Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:36 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 266  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:48 am 
Ken Hunter

Sounds like Healy, Robbo and the like will make sure he gets 2 weeks........

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:07 pm 
Bruce Doull

As long as he doesn't get 1-2 weeks...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:48 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Even if he was referring to his phone still very stupid by Teague and he should know better. Media often take things out of context and very easy for them to do that here.

On the actual incident hoping he gets off with a fine. Though, was incredibly stupid by Zac and won't be surprised or overly disappointed if he copped a week. I'd be and am disappointed in Zac for his idiocy but if Christian gives him a week, we just have to cop it and hope Zac uses his brain going forward.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:28 pm 
Geoff Southby

rhino27 wrote:
Even if he was referring to his phone still very stupid by Teague and he should know better. Media often take things out of context and very easy for them to do that here.

Not even the media took his comments out of context. Only TC. In fact, I think just one poster on TC. Happy to stand corrected if there has been some mainstream coverage of Teague’s comments, but I haven’t seen any.

The jury is still out on Teague, but this is not the thing to hang him for.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:51 pm 
Rod Ashman

SurreyBlue wrote:
Sounds like Healy, Robbo and the like will make sure he gets 2 weeks........

Deserves at least 2, off the ground and high, stupid.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:36 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

aboynamedsue wrote:
rhino27 wrote:

Not even the media took his comments out of context. Only TC. In fact, I think just one poster on TC. Happy to stand corrected if there has been some mainstream coverage of Teague’s comments, but I haven’t seen any.

Nobody is hanging him but it was a stupid thing to say. Not for the first time he had the opportunity to go in and bat for one his players and failed.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:57 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

robertbb wrote:
Ummmmmmm... he said the "view on his phone wasn't great"... not that the incident itself wasn't great :donk:

He also seemed to play it down in the way he said everyone was talking about it.

Not as bad as made out to be in the posts above.

Rob, its bad to me. That's my opinion.

He shouldn't have commented on it. He didn't see it.
His comment could be misconstrued, misinterpreted.

It's not helpful.

Robbo has brought Teague's comment into the conversation...you know that don't you.
You know why too, don't you.

What he meant is another story.

I've heard people suggest Teague said "it didn't look good" which is not what he said, but his commentary added fuel to the fire instead of diffusing it.

I know its an interview straight after a game, but the heat wasn't on...it was a praccy game.
Listen to how jovial and casual he is answering the questions. Its about a serious matter with possibly serious consequences for one of his players.

I hope he learns from it. Media take no prisoners and twist words which can be taken as ambiguous.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:07 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

aboynamedsue wrote:
rhino27 wrote:

Not hang him, but call him on it.

Its not smart. Its naive....probably innocent.

And, yes there has been some mainstream comments on it....and opposition supporters have used the comments as fuel ... in the media.
And its more than one person on TC too.

The TC posts are not the point.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:30 pm 
Geoff Southby

rhino27 wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
rhino27 wrote:

Nobody is hanging him but it was a stupid thing to say. Not for the first time he had the opportunity to go in and bat for one his players and failed.

Williams is an experienced player who did something stupid. Why would Teague go into bat for him? He is better off saying nothing, which is basically what he did. I hope he had plenty to say to Williams behind closed doors.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:44 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

aboynamedsue wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
rhino27 wrote:

Williams is an experienced player who did something stupid. Why would Teague go into bat for him? He is better off saying nothing, which is basically what he did. I hope he had plenty to say to Williams behind closed doors.

Totally agree that Williams did a stupid thing and I said that in my first post.
Teague should have gone into bat for him publicly to try and avoid a suspension. We need for round 1. Behind closed doors is a different story. I too hope Teague and the leadership group read Zac the riot act but to the media we need to support our players.
Take out the word basically from he basically said nothing and I would be happy. He should have said nothing at all. I didn't see the incident move on. Yes, I would have preferred the Hardwick/Clarkson method but saying nothing rather than basically nothing would have been much better.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:42 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

rhino27 wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
rhino27 wrote:

Totally agree that Williams did a stupid thing and I said that in my first post.
Teague should have gone into bat for him publicly to try and avoid a suspension. We need for round 1. Behind closed doors is a different story. I too hope Teague and the leadership group read Zac the riot act but to the media we need to support our players.
Take out the word basically from he basically said nothing and I would be happy. He should have said nothing at all. I didn't see the incident move on. Yes, I would have preferred the Hardwick/Clarkson method but saying nothing rather than basically nothing would have been much better.

