Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:59 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:18 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Sydney Blue wrote:
Jones and Daisy play we win

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

We certainly missed them big time today - not sure we would have won however. Eagles were in control from Q2 onwards and took their foot off the pedal late in the match.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:22 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

10 goals to 2 from midway through the 2nd qtr to midway through the 3rd looks to have been the killer. What the hell happened there ..??

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:32 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Rexy wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:
ummm....
well that was a brilliant win over the Tiges.
soooo unexpected eh?
and Weitering's 8 goals?
I mean wow!!!!

what are you on about ? :wink:

Nuffin'to see ear. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:33 pm 
Garry Crane

Rexy wrote:
10 goals to 2 from midway through the 2nd qtr to midway through the 3rd looks to have been the killer. What the hell happened there ..??

hmmm, one thing I've noticed is that when this sort of thing happens SPS goes completely missing. Just need to figure out if it's cause and effect.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:36 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Zeus they are good. But @#$%&! me it's exciting to be on board. You can just see how good we are going to be when those games get under the belt.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:37 pm 
Ken Hunter

https://www.afl.com.au/

Spoke well again. Calm, honest, respectful, sensible.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:37 pm 
Harry Vallence

sammywaslow wrote:
Rexy wrote:

hmmm, one thing I've noticed is that when this sort of thing happens SPS goes completely missing. Just need to figure out if it's cause and effect.

Fisher is the bigger concern. I'm really not sure where he is at. I can see where SPS is heading in 2020 but Fisher is all at sea.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:44 pm 
Ken Hunter

Shuey
Yoe
Redden
Sheed
Gaff
Masten
Sheppard

Some real quality to try and defeat in that lot and we got them today in the contested possession count. As Teaguey said it was our use going inside 50 that collapsed (my word). Being Capt Obvious, putting the pill in the air for McGovern, Barrass, Schofield and Hurn to feast on is simply AFL suicide.

I liked the energy we bought and the spirit but the divide in overall talent and experience was to much to cross.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:46 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Rexy wrote:

That's the Eagles way... smash a team for 15 minutes then coast the rest of the way.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:50 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Heavs wrote:
Zeus they are good. But @#$%&! me it's exciting to be on board. You can just see how good we are going to be when those games get under the belt.

All this. :thanks:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:57 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Cazzesman wrote:
https://www.afl.com.au/

Spoke well again. Calm, honest, respectful, sensible.

Regards Cazzesman

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:13 pm 
Bruce Doull

Played reasonably well, but still lost. West Coast are superb. And a bit too big & strong for us.

But a pretty good showing given our outs

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:17 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Echo the concerns for Fish. He's been one of my favorite players. But I don't know if he knows where he fits. When you're that slight you need to have something exceptional to get you through. This year he's really struggling to show what that might be. Hoping he turns it round in the off-season once the new coach tells him what he wants.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:17 pm 
Ken Hunter

Got beaten by a much better side today.
We fought it out, just outclassed.
Our forward line didn't function well today, not many marks in our forward 50.
Walsh is just amazing, hard to believe he has only just turned 19.
Too many players hardly had to the ball today.
Cripps well held although he played okay.
We matched them in most of the stats.
No injuries.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:24 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

CK95 wrote:
Played reasonably well, but still lost. West Coast are superb. And a bit too big & strong for us.

But a pretty good showing given our outs

Thought so too. Good effort. Didn't lose by much. Did way better than Norf did against them. They are an amazing team right now.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:26 pm 
Rod Ashman

The best part was that I was still into the game even when we were 5-6 goals down.
That wasn’t the case 8 weeks ago.

I thought Schu was all at sea. Might need a bit more time to acclimatise to AFL level.
Apart from him, I think Lang is out of his depth.
I think Gibbons and Deluca are stiffening is up a bit even though Deluca is not having much direct impact.
I strongly disagree that we need more inside strength - we have Cripps, Walsh playing a role there and Curnow. And Setterfield building himself towards that too. And I think some people are too harsh on Fisher and to a lesser degree SPS. They are both guns and will get more consistent over time.
I also think O’Brien will be ok.

We just had too many of our better players out. This affects most teams but we are more susceptible and West Coast are a slick and confident outfit.
We should learn a lot from that and I’m excited to see how we go against the Tigers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:28 pm 
Rod Ashman

daggs001 wrote:
sammywaslow wrote:
Rexy wrote:

Fisher is the bigger concern. I'm really not sure where he is at. I can see where SPS is heading in 2020 but Fisher is all at sea.

sea....the perfect spot for a fisher man to be really..

last week it was mckay this week it's fish. still just 21 and has shown plenty in his 52 games...looked like he was playing as a defensive forward today. not sure that role suits him..prefers to be buzzing in and around the ball.

did he go into one centre square contest?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:32 pm 
Geoff Southby

Cazzesman wrote:
Shuey
Yoe
Redden
Sheed
Gaff
Masten
Sheppard

Some real quality to try and defeat in that lot and we got them today in the contested possession count. As Teaguey said it was our use going inside 50 that collapsed (my word). Being Capt Obvious, putting the pill in the air for McGovern, Barrass, Schofield and Hurn to feast on is simply AFL suicide.

I liked the energy we bought and the spirit but the divide in overall talent and experience was to much to cross.

Regards Cazzesman

Well said.

I wouldn’t mind playing that game again with Jones, Thomas, Charlie, Marchbank & Kreuzer in the team.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:50 pm 
Geoff Southby

17th Premiership wrote:
The best part was that I was still into the game even when we were 5-6 goals down.
That wasn’t the case 8 weeks ago.

I thought Schu was all at sea. Might need a bit more time to acclimatise to AFL level.
Apart from him, I think Lang is out of his depth.
I think Gibbons and Deluca are stiffening is up a bit even though Deluca is not having much direct impact.
I strongly disagree that we need more inside strength - we have Cripps, Walsh playing a role there and Curnow. And Setterfield building himself towards that too. And I think some people are too harsh on Fisher and to a lesser degree SPS. They are both guns and will get more consistent over time.
I also think O’Brien will be ok.

We just had too many of our better players out. This affects most teams but we are more susceptible and West Coast are a slick and confident outfit.
We should learn a lot from that and I’m excited to see how we go against the Tigers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll have some of what you're smoking thanks. :smoking:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:54 pm 
Geoff Southby

Sydney Blue wrote:
Jones, Curnow, The Gov, Doc, Marchbank, Kreuzer, Daisy and another A-Grade inside mid play we win

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

EFA

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next