Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:49 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:43 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Wet day....big bodies......vs slight bodies. End of story. 2 years time and a big fish or 2 and we should be finals contenders.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:43 pm 
Harry Vallence

Great effort but our bottom 4 - 6 players continually let us down. Thought players like Fischer,
Lang & O'brien were ordinary.

Need to find a tap ruckman pronto

Kreuzer's tap work is deplorable. At times it felt like he was purposely hitting it to a Richmond player

Jones was magnificent today

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:45 pm 
Ken Hunter

sammywaslow wrote:
Stefchook wrote:
SOJ has had a good month, but he was poor today.

He was putrid, but wasn't on his Pat Malone.

BEST
Richmond: Prestia, Edwards, Vlastuin, Lambert, Graham
Carlton: Cripps, Simpson, Thomas, Petrevski-Seton, Silvagni

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-08-11/match-report-richmond-v-carlton

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:48 pm 
Harry Vallence

I can see how the goal review system could be open to corruption. The goal umpire who called Murphs goal a point, forcing the decision to video review (who wouldn't be able to tell if it hit the post). Terrible from the goal umpire, call it as you see it, you cheating prick.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:50 pm 
Ken Hunter

I'm so @#$%&! sick shitty umpiring

The mark after the siren :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:51 pm 
Banned

Yeah - bottom 4-6 not much chop but we havent got anyone else coming through. Makes Kennedy's omission strange and I put that on Teague.

Kreuzer won the ruck I reckon but didnt get enough ball around the ground.

But my concern is on bottom 4-6 and need fresh talent/recruits as I only really see Cunners getting a regular gig here with Kennedy, Stocker and Dow as depth/development.

Need to start setting a standard on some players.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:59 pm 
Bob Chitty

I thought we were a chance leading into the game but they put the game away by half time. The second half was much better.

Pros:
I thought our backline held up well given the I50 differential. Jones smashed Reiwoldt. Simmo, SPS and Daisy all solid back there. Weiters up and down but had his moments.
The effort was there all day. I thought we were a bit better than them in the second half.
The mids (Cripps, Curnow and Murph) were good around the ground.

Cons:
Our small forward situation is diabolical at the moment. Fisher out of form and should be pushed up to the wing in place of O’Brien. Deluca tries hard (tackles and throws his body around) but he doesn’t have the skills and goal sense to impact. Lang shouldn’t be playing. He’s got more natural ability than Deluca but his level of application is woeful. Bring back Kennedy for him.
That last goal was embarrassing. Imagine if there was less than a goal in it and that decided the game. The AFL should go back and take that off them.

On to the saints next week. Go blues

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:04 pm 
Ken Hunter

Kruezer’s ruck work has hit a new low. Very, very disappointing.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:05 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Walsh wrote:
Yeah - bottom 4-6 not much chop but we havent got anyone else coming through. Makes Kennedy's omission strange and I put that on Teague.

But my concern is on bottom 4-6 and need fresh talent/recruits as I only really see Cunners getting a regular gig here with Kennedy, Stocker and Dow as depth/development.

Stocker will be great, as will Dow. Lang must go IMHO, just doesn't do enough. Kennedy should have played in the wet today, as he showed in a strong Northern effort.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:06 pm 
Craig Bradley

Walsh wrote:

Stocker and Dow were certainly good today in the VFL and Kennedy should never have been dropped.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:09 pm 
Robert Walls

Game was over before half time

We need to stop giving sides a start (5 goals in the wet is like 50 points). Have done it in 3 of our 4 losses

Too much backslapping and high-fiveing this week with this bs #Teague2020

Players were not mentally switched on to go to war and make this their GF

Fisher has become the elephant in the room. I'd drop him for the last 2 games

Lang cannot leave Ikon Park quick enough for my liking

Deluca needs a rocket up his backside for passing to Thomas when he was 1m out on his left side

McKay...see Fisher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:18 pm 
Bob Chitty

We need to take a look at our centre clearance work this week. I feel like this is a bit of a barometer for us. With the 6-6-6 and 3 tall forwards we are extremely dangerous when we can break cleanly from the middle. Even if it doesn’t directly result in a score, it lets us set up behind the ball so Jones and Weitering can control the air back there and also allows us to play the game in our forward half.