Hit the nail on the head.

He said too much; that's the point. Tipping point.
Food for Thought...he gave it to the Media...straight into the microphone, and onto the TV...its a Horror movie with Robbo on the TV.
Just watch 360 tomorrow night and see for yourselves...I bet Robbo and Gerard will continue their vitriol tomorrow too...when everyone is back at work.

If anything he should have said there was "nothing in it", like all other coaches do...for good reason. Capiche.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:50 am 
John Nicholls

So are you off the Teague train then, or still on board? :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:00 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

robertbb wrote:

No one is calling for him to be sacked but we're not in a position where we want a coach on L Plates.
It's no different to him telling the media that he apologised to the players for giving them a serve after coughing up a 5 goal run. Firstly, it's none of the medias business. Secondly, the players need to harden the @#$%&! up and understand who's in charge.
Everyone gets feedback they dont like. When the players give each other honest feedback about their performances, does anyone expect them to get up and apologies for their honesty?

As I said earlier, I'm a fan of how we're playing and how the future looks but we need high quality performance from everyone. Including the coaches. I thought Teague could have hosed down speculation and backed the player more. He didn't. We move on and wait the outcome.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:46 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

robertbb wrote:

I'm fully onboard.

I just want him to mature quickly and not to give the media anything, AND, to say whatever it takes to defend his players, like all other coaches do.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:47 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
robertbb wrote:

No one is calling for him to be sacked but we're not in a position where we want a coach on L Plates.
It's no different to him telling the media that he apologised to the players for giving them a serve after coughing up a 5 goal run. Firstly, it's none of the medias business. Secondly, the players need to harden the @#$%&! up and understand who's in charge.
Everyone gets feedback they dont like. When the players give each other honest feedback about their performances, does anyone expect them to get up and apologies for their honesty?

As I said earlier, I'm a fan of how we're playing and how the future looks but we need high quality performance from everyone. Including the coaches. I thought Teague could have hosed down speculation and backed the player more. He didn't. We move on and wait the outcome.

Nicely put BV. :thumbsup:

Go Bluebaggers.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:04 pm 
John Nicholls

Fair enough guys.

I'm buoyant about the future of the club on-field. We've got a good list and plenty to work with.... we also need the right coach *for the individuals on the list*. Whether Teague is that... time will tell.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:32 am 
Harry Vallence

Nice guys finish last, and nice boys can't hack anyone but a nice guy

Which comes first? The mongrel in the box or the mongrel on the field?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:35 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

robertbb wrote:
Fair enough guys.

I'm buoyant about the future of the club on-field. We've got a good list and plenty to work with.... we also need the right coach *for the individuals on the list*. Whether Teague is that... time will tell.

I know where you and abns are coming from, and Teague didn't say Williams' hit doesn't look good, but I expectTeague would have been told by someone in the inner sanctum how his comments could be misconstrued.

I thing Teague is the players coach and individuals on the list would play for Teaguey...I have never met Teague, so I haven't got a clue.

I think this is all part of the learning process, but if he doesn't learn how to control the narrative with media, he and Blues will attract problems in the media.

I strongly believe Teague will coach us to the 17th, IF SOS' list is good enough.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:27 pm 
Craig Bradley

I'm glad others are confident, because I'm feeling nervous. Nervous because to date, I've not seen much to indicate that our many problems have been either fixed, or even partially dealt with. We still look susceptible to sides getting run ons and our disposal is still below par.

I watched the Doggies yesterday and whilst it was only one game, I think we are miles from their level of intenisty and effort.

Lets hope our pre-season perfromance is like those of the 80's . . .

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:33 pm 
John Nicholls

The hairdo's are

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 266  Next