Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:51 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 262, 263, 264, 265, 266  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:34 am 
Harry Vallence

diesel95 wrote:
azzablue wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Rod Waddell wrote:
diesel95 wrote:
Here's a snapshot of why this maggot has no class and no style. If drip lyon get's to be our coach, I stop caring.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/subscribe/ ... de=premium

I don't have access to The Filth website and it's pay-walled crap. But the caption and image say it all.

Why he's only stating the bleeding obvious.

Did Teague have any class and style when Bolton was under the gun? What did he and his fellow assistants do to help Bolton out of his jam? What fantastic game plan did they throw up? What extra work did they do to help develop the players?

Teague walked on Bolton's carcass as he accepted the interim job. He was no better a coach than what Bolton may have been. Bolton played the kids rightly or wrongly as instructed. A lot of the heavy lifting was done and in return plenty of Bolton undermining towards the end of his tenure.

All's fair in love and war.

Fallacy - it was the players that wanted Bolton out.

Nothing to do with Teague.

You really do believe what you want to do believe,,

it was on field performance the lost bolton the job.

teague lifted the team immediately. this year wasn’t great but it wasn’t a disaster until the board turned it into one. arrogance and good intentions pave the the way to hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It wasn’t a disaster ?? We lost to a pitiful pies in rd 2 and WC wafl team ,, just to name a couple of disasters ...
it was pitiful this year ,, and another year of our playing list exposed to losing mentality plus infighting and obesssion to look after certain players and shocking selection integrity...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:35 am 
Harry Vallence

The Normal One wrote:
Let’s not forget that Sayers stated it was Teague choice to wait until this week!

Something that has been missed by a lot of people and the media ....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:53 am 
Ken Hunter

aboynamedsue wrote:
I can’t see how Teague has been treated poorly. The club is absolutely entitled to review operations at any time. If his disposition is so delicate that he couldn’t cope with that, then perhaps that in itself is evidence that he is not cut out to be an AFL coach.

It’s a very very privileged position; there’s only 18 in Australia. He was given an opportunity, he tried hard but it didn’t work out.

The club has made an evidence based decision to replace him. The method & timing of it was appropriate and in the best interests of the club. The club’s best interests must always be paramount.

He gets paid out. We move on.

Thanks for your efforts David. All the best for the future :beer:

:thumbsup: Exactly what I think...apologies abns

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:05 am 
Craig Bradley

X2 agree good post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:58 am 
Wayne Johnston

diesel95 wrote:
Rod Waddell wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Rod Waddell wrote:
diesel95 wrote:
Here's a snapshot of why this maggot has no class and no style. If drip lyon get's to be our coach, I stop caring.

I don't have access to The Filth website and it's pay-walled crap. But the caption and image say it all.

Why he's only stating the bleeding obvious.

Did Teague have any class and style when Bolton was under the gun? What did he and his fellow assistants do to help Bolton out of his jam? What fantastic game plan did they throw up? What extra work did they do to help develop the players?

Teague walked on Bolton's carcass as he accepted the interim job. He was no better a coach than what Bolton may have been. Bolton played the kids rightly or wrongly as instructed. A lot of the heavy lifting was done and in return plenty of Bolton undermining towards the end of his tenure.

All's fair in love and war.

Fallacy - it was the players that wanted Bolton out.

Nothing to do with Teague.

Much the same way they pretty much want him out now.

better tell our top ten players who are “livid” according to media (who aren’t always reliable of course), then.

Are Plowman and O’Brien in this top ten?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:58 am 
Wayne Johnston

diesel95 wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/carlton-blues/afl-news-2021-ross-lyon-vs-liam-pickering-carlton-coach-grubby-interview-david-teague-press-conference/news-story/0e244acda650c33f3c335ec85bef9775

For info.

Regards Cazzesman

dunno why you insist on using light yellow text colour but it’s untenable on iPhone TapTalk app with copy and pasting it into another app to change the text colour!

Just set your preferences to dark mode permanently.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:02 am 
Robert Walls

Cazzesman wrote:
diesel95 wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
diesel95 wrote:

Have a look at the names who wrote this garbage, who they work for, and their 2021 history....they make up stories, and if it involves Carlton, the more fabricated, the better for click bait.

