Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:01 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 266  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:20 pm 
Craig Bradley

The first 3 quarters last night were the most professional display I've seen from a Carlton team in a long time.

Well coached and equally well executed by the players... just need to work on adapting to opposition structures/gameplan changes during a game.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:30 pm 
John James

Handles himself so well in the press conferences. Clear, calm and articulate.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:41 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
dannyboy wrote:
this week he got them to come out ready to play.

or maybe they showed some professionalism and got themselves ready

or both.

Players and coaches have a responsibility to perform and be in the right mindset.

Obviously the slow starts were addressed, and taking Murphy out of the midfield contest and have his good foot skills on the outside.eg first goal of the game.
The players were motivated.Murphy laid an important tackle and another good attempt that slowed them down.

Geelong do play unaccountable footy, and don't tag like other teams do.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:57 pm 
John James

Hornet wrote:
The first 3 quarters last night were the most professional display I've seen from a Carlton team in a long time.

Well coached and equally well executed by the players... just need to work on adapting to opposition structures/gameplan changes during a game.

+1. I was most impressed with how well our forwardline functioned. The space we seemed to create and the amount of marks inside 50 and on leads was beautiful to watch.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:21 am 
Rod Ashman

Effes wrote:
cecil89 wrote:
ferdinand wrote:
So I guess this week he can coach?

I’ll withhold judgement until I know what Colourman has told the CEO to think.

Still think Colourman's comments re midfield are valid. Besides standout #1 pick Walsh what other mids drafted by Silvagni have gone on to become very good players? Lots of question marks over the young mids, and still an overreliance on Cripps.

Pretty much Cripps or bust.

Was intended to be relatively tongue in cheek re the direct line to the CEO rather than disputing his points. Having said that SOS has targeted some mids; SPS, Setterfield, Fisher, Dow. Whether he’s picked the right ones is the debate I suppose.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:19 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Brently8 wrote:
Hornet wrote:

+1. I was most impressed with how well our forwardline functioned. The space we seemed to create and the amount of marks inside 50 and on leads was beautiful to watch.

Yep.
Super well organised.
I wonder if all those instructions Eddie was giving positioning players had anything to do with it?
It was great to watch and didn't allow Taylor the luxury of sweeping across the back fifty like he usually does.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:34 am 
John Nicholls

Blue Sombrero wrote:
Super well organised.
I wonder if all those instructions Eddie was giving positioning players had anything to do with it?

Astute pickup. Eddie in the side, forward line plays as a unit and all of a sudden we're connecting. Hope the young-uns are paying attention.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:14 am 
Ken Hunter

Yep I agree BS, - our forward line apart from Casboult is not experienced. Eddie brings experience and leadership.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:30 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Looking at the 6 good qtrs of footy from the last 2 games I reckon our focus on skills and ball work at training is paying off.

Quite a few players are looking more confident and natural with their disposal and decision making.

Good coaching.

Now just continue to prepare the minds ready to play from the first bounce. Can't afford not to with these shortened games.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:30 pm 
John James

dannyboy wrote:
Yep I agree BS, - our forward line apart from Casboult is not experienced. Eddie brings experience and leadership.

Couldn't agree more BS and Danny.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:33 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Brently8 wrote:
dannyboy wrote:

Couldn't agree more BS and Danny.

Jeez!
After only 18,000+ posts, I have two people agreeing with me!
I've finally arrived.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:45 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Levi is almost our best player right now. Just behind Cripps. I reckon throwing him in different positions like CHB and Ruck might have been a good decision. Clunking marks down back might have given him confidence. A bit like how Kouta found himself when played at CHB for a period. At the end of the day he has thrived under DT.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:13 am 
Rod Ashman

has gone ok so far...

7 wins and 7 losses in his first 14 games

fair to say we've been in with a chance to win in most of the games we lost as well

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:15 am 
Ken Hunter

doofdoof wrote:
has gone ok so far...

7 wins and 7 losses in his first 14 games

fair to say we've been in with a chance to win in most of the games we lost as well

Looking forward to the wins smashig the loss column from now on in. It's our time.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:43 pm 
Geoff Southby

robertbb wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
Super well organised.

Astute pickup. Eddie in the side, forward line plays as a unit and all of a sudden we're connecting. Hope the young-uns are paying attention.

Cats play are a great team defence backline but are shit when you isolate them.Reckon Eddie barking instructions was as much about disrupting Geelong's team defence as it was about organising our forward line..........Cats aint much chop one on one.Seperate 'em and they are a rabble as they were for the first three quarters.............reckon you boys are onto it,Eddie masterminded it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:13 pm 
Craig Bradley

Last 2 games has got them up and firing from the start credit is due to him after being critical of him in the first 2 games
Certainly got a good way about him was impressed with the way he went up to young Philip at quarter time to talk to him and encourage after he made a couple of mistakes

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:13 am 
John James

Cool as a cucumber.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:50 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Well, Martin last week and Cunners this week have rewarded Teague and Barker for their faith in putting them in the heat of play.

The old heads in Murphy, Levi and Eddie and not so old heads Doc and Crippa have been good hands in support.

I'm sure Ratts will no doubt have his sainters ask a few questions of our tacticians next week.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:14 am 
Harry Vallence

Out coached the Worsfold / rutten combo completely on sat night.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:05 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

sticksaftersiren87 wrote:
Out coached the Worsfold / rutten combo completely on sat night.
Even after the SOS injury...
For a few minutes, we were kicking in the air to Hurley. Changed pretty quickly... Previous years it would have taken us a half to change a strategy like that.

Go Blues

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 266  Next