Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:48 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:45 am 
Offline
Bob Chitty

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:40 pm
Posts: 825
deano35 wrote:
How do you change a losing, soft culture.
Drop a 22 year old.
How Plowman, Murphy, Levi and Doc survive is exactly why this club will never be any good. You had your chance David to make a statement but yet again it's all talk this club
The bulldogs drop Wallis, the Tigers drop Rioli but we'll be right coz it's acceptable to laugh while your getting 5 goals kicked on you. It's acceptable to play forward without offering any pressure or taking any marks or tackling. It's also OK for our running defender to turn the ball over consistently and offer nothing defensively at the moment..
Absolutely terrible match Comittee decisions with the players in our 2's thinking why bother. If your allowing senior guys to do what they want without any consequences then we come back to the definition of insanity, do the same old crap and expect different results. We are a rabble and it looks like nothing will change. I bet if we win everything will be rosy but really it's masking an underbelly of our once great club that is officially a basket case.
David Teague you've officially lost me.

Well said Deano.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:58 am 
Offline
Harry Vallence
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:05 pm
Posts: 1129
Mots87 wrote:
deano35 wrote:
How do you change a losing, soft culture.
Drop a 22 year old.
How Plowman, Murphy, Levi and Doc survive is exactly why this club will never be any good. You had your chance David to make a statement but yet again it's all talk this club
The bulldogs drop Wallis, the Tigers drop Rioli but we'll be right coz it's acceptable to laugh while your getting 5 goals kicked on you. It's acceptable to play forward without offering any pressure or taking any marks or tackling. It's also OK for our running defender to turn the ball over consistently and offer nothing defensively at the moment..
Absolutely terrible match Comittee decisions with the players in our 2's thinking why bother. If your allowing senior guys to do what they want without any consequences then we come back to the definition of insanity, do the same old crap and expect different results. We are a rabble and it looks like nothing will change. I bet if we win everything will be rosy but really it's masking an underbelly of our once great club that is officially a basket case.
David Teague you've officially lost me.

Well said Deano.


I get the frustration but we are looking in from the outside and we only see what the club and Teague present to us. And to be frank I do not care if from the outside the club appears weak if the players are doing what the coaches ask. The issue I see at the moment is a game plan that is being pulled apart by the rule changes. I think we are starting to see those coaches that are innovative and able to adapt to the rule changes and those that haven't, hence the results across the league. After 6 weeks everyone will have adapted and be playing roughly the same way with varying degrees of success. I have faith that we will be one showing success. The seasons only 2 games in. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:12 pm 
Offline
Bruce Comben

Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:29 pm
Posts: 10
I am happy to get the win on the board last night against a severely undermanned Fremantle but I still have grave concerns that we still don’t have the right coaching group and development program to take us all the way. For example the Swans have their academy and a coaching group that is right up there ie John Longmire and Don Pkye and their head recruiter is top class. Then you have Richmond, the West Coast Eagles and Geelong who are in the top bracket. We need to come up to this level I believe to be a real contender and have long term success. I am by no means taking pot shots. Just my opinion for what it’s worth. Go Blues! Ps. I apologize if the above has been answered already.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:19 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 14815
Location: Bondi Beach
Matthewzac wrote:
I am happy to get the win on the board last night against a severely undermanned Fremantle but I still have grave concerns that we still don’t have the right coaching group and development program to take us all the way. For example the Swans have their academy and a coaching group that is right up there ie John Longmire and Don Pkye and their head recruiter is top class. Then you have Richmond, the West Coast Eagles and Geelong who are in the top bracket. We need to come up to this level I believe to be a real contender and have long term success. I am by no means taking pot shots. Just my opinion for what it’s worth. Go Blues! Ps. I apologize if the above has been answered already.



Hint.

Have a look at how long ALL the coaches you mention/ allude to have been at their respective clubs. You will be shocked.

... and I don't want Clarkson just because he's been coaching at the Hawks for 15 years.

_________________
I'm on board The Teague Train and I want to see the next station.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:23 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 14815
Location: Bondi Beach
There's a lot of different Game styles and Game plans being played out after 3 rounds.

Everyone finding their feet and what works and what doesn't.

Every coach is a pioneer in this new domain.

Richmond got done by a different game plan.

I like the WCE and Geelong styles in that they play keepings off to conserve energy perhaps?

We went full bore against Freo. Did well, not because of the opposition, but players went in harder than what we've seen since the Geelong and Dogs games last year. We ran out of puff towards the end of the third. Obvious its good to see the players going hard, but we have to have something in reserve for red time let alone last quarters.

_________________
I'm on board The Teague Train and I want to see the next station.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:30 pm 
Offline
Bruce Comben

Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:29 pm
Posts: 10
Thanks BB, you make a lot of valid points and I concur. You have hit the nail on the head.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:14 pm 
Offline
Harry Vallence

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:55 pm
Posts: 1612
Longmire has revolutionised his Swans again. There's a truly great coach.

We need a coach who has the brains and balls to try something totally unique to get a competitive edge.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:34 pm 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:06 pm
Posts: 27209
Location: Half back flank
Get Hirdy......!