Listen to what Lyon himself has to say on the commentary, not opinions of gutter journos.

my point was he put himself in fro t of the media to spruik himself, again. “oh sorry if i shouldn’t have appeared so mercenary on tv the other night but i’d just like to remind everyone that just because it two hours behind over here i’m not two hours late am i?”

if carlton wants you as coach Ross the Tosser, our board will beat a path to your door mate. and we know they’ve already called you several
times. no need to show us how low your IQ is again. no need to try and do anti-smug impersonations when we all know you’re smug and dumb.

“i’m not hear you make any sort of comments about Pickering because i don’t need to do that and i’m all class, but seeing as you happened to be on this oval in Cott the same time i was walking past and asked me this question, just allow me to pot Pickering and all mangers who have once been commentators because frankly i’m totally above making any further comment on this regrettable shit stain on my reputation. “

You don’t room with TC’s Walsh do you?

Any Agenda you want to get off your chest?

Regards Cazzesman

EFA...A for Annoyance

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:05 am 
Wayne Johnston

diesel95 wrote:
azzablue wrote:
jim wrote:
azzablue wrote:
jim wrote:
Still tells me they are waiting on an answer from Clarko. If Clarko says he wants a year off then Teague might fulfil his contract with alot more support around him. If they simply wanted to sacked Teague he would be gone already today as there's plenty of prospective coaches out there. That's what every other club does. They don't wait as they know if they want the coach or not. The fact they haven't tells me they me they are waiting on Clarko.

Not sure they'll follow up on Lyon as his sexual harassment issue at Freo does go against "Carlton Respects" policy.

Now that’s funny … the Ross Lyon thing is garbage

There are only 2 candidates for Carlton in 2022 , and there is no one else

Lyon or clarko ,,, if afl convince clarko to help the gc , it’s Lyon for us

It’s a no brainier …

Do your research. it wasn't garbage. How do you not know that? You new to football?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ross-l ... e00125bc89

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-11/ ... nt/9751052

It is funny but you're the butt of the joke this time. I know I'm laughing at you.

Maybe you need to read the boys club ...and how many in the afl where these has been cover up and pay outs

Look at the ch7 footy
Commentary team

So the joke is on you for being so naive... but good try ,, you did make me laugh

it doesn’t matter how many players, coaches, commentators have got away with sexual abuse. the buck stops when Carlton signs on to Carlton Respects, there’s a big movement behind that not just one afl club.

someone i know very well started the Respects brand while in Dept of Cabinet and Premier and when i told her about the rumours around Lyons she didn’t think it was a laughing matter. neither do it. of course he’s entitled to please his case for innocence, but i’m sure that happened at freo and he’s no longer there. hard to draw any other conclusion.

Except there no proof of any sexual abuse here, it’s all rumour and innuendo. An inappropriate remark is just that, it’s not sexual abuse. If we can’t count on anyone learning from their mistakes and becoming a better person we may as well re introduce the death penalty, because that’s what you seem to be asking for.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:21 am 
Ken Hunter

99prelim wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
diesel95 wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
diesel95 wrote:

Have a look at the names who wrote this garbage, who they work for, and their 2021 history....they make up stories, and if it involves Carlton, the more fabricated, the better for click bait.

Listen to what Lyon himself has to say on the commentary, not opinions of gutter journos.

my point was he put himself in fro t of the media to spruik himself, again. “oh sorry if i shouldn’t have appeared so mercenary on tv the other night but i’d just like to remind everyone that just because it two hours behind over here i’m not two hours late am i?”

if carlton wants you as coach Ross the Tosser, our board will beat a path to your door mate. and we know they’ve already called you several
times. no need to show us how low your IQ is again. no need to try and do anti-smug impersonations when we all know you’re smug and dumb.

“i’m not hear you make any sort of comments about Pickering because i don’t need to do that and i’m all class, but seeing as you happened to be on this oval in Cott the same time i was walking past and asked me this question, just allow me to pot Pickering and all mangers who have once been commentators because frankly i’m totally above making any further comment on this regrettable shit stain on my reputation. “

You don’t room with TC’s Walsh do you?

