Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:13 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 266  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:18 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

AIRCAV wrote:
I'm glad others are confident, because I'm feeling nervous. Nervous because to date, I've not seen much to indicate that our many problems have been either fixed, or even partially dealt with. We still look susceptible to sides getting run ons and our disposal is still below par.

I watched the Doggies yesterday and whilst it was only one game, I think we are miles from their level of intenisty and effort.

Lets hope our pre-season perfromance is like those of the 80's . . .

I felt the same.

But you can only play as the the opposition allows you to

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:03 pm 
Bob Chitty

Watched a bit of the new afl documentary over the weekend and was really impressed with Adam Simpson. Absolutely no surprises he’s a premiership coach. Called a spade a spade behind closed doors with the players. If the performance was bad, he did not mince his words. Made it clear that there is a set of expectations when you put on the jumper and non-compliance won’t be accepted. Hope DT is doing the same internally, otherwise we’ll continue to struggle to get over the more professional outfits over the course of a 22 game season (West Coast, Richmond, Geelong etc)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:00 pm 
Harry Vallence

david31 wrote:
Watched a bit of the new afl documentary over the weekend and was really impressed with Adam Simpson. Absolutely no surprises he’s a premiership coach. Called a spade a spade behind closed doors with the players. If the performance was bad, he did not mince his words. Made it clear that there is a set of expectations when you put on the jumper and non-compliance won’t be accepted. Hope DT is doing the same internally, otherwise we’ll continue to struggle to get over the more professional outfits over the course of a 22 game season (West Coast, Richmond, Geelong etc)
Its a good watch! I have a lot of respect for all the coaches shown on it. The F word flows like water.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/afl-news-c ... 56ad278ed0

Saw this while slacking off at work.

The Clarkson to Carlton rumour has a little smoke, its been smouldering for a while.

Personally, I am happy with Teague, he needs to be given some time to see what he can produce.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:20 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

GMCbris wrote:
david31 wrote:
Its a good watch! I have a lot of respect for all the coaches shown on it. The F word flows like water.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/afl-news-c ... 56ad278ed0

Saw this while slacking off at work.

The Clarkson to Carlton rumour has a little smoke, its been smouldering for a while.

Personally, I am happy with Teague, he needs to be given some time to see what he can produce.

Caroline just looking for a headline she can bring up when she needs a news story for the next 2 years.

Rumouir monger.

She's a disgrace for the game and for that show...I can't watch it.
Worst footy show ever. Glad Juddy got out of that cage with Craig and co.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:34 am 
Banned

Teague has coached 28 games with a 50% win record and shit is being thrown at him from all angles. I hope the club stays strong and not follow trial by media diatribe when we sacked Ratts.

I hope we have learnt from our mistakes by now.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:04 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

What has changed?

Riley Beveridge
@RileyBev
·
2m
Tonight was the 20th time in 30 games under David Teague that Carlton has conceded a 30-point run within a match. @AFLcomau

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:35 pm 
Rod Ashman

Can’t wait till Clarko starts. It went so well with Pagan and Malthouse, we just need another messiah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:12 pm 
Geoff Southby

Walsh wrote:
Teague has coached 28 games with a 50% win record and shit is being thrown at him from all angles. I hope the club stays strong and not follow trial by media diatribe when we sacked Ratts.

I hope we have learnt from our mistakes by now.

Well it was 50-50, but counting last year we have now lost 6 of our last 7, and 4 in a row.

Not saying we should be sacking him, but we’d want to start turning it around.

We wouldn’t want the recent trend to continue much longer.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:38 am 
Harry Vallence

Saints , tigers and pies ( yes pies who never kick a lot of goals ) have all scored above 100 against us

And they done it easily !!

Great coaching staff and great tactics to not work out a plan to free up Saad to run , like the cheats and Gold Coast !!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:03 am 
Harry Vallence

How many premiership winning teams over the last decade have had co captains?
How many grand finalists have had co captains? Not many if any at all.
Because it simply doesn't work. Co captains are what you go to when your not sure of yourself. We play like we are not sure of ourselves.

