a tad, but I suspect if you want to butt heads with him, you better have a rock solid argument.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:13 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

tap in 79 wrote:
sinbagger wrote:

Except there no proof of any sexual abuse here, it’s all rumour and innuendo. An inappropriate remark is just that, it’s not sexual abuse. If we can’t count on anyone learning from their mistakes and becoming a better person we may as well re introduce the death penalty, because that’s what you seem to be asking for.

Wokeness is where high and mighty people get to sit on their wokeness altar and lecture to the small people.

The people doing all the lecturing are probably the biggest sexual deviants of them all.

I have no idea what Lyon did (it is confidential) but if board members and media identities want to fully investigate everything Lyon has done in his life it is only fair that we look into their past history as well.

I would like an investigative journalist to look into the past deeds of every board member and provide a thorough analysis going back 30 years. Every comment, every attitude, every move. It is only fair.

It should be a level playing field.

Wokeness ends up with hypocrisy

https://www.newsweek.com/mark-cubans-co ... on-1539881[/quote]

Well put tap.

I was wrong to take a quote from warners book, The Boys Club to explain what happened to another poster.

It was an inappropriate remark...which I've been guilty of in corporate land...lucky to get away with it several times with a tap on the wrist....but I learned from it, and am a better Carlton supporter for it. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:57 pm 
Robert Walls

Assistant coach at Richmond next season.

Glad he's landed on his feet.

Heading over to Punt Rd End to find Walsh and all his wisdom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:12 pm 
Garry Crane

bluebo baggers wrote:
Assistant coach at Richmond next year

Hopefully as defensive coach Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:33 pm 
Robert Walls

That's not funny, Blue Steel.

(but it is a little bit :grin:)

Hopefully Teague has a sense of humour and a thick skin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 262, 263, 264, 265, 266