We smashed the crows 17-8 out of the centre and it went a long way to winning the game.

We’ve been smashed in there the past two weeks (10-15 against the eagles and 4-13 today against the tigers).

This should be a strength of ours with some bigger bodies in there so it really needs to be looked at now.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:21 pm 
Bob Chitty

If you have not entered the field of play when you have a free kick, surely the ball remains dead until you cross the line? How can Murphy's be play on then a throw in? Did the commentators explain it?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:22 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Dominator_7 wrote:
Umps are cheats
Tigers must slipped them a few thousand before the start of play

Bit of jaidin Stephenson action there. Changed the result of line bets.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:23 pm 
Robert Walls

We desperately need:
1) a couple of dynamic/clever small/mid size forwards. Lang, Deluca are not good enough. 28pts down and their mid size fwd Graham kicks 24 pts on his own in the first half.
2) more pace and quicker ball movement. We spend most of our time down one wing while they go down the middle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:26 pm 
Laurie Kerr

BigGartos wrote:
If you have not entered the field of play when you have a free kick, surely the ball remains dead until you cross the line? How can Murphy's be play on then a throw in? Did the commentators explain it?

If you play on and then stop while out of bounds, it’s a throw-in. Used to umpire juniors and that was how we were told to pay it.

Murph’s point was that the man ran over the mark, seemed like he might have had a point watching live?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:30 pm 
Craig Bradley

We’ll be in a much better list position if/when we can upgrade Deluca, Fisher, Gibbons & Lang. That would leave O’Brien, Plowman & Newman as the least effective out there today & we’ve seen them do enough good stuff to give them a pass.

I personally thought Silvagni was ok, if troubled by his first touch with the wet ball.

Starting to wonder whether Kreuzer is on the same page as his midfielders at the ruck contests. Still plenty of clean taps to fresh air... he’s a lot better than the others around the ground, so he’s still #1, but there needs to be a focus on that area in the coaching department.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:33 pm 
Ken Hunter

peabody wrote:
BigGartos wrote:

If you play on and then stop while out of bounds, it’s a throw-in. Used to umpire juniors and that was how we were told to pay it.

Murph’s point was that the man ran over the mark, seemed like he might have had a point watching live?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you change direction, I think you'll find.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:44 pm 
Craig Bradley

99prelim wrote:
Game was over before half time

We need to stop giving sides a start (5 goals in the wet is like 50 points). Have done it in 3 of our 4 losses

Too much backslapping and high-fiveing this week with this bs #Teague2020

Players were not mentally switched on to go to war and make this their GF

Fisher has become the elephant in the room. I'd drop him for the last 2 games

Lang cannot leave Ikon Park quick enough for my liking

Deluca needs a rocket up his backside for passing to Thomas when he was 1m out on his left side

McKay...see Fisher

Don't think they believe enough yet against sides like Richmond, especially at the peak of their powers. If we held 16pts it'd have been a fair effort but, yes, 3 of our 4 losses we've given up a 6 goal start.

Reckon they make next week their GF. Win next week and we're 6-5 at worst, something we'd have died for 9 weeks ago.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:47 pm 
Craig Bradley

Crusader wrote:
We’ll be in a much better list position if/when we can upgrade Deluca, Fisher, Gibbons & Lang. That would leave O’Brien, Plowman & Newman as the least effective out there today & we’ve seen them do enough good stuff to give them a pass.

I personally thought Silvagni was ok, if troubled by his first touch with the wet ball.

Starting to wonder whether Kreuzer is on the same page as his midfielders at the ruck contests. Still plenty of clean taps to fresh air... he’s a lot better than the others around the ground, so he’s still #1, but there needs to be a focus on that area in the coaching department.

Fisher will be ok, just struggling for now. Gibbons has been a great pick up. Deluca was a mid season pick up so wasn't expecting much. Not sure why we played Lang.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next