Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:21 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 266  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:07 pm 
Bruce Doull

Hear, hear. Thanks 79v.

:beer:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:40 pm 
Bruce Doull

Yep - some good stuff there :thumbsup:

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:20 am 
Harry Vallence

Thanks, 79. Great contribution, much appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:27 pm 
Robert Walls

Interesting comments from Teague from about the 1m25s mark about the game plan.

https://m.carltonfc.com.au/news/2019-10 ... the-future

No set game plan from day one of preseason, wanted to work on the fundamentals first and let it evolve from that with player buy in and watching the training sessions to understand the strengths of the playing group.

Yep don’t mind the fundamentals first approach, just hope he has the right players and coaching staff to back up the game plan evolution through the preseason.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:46 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

toddkurnski wrote:
Interesting comments from Teague from about the 1m25s mark about the game plan.

https://m.carltonfc.com.au/news/2019-10 ... the-future

No set game plan from day one of preseason, wanted to work on the fundamentals first and let it evolve from that with player buy in and watching the training sessions to understand the strengths of the playing group.

Yep don’t mind the fundamentals first approach, just hope he has the right players and coaching staff to back up the game plan evolution through the preseason.

I think that could be described as 'de-cluttering'.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:09 pm 
Bruce Doull

Turning the tables: Coach impresses prospective draftees

Quote:
CARLTON senior coach David Teague has impressed some of the country’s brightest draft prospects.

With the 2019 NAB AFL Draft fast-approaching, Teague joined the process with Carlton’s recruiting staff in getting to know the prospective talent ahead of his first full season at the helm.

In most situations, it’s whether or not the impending draftee can impress the club they’re interviewing with.

However, in this instance, it was Teague who impressed top South Australian prospects Dylan Stephens and Cameron Taheny.

“The amount interest David Teague took in the interview – he asked the majority of the questions – it was really, really good,” Stephens told Superfooty’s Lowdown Podcast.

Stephens was pleasantly surprised with how open Carlton’s Senior Coach had been with him during his national combine meeting.

“He was open to talking about his experience of going from a caretaker to being appointed head coach,” he said.

“He was someone who was really, really good to talk to. I loved that interview.”

Teague has become known for his relationships-based coaching style in his short tenure as Senior Coach, as well as his time in various assistant coaching roles.

For Norwood young gun Cameron Taheny, having an AFL senior coach show such an interest in his career was “quite an experience”.

“David Teague pretty well ran the whole interview process at the combine,” Taheny said.

“You don’t expect to walk into an interview and have the head coach of a club fire away questions at you for 20 minutes.”

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:16 pm 
Rod Ashman

If Stephens is a Carlton fan, he’s saying the right things to get drafted by his club of choice.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:17 pm 
Bruce Doull

Toot toot!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:13 am 
Stephen Silvagni

A couple of weeks out from r1 and you’d hope he’d have the team at least playing ‘decent ‘football in preparation.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:52 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Lets' wait until he actually puts his team on the park instead of a bunch of kids.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:53 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

There were more than a couple of players who didn't have their head in the game. That's on Teague as the senior coach, imo.

Yes we had a young team in - but I'm more interested in the attitude and approach moreso than the scoreboard in these preparation games.

We're a couple of weeks out from r1 and I don't want another slow start to the season proper.

Teague's got to get the whole list to buy in starting next week.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:04 pm 
Rod Ashman

My view hasn't changed since the end of last year, yes the last ten games or so was exciting, fantastic to see supporters up and about.

We are popular on social media, in the papers etc, I just think that many supporters just automatically think that its all going to click this year - our membership numbers support this. I love the excitement however we are coming from such a poor base that we still have a long way to go. Close to if not the weakest midfield.

Good luck Teague, watch the supporters turn if this goes pear shape. Seriously some supporters are expecting finals, id take 6 to 8 wins.

Hope I'm wrong and we do better.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:05 pm 
Rod Ashman

My view hasn't changed since the end of last year, yes the last ten games or so was exciting, fantastic to see supporters up and about.

We are popular on social media, in the papers etc, I just think that many supporters just automatically think that its all going to click this year - our membership numbers support this. I love the excitement however we are coming from such a poor base that we still have a long way to go. Close to if not the weakest midfield.

Good luck Teague, watch the supporters turn if this goes pear shape. Seriously some supporters are expecting finals, id take 6 to 8 wins.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:01 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Blue4ever wrote:

We had 6-8 last season. We have to go 7-9 at least if we are on the up.
We did lose several by less than 10 points as well.
I agree, though. Finals should NOT be an expectation but at the same time, a few calls our way and a couple of wins from the close games we missed last year and they might be a bonus.
This is very much a consolidation year with a climb from 16th to 12-14 IMHO.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:14 am 
formerly King Kenny

I read Richmond we’re flying on the track and had so much depth, yet they lost to a weaker Collingwood team than what was playing against us.

I take results with a grain of salt. Let’s see what Round 1 -5 delivers.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:45 am 
Bruce Comben

No excuses for Teague and the club now. The pressure is rising and this club needs to deliver in 2020

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:40 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

blues_clues wrote:
No excuses for Teague and the club now. The pressure is rising and this club needs to deliver in 2020

...not during the preseason, but certainly this footy season ... and "deliver" for me means knocking on the door of the 8, or 10 wins at the very least...unless the season is derailed by injury, and we are forced to play the team we had out there yesterday.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:51 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/57114 ... for-action

Reading between the lines dare I say the players were given a foot up the backside after the Freo praccy match.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:17 pm 
Bob Chitty

Rexy wrote:
https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/571142/cripps-time-for-action

Reading between the lines dare I say the players were given a foot up the backside after the Freo praccy match.

yes, but im afraid, having witnesses many false dawns that talk is cheap ...

its all about the actions..

(having said that, im not losing my mind over a practise match either)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:21 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

ScottSaunders2 wrote:
Rexy wrote:
https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/571142/cripps-time-for-action

yes, but im afraid, having witnesses many false dawns that talk is cheap ...

its all about the actions..

(having said that, im not losing my mind over a practise match either)

I think Rexy is right.

I don't see this as a false dawn. I read this as the newbies reality they wont be gifted games coz there's no more excuses.

With the addition of seasoned players Betts Martin and Newnes (and maybe Webb or Moore), along with the return to the team after a 2 year lay off from Docherty and Williamson....then there's the eagerness of new draftee Philp ... and the next lot of additions for 2021, which includes Kemp...there's something to play for this year, and its called a chance to play AFL, or not. Pressure for spots.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 266  Next