Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:45 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:51 pm 
Bob Chitty

billc3 wrote:
BigKev wrote:
Still trying to understand the rules. I know you can't block an opponent out of contest, but my understanding was that you could protect the drop zone of the ball. Gibbons probably thought the same thing. Not sure now how this works with sheparding a goal through, which has always seemed to be ok.

What a difference two goals in junk time makes. If WC had of scored them instead of us it starts to look like a thrashing. Hopefully someone reminds them before the weekend that % is important for them.

I saw nothing that dampens my enthusiasm for giving Teague the job.
Don't bother BigKev...
The only thinking is "Mcgovern would probably get that ball, Gibbons must have blocked"
The fact that he protects the drop zone and DOES NOT move is forgotten...
Reverse the players and it's 'unrealistic attempt'.
Umps are paying 'Carlton aren't that good' frees....
In terms of blocking, have a look at Weitering being held by Kennedy (his only objective) both to allow Darling to mark AND to try and get the ball over the line....
Again, reverse the players and it goes the other way....
NFI umpires using bias and what they think must have happened rather than actually F$&+ING watching...
When you pay what you THINK has happened, the 'better' team will get the bulk of the frees....

Conversely, Caz falls over in the ruck, therefore he must have been pushed over... He's pretty solid you know...!?,!?

We got the free,, my question would be be to the guy standing 2 meters directly in front 'what did you see... NOT WHAT DO YOU THINK HAPPENED'

Been happening all season...

Cheers

Nailed it. This assuming by umps is wrong and the weaker team suffers more.
In a fast and complicated game you can understand umps being tempted to assume...but it tips me over the edge.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:49 pm 
Harry Vallence

BigGartos wrote:
billc3 wrote:
BigKev wrote:
Still trying to understand the rules. I know you can't block an opponent out of contest, but my understanding was that you could protect the drop zone of the ball. Gibbons probably thought the same thing. Not sure now how this works with sheparding a goal through, which has always seemed to be ok.

What a difference two goals in junk time makes. If WC had of scored them instead of us it starts to look like a thrashing. Hopefully someone reminds them before the weekend that % is important for them.

I saw nothing that dampens my enthusiasm for giving Teague the job.
Don't bother BigKev...
The only thinking is "Mcgovern would probably get that ball, Gibbons must have blocked"
The fact that he protects the drop zone and DOES NOT move is forgotten...
Reverse the players and it's 'unrealistic attempt'.
Umps are paying 'Carlton aren't that good' frees....
In terms of blocking, have a look at Weitering being held by Kennedy (his only objective) both to allow Darling to mark AND to try and get the ball over the line....
Again, reverse the players and it goes the other way....
NFI umpires using bias and what they think must have happened rather than actually F$&+ING watching...
When you pay what you THINK has happened, the 'better' team will get the bulk of the frees....

Conversely, Caz falls over in the ruck, therefore he must have been pushed over... He's pretty solid you know...!?,!?

We got the free,, my question would be be to the guy standing 2 meters directly in front 'what did you see... NOT WHAT DO YOU THINK HAPPENED'

Been happening all season...

Cheers

Nailed it. This assuming by umps is wrong and the weaker team suffers more.
In a fast and complicated game you can understand umps being tempted to assume...but it tips me over the edge.

The "assuming" also plays a big part in the "deliberate out of bounds" rule and thats why I despise it. (At the weekend a WCE player chased a Carlton kick for 25 - 30 metres, couldn't get to it or just gave up then turned to the umpire for an assist ..... FMD).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:02 pm 
Bruce Doull

Forwards have always been given plenty of leeway to wrestle defenders to keep them getting to marking contests.

Shits me.

The deliberate was infuriating. The non-controlling umpire was yelling "Pay it, pay it" before it'd actually gone out.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:45 pm 
Rod Ashman

DocSherrin III wrote:
They put the cue in the rack pretty early on in the last qtr. Game wasn't a contest after the first. What you saw in West Coast yesterday was where Carlton should be aiming to be in about 3 years. Looked a lot like a training drill out there for much of yesterday.

Happy with the 24 point loss but it definitely felt that we were at least 6 goals of the pace if not more.

Good effort and a good lesson of where we need to aim, reality is that they are a serious contender and we are just making some inroads. They were bigger, stronger and well drilled. They were much more experienced, at least two years worth of experience on our players, I'm sure another 60 plus games in our youngsters will do wonders.

I don't subscribe to the theory that you have to knock down the door in the VFL to get a game, Schumacher has a good leg on him and I thought he showed some very good signs.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:38 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Wojee wrote:
Forwards have always been given plenty of leeway to wrestle defenders to keep them getting to marking contests.

Shits me.

The deliberate was infuriating. The non-controlling umpire was yelling "Pay it, pay it" before it'd actually gone out.

If the line had have been 30 cm further away, the ball would have stopped short.
Ridiculous call.