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

_________________
#DonTheStash


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:11 am 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:35 am
Posts: 14990
:lol:

_________________
Looking forward to seeing our potential realised.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:25 am 
Offline
John Nicholls
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:12 am
Posts: 9752
Location: Coburg
CK95 wrote:
Get Hirdy......!

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk


:thumbsup:

_________________
Title: Catalina
Author: Danny Fahey
Publisher: Dragonfall Press (http://www.dragonfallpress.com)
http://dannybfahey.blogspot.com.au/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:58 am 
Offline
Harry Vallence

Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:52 pm
Posts: 1760
Paddycripps wrote:
Longmire has revolutionised his Swans again. There's a truly great coach.

We need a coach who has the brains and balls to try something totally unique to get a competitive edge.


He also has some brilliant assistants. Don Pyke and Dean Cox (very highly rated) to begin with in charge of their ball movement. Look at our assistant coaches.

Good coaches attract good assistants who want to learn and be associated with them. Rookie coaches sometimes don’t want the spectre of good assistant coaches because they feel threatened. I hope Teague is not one of them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:53 pm 
Offline
Harry Vallence
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 10:49 am
Posts: 1359
Agree Teaugy could do with experienced, expert assistance, and so too the recruiting department whilst we’re at it.
Stating the obvious I know, but quality expertise is required in many facets of the Club.
We’re debit free now, so go out and attract the talent we need .
Appreciate 2nds & development team , shakeup , will yield positive results over the 2 to 3 years.
End year a review should take place one would hope, as we can’t string along 80,000+ members forever.

_________________
Go Blue Boys


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:51 pm 
Offline
John James
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:41 pm
Posts: 666
MM is experienced...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:24 am 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:18 pm
Posts: 4017
Location: Singapore
BlueJean wrote:
MM is experienced...


I am sure he’ll be well qualified to share with his teammates his experience around what not to do, he can join Barker as joint midfield coach once he cracks the triple century.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:46 am 
Offline
Rod Ashman
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:17 pm
Posts: 2332
I haven’t been impressed with Teague from last year until now for a number of reasons but i was last week when we made a statement on the intensity and commitment they brought. We need to bring that type of commitment every week or its all for nothing. The reason i say that is because they have come to play for a week or two after some public scrutiny has been applied previously then gone back to their own little back slapping ways. Teague need to keep cracking the whip, that easy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:55 am 
Offline
Ken Hands

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:31 pm
Posts: 403
redback wrote:
I haven’t been impressed with Teague from last year until now for a number of reasons but i was last week when we made a statement on the intensity and commitment they brought. We need to bring that type of commitment every week or its all for nothing. The reason i say that is because they have come to play for a week or two after some public scrutiny has been applied previously then gone back to their own little back slapping ways. Teague need to keep cracking the whip, that easy.

Agreed Redback. We’ve seen the fail-response pattern before but it means nothing unless a baseline standard for commitment and intent is set. That hasn’t occurred in the past. We’ll get a good gauge tonight about whether they’re happy with their one effort or whether they actually want to become a team that plays with the right intent every week


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:58 pm 
Offline
Rod Ashman

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:01 pm
Posts: 2866
Yes we won ugly and yes you'd take the 4 pointss but...

Really insipid early-no "ruthlessness" (obviously, Teague's mantra has a 1 week expiration date....f$%$^&^&*
Fumbles fumbles fumbles
Kennedy made Teague look like an imbecile in the half a quarter he played...clean hands, clean kicking action etc etc
Mid-fwd transition absolutely woeful; U12 standard
execution, decision making appalling
And can somebody please tell Cripps that he is becoming sooooooooo frustrating to watch. Wants to do everything on his own and and then brings unnecessary pressure to the team

_________________
If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:41 am 
Offline
Harry Vallence

Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:17 pm
Posts: 1372
99prelim wrote:
Yes we won ugly and yes you'd take the 4 pointss but...

Really insipid early-no "ruthlessness" (obviously, Teague's mantra has a 1 week expiration date....f$%$^&^&*
Fumbles fumbles fumbles
Kennedy made Teague look like an imbecile in the half a quarter he played...clean hands, clean kicking action etc etc
Mid-fwd transition absolutely woeful; U12 standard
execution, decision making appalling
And can somebody please tell Cripps that he is becoming sooooooooo frustrating to watch. Wants to do everything on his own and and then brings unnecessary pressure to the team


Fully agree

It was a disappointing performance

Surely the club would not be happy with that

We should be further along the upward curve by now

The lack of cohesion with our ball movement has been a problem for a number of years

Scrappy wins against a bottom 6 team won’t get you far


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:27 am 
Offline
Rod Ashman
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:54 pm
Posts: 2320
I think ‘insipid early’ is too strong. We were on top throughout the whole first quarter, but just didn’t get the scoreboard impact we should’ve. Conditions playing a big part in that.

_________________
@cecil_anderson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:40 am 
Offline
Rod Ashman

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:01 pm
Posts: 2866
cecil89 wrote:
I think ‘insipid early’ is too strong. We were on top throughout the whole first quarter, but just didn’t get the scoreboard impact we should’ve. Conditions playing a big part in that.


They just looked like they weren't switched on for the first 6-8 minutes
I know the game is 80 minutes but you'd think that all the rah rah from last week would've still been there at the first bounce
And yes...they did lift their intensity about half way through Q1

_________________
If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group