Teague should do himself a favour. Pick one captain and hope that guy stands in the front of the huddle buying into his message (not hanging off the back like Crippa every time) and leading by example. it is of concern that our co captains are both so far out of form.
He could also build some bloody trust within the group by picking guys on merit. Oscar almost changed the game last week in our favour. Levi was well short of a run.
So why not pick a guy who obviously busted a gut in the pre season to get on the list and who took his opportunity last week? Why go with a guy who is clearly in need of a run or three in the reserves? It has been hinted at by some including our former recruiting manager that Teague is gifting games to favorite's. That cannot be helping his cause within the playing group. He should grow some balls and make the decisions that need to be made if he wants to remain as an afl coach.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:06 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

azzablue wrote:
Saints , tigers and pies ( yes pies who never kick a lot of goals ) have all scored above 100 against us

And they done it easily !!

Great coaching staff and great tactics to not work out a plan to free up Saad to run , like the cheats and Gold Coast !!

We need a game plan that works offensively and defensively, not a theory of a plan, and living in hope the players will work hard for a win, when they don't.

Wake up Teague, you are playing too many conditional players for your well laid out theories to work. Get rid of them!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:08 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

daggs001 wrote:
How many premiership winning teams over the last decade have had co captains?
How many grand finalists have had co captains? Not many if any at all.
Because it simply doesn't work. Co captains are what you go to when your not sure of yourself. We play like we are not sure of ourselves.

Teague should do himself a favour. Pick one captain and hope that guy stands in the front of the huddle buying into his message (not hanging off the back like Crippa every time) and leading by example. it is of concern that our co captains are both so far out of form.
He could also build some bloody trust within the group by picking guys on merit. Oscar almost changed the game last week in our favour. Levi was well short of a run.
So why not pick a guy who obviously busted a gut in the pre season to get on the list and who took his opportunity last week? Why go with a guy who is clearly in need of a run or three in the reserves? It has been hinted at by some including our former recruiting manager that Teague is gifting games to favorite's. That cannot be helping his cause within the playing group. He should grow some balls and make the decisions that need to be made if he wants to remain as an afl coach.

:thumbsup:

Hit nail on Head

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:14 am 
Banned

Game plan needs to be tighter. We consistently get torn up in the corridor on the turn over.

When we turn the ball over the press is too aggressive even to land a tackle as opposition run in waves.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:30 am 
Bob Chitty

Walsh wrote:
Game plan needs to be tighter. We consistently get torn up in the corridor on the turn over.

When we turn the ball over the press is too aggressive even to land a tackle as opposition run in waves.

Agreed.

If you squeeze up the ground to defend (which is an ok tactic in itself), you need to put on significant pressure so that the opposition is forced to hack the ball out of their defensive 50 to our wall of defenders who can pick it off and get it back in. If you don’t put pressure and you allow easy handball chains and outlet kicks, then you can easily be opened up as the opposition has half the ground free to work into. This is why I can’t understand Teague picking conditional players that won’t tackle and pressure.

Scores against have been a problem since Teague took over and he hasn’t done anything about it. Either tweak the game plan so we can defend a fast break or pick players that will actually put on enough pressure to allow us to play the current style. Teague and the coaching staff are doing neither and it’s not good enough

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:41 am 
Craig Bradley

Over to you David. You've invited the pressure, the scrutiny through the results of the first two games. More of the same ain't going to work. What are you going to do about it?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:31 am 
Laurie Kerr

Teague's stated game plan is a forward press. He wants to get quick entries and lock it in our forward line.

We have managed to execute that for 15 minutes in the 3rd quarter last night, otherwise our forward pressure has been virtually non-existent.

Is it a poor plan or do we just not have the cattle to make it work?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:07 am 
Bruce Doull

We’ve had our fair share of poor coaches over the years.

I think this one takes the cake.

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:21 am 
Bruce Doull

peabody wrote:
Teague's stated game plan is a forward press.

Is that sustainable, with the new rules?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:29 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

CK95 wrote:
peabody wrote:
Teague's stated game plan is a forward press.

Is that sustainable, with the new rules?

I don't think it is. I think it is an outdated strategy.
Also, for it to work everyone needs to apply manic pressure on the opposition. We have too many in our front half who don't.
Levi isn't good in that regard. H picks and chooses and usually chooses not to. Murph I think tries but just isn't good at it.
We bring Gov back in and he is quite lazy too.
The gameplan is not only outdated, but I don't believe is suited to the players we put out there either.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:16 pm 
Bruce Doull

Yep, & you also need return on your investment with the forward press. Very labour intensive & the end result is we win the 3rd qtr by 10 points or something, leaving us out of puff for the 4th.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 266  Next