Any Agenda you want to get off your chest?

Regards Cazzesman

EFA...A for Annoyance

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:32 am 
Rod Ashman

sinbagger wrote:

Except there no proof of any sexual abuse here, it’s all rumour and innuendo. An inappropriate remark is just that, it’s not sexual abuse. If we can’t count on anyone learning from their mistakes and becoming a better person we may as well re introduce the death penalty, because that’s what you seem to be asking for.[/quote]

Wokeness is where high and mighty people get to sit on their wokeness altar and lecture to the small people.

The people doing all the lecturing are probably the biggest sexual deviants of them all.

I have no idea what Lyon did (it is confidential) but if board members and media identities want to fully investigate everything Lyon has done in his life it is only fair that we look into their past history as well.

I would like an investigative journalist to look into the past deeds of every board member and provide a thorough analysis going back 30 years. Every comment, every attitude, every move. It is only fair.

It should be a level playing field.

Wokeness ends up with hypocrisy

https://www.newsweek.com/mark-cubans-co ... on-1539881

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:59 pm 
John Nicholls

Well said Tap in 79!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:23 pm 
Geoff Southby

Media template when coach gets sacked. Certain players livid aka its just a feeling ala liberators, former assistants thought coach hard done by. Certain player doesn't like incoming coach. Skeletons brought up etc etc

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:59 pm 
Harry Vallence

tap in 79 wrote:
sinbagger wrote:

Except there no proof of any sexual abuse here, it’s all rumour and innuendo. An inappropriate remark is just that, it’s not sexual abuse. If we can’t count on anyone learning from their mistakes and becoming a better person we may as well re introduce the death penalty, because that’s what you seem to be asking for.

Wokeness is where high and mighty people get to sit on their wokeness altar and lecture to the small people.

The people doing all the lecturing are probably the biggest sexual deviants of them all.

I have no idea what Lyon did (it is confidential) but if board members and media identities want to fully investigate everything Lyon has done in his life it is only fair that we look into their past history as well.

I would like an investigative journalist to look into the past deeds of every board member and provide a thorough analysis going back 30 years. Every comment, every attitude, every move. It is only fair.

https://www.newsweek.com/mark-cubans-co ... on-1539881[/quote]

:clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:35 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/08/27/ ... fore-them/

You read this and you can see where they went wrong

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:59 pm 
Geoff Southby

tap in 79 wrote:
sinbagger wrote:

https://www.newsweek.com/mark-cubans-co ... on-1539881[/quote]

You want 'em to look at board members for the last 20 years ? shit no , that would be a horror movie . Faaarkin ' hell 79 , hypocrisy on steroids .

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:02 pm 
Ken Hunter

..good guy, fighting the good fight..

....never stood a chance in the AFL..

..all the very best, thank you for all your hard work..

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:06 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Jesus Christ - the AFL is the industry of the “second chance” - except of course where Carlton is concerned

:roll:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:26 pm 
Robert Walls

All the best David.

I remember the dark days, freezing my cahunas off at colonial stadium or telstra stadium or whatever it was called then - Teague was a shining light as a player in a dark dark time

As a coach, I think we all agree he was mediocre with potentially some upside.

They could have given him another year, but I'm not surprised they cut him loose. It's a tough business - i know our recent track record with coaches is not great, and we all want a coach that sticks... But I'm not gutted that they made the call. It happens.

What matters now is that they manage to run an effective process and get a good result - no vanity appointments from the new prez.

All the best David, hope he's a premiership assistant next year.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:29 pm 
Robert Walls

Also - what the hell was Liam Pickering thinking?

Did he really think that would be helpful as a negotiation tactic?

What are clubs and footy managers going to think of tactics like that?

Just moronic and childish

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:48 pm 
Ken Hunter

Bluey44 wrote:
Also - what the hell was Liam Pickering thinking?

Did he really think that would be helpful as a negotiation tactic?

What are clubs and footy managers going to think of tactics like that?

Just moronic and childish

I think if you look up the word narcissistic In the dictionary you might find a picture of Pickering.

Regards Cazzesman

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 262, 263, 264, 265, 266  Next