Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:52 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:33 pm 
Rod Ashman

I would definitely keep Fisher.
A) We need the pace against the shotgun Tigers
B) He was particularly ordinary yesterday but prob still carrying hangover from his illness.

And I think I’ve seen enough of Lang to put a line through him for next year.
Deluca - he hasn’t set the world on fire but I kind of feel like we are more solid team with there putting pressure on and providing some physical presence around the packs.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:57 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Navy One wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
It will be interesting to see what the selectors do if Kreuzer is fit. Phillips hasn’t done a lot wrong, but I don’t think we can play them both + Levi, so Phillips probably unluckily gets squeezed out.

A run in the VFL might not be the worst thing for Fisher, but unfortunately neither Cunningham or Dow really banged the door down today.

In - Jones, Kreuzer, Thomas
Out - Goddard, Phillips, Schumacher

Yes all those but I'd still add Cunningham in place of Fisher/Lang/Deluca (pick one)

Deluca
Lang
Not Fish. He just got back plus he is the future.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:25 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

We have to realise Fisher and Dow are learning different roles now. Since they've been at the club, they've been midfielders. Now they're playing as full time forwards. They won't be racking up the stats they were previously and there's been no consistency of personnel in our front half so it's a new shit fight every week.
Fish still had 11 possessions at 81%, a clearance and a quality goal assist. Not bad numbers for a forward pocket in a losing side against the reigning premiers.
There's a few others I'd drop before him.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:46 pm 
Geoff Southby

Based on his limited time on ground on the weekend, Cuningham is not ready for senior football, especially against Richmond.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:52 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Vain wrote:
We have to realise Fisher and Dow are learning different roles now. Since they've been at the club, they've been midfielders. Now they're playing as full time forwards. They won't be racking up the stats they were previously and there's been no consistency of personnel in our front half so it's a new shit fight every week.
Fish still had 11 possessions at 81%, a clearance and a quality goal assist. Not bad numbers for a forward pocket in a losing side against the reigning premiers.
.. And he still wasn't quite right...

Seemed to be running on the spot the first two steps, where he usually just bursts away... Effects of his illness?

Who knows, regardless, he stays...

Go Blues

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:54 pm 
Rod Ashman

Blue Vain wrote:

Interesting how some players are playing better under Teague and others have tapered off. I'd say some are playing better due to positional changes such as Murph and Ed. Others like Dow and Fisher though aren't as involved due to the change in their role.

Interesting times and I do like how Teague moved Jack and Kennedy in the middle for a bit yesterday. I would like to see Dow and Fish getting a little run in the midfield, playing permanent forward can be difficult.

Last edited by Blue4ever on Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:08 pm 
Robert Walls

Will wait to see the changes but already more confident about our chances this week.

Some quality players back will help our balance.

Kreuzer will be interesting. I didn’t get to watch the game against WCE but did Phillips do anything wrong? Chol and Saldo v Phillips and Casboult looks better on paper to me because both Tiger player like to float forward.

Jones and Thomas back adds confidence to the backline and should help make sure the ball doesn’t get locked in their forward line.

Maybe McGovern a chance to help Mackay stay further up the ground.

Didn’t give us a sniff last week. Think we can catch a tiger by the toe this week. Quick ball movement can trouble them, kick the ball across/at 60 degrees through their zone defence at half forward and you can find open players. Kennedy could be the man this week.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:13 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:

Yep. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:44 pm 
Ken Hunter

jamespul65 wrote:
if we bomb it long like the eagles game ,tigers will destroy us .Once again we need to bring in the runners

I'm no expert on other teams, but aren't the Eagles defenders way stronger in the air than Richmond, and are Richmond stronger at creating turnovers around HB leading to lightning breaks? In which case, maybe playing on and going long to our talls as quickly as possible, as we did against the Eagles, may not be a bad approach vs the ferals. From what I've seen of Richmond, teams seem to get a bit of joy when bombing out of their forward press and exploiting the spaces before they can flood back.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:48 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Blue4ever wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

Interesting how some players are playing better under Teague and others have tapered off. I'd say some are playing better due to positional changes such as Murph and Ed. Others like Dow and Fisher though aren't as involved due to the change in their role.

Interesting times and I do like how Teague moved Jack and Kennedy in the middle for a bit yesterday.

And Gibbons.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:29 pm 
Banned

Cripps won't get beaten again - Yeo was too good on the day with finals form wind at his back.

Ed will probably get Martin whatever the case interesting match ups need Kreuzer, Jones, Daisy, Cunners and Stocker in this team.

If it was me.

In: Kreuzer, Jones, Daisy, Cunningham, Stocker
Out: Phillips, Goddard, Schumacher, Deluca, Lang

But reckon Teague knows best.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:25 pm 
Rod McGregor

Thomas?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:47 pm 
Bruce Doull

Walsh wrote:
In: Kreuzer, Jones, Daisy, Thomas, Cunningham, Stocker
Out: Phillips, Goddard, Schumacher, Deluca, Darcy, Lang

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:51 pm 
Geoff Southby

Walsh wrote:
Cripps won't get beaten again - Yeo was too good on the day with finals form wind at his back.

Ed will probably get Martin whatever the case interesting match ups need Kreuzer, Jones, Daisy, Cunners and Stocker in this team.

If it was me.

In: Kreuzer, Jones, Daisy, Cunningham, Stocker
Out: Phillips, Goddard, Schumacher, Deluca, Lang

But reckon Teague knows best.

Cunningham? I hope not, needs another week in the 2s.
McGovern is a possibility too.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:07 pm 
Geoff Southby

PercyJones wrote:
Thomas?

Percy?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:12 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Would love to see Stocker come back in the seniors, to continue where he left off when injured: playing the AFL where he belongs.

He's tough, quick, strong and the right physique for the AFL, regardless of age. He's finding the pill in the VFL.

He's right to go, co Andrew Russell says so.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:47 pm 
Harry Vallence

Thought McKay was great last week presenting up the ground.

Would be nice to plonk McGovern closer to goals this week.

If we hit up Mitch just half as many times as we hit his brother last week he's a good chance to kick a bag.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:53 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Agro jr wrote:
Thought McKay was great last week presenting up the ground.

Would be nice to plonk McGovern closer to goals this week.

If we hit up Mitch just half as many times as we hit his brother last week he's a good chance to kick a bag.

No chance.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:21 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bondiblue wrote:
Would love to see Stocker come back in the seniors, to continue where he left off when injured: playing the AFL where he belongs.

I'd like to see him in the side as well.
Only problem is that our back six are quite settled (assuming Daisy replaces Schumaker) and I'm not sure he has the fitness to play in the midfield at AFL level......yet.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:32 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Humpers wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

I'd like to see him in the side as well.
Only problem is that our back six are quite settled (assuming Daisy replaces Schumaker) and I'm not sure he has the fitness to play in the midfield at AFL level......yet.

Prior to Stocker's selection in the seniors he did a block of work with Andrew Russell to get him up a good level of fitness. I'm not sure if he's ready to take on a midfield role permanently, but he was tried through their before injury. I think he can rotate through the midfield.

I think Simmo and Newman mix things up and play a role on a wing: probably a defensive wing. If that's the case with the inclusion of Stocker, I'm guessing Stocker could play a BP or HBF role.

I'm keen to get Cuningham and Stocker back in the 22 before the season is out.

I don't think Lang has set the world on fire, despite showing some good physical contesting work, and I'd suggest Garlett is on the outer too, and both may be heading the same way as Pickett if Thomas and Simmo stay on another year, to provide leadership and if their form continues, pressure on spots in 2020.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next