Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 2:53 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:01 pm 
Bert Deacon

Wojee wrote:
billy_bongo wrote:
Lowey_47 wrote:
Still got the schizens about darlings weak effort faking a free about 8 years ago (against fireman scotland?) Smash these mofos!

Marcus Davies. From memory...

Definitely Scotland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxWNX0YZGXM

OK. Wrong incident. I was thinking of when Davies knocked Darling over in the goal square during our final against WC. Could be argued the resultant goal cost us the game. Another poor umpire decision close to goals.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:10 pm 
John Nicholls

Funny how we're all thinking re-actively, while Teague has been pro-active in playing to our strengths.

We'll know we've turned the corner as supporters when we spend less time thinking about how to limit damage and more time conjuring up ways to bring the pain ourselves.

Excited for the game though!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:13 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

The game as usual will be won and lost in the midfield.

Their mids Gaff Yeo Redden Sheed and Shuey all played well.

I expect Cripps to wear a hard tag from Yeo or Redden given his current form, plus the fact Cripps got hold of them last year in a BOG performance and a game we lost by only 9 behinds. I expect Yeo to want to take Cripps on, despite Redden known to be their tagger, if and when they apply a tag.

Cripps will be right given her performs well against WA teams: he's a WA boy but now a Blueblood and Captain.

Curnow to tag Gaff: he's their main link man and line breaker. Otherwise he takes Yeo if he's not tagging Cripps.

In last year's game we had a few missing with inury: Weitering Docherty Kreuzer Murphy, Willimason, Byrne and Pickett.

We nearly got them playing with Kerridge, Mullett, Rowe's (first game back), Garlett, Lamb, O'Shea and a plethora of kids.

Go Blues.

Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:17 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

robertbb wrote:
Funny how we're all thinking re-actively, while Teague has been pro-active in playing to our strengths.

We'll know we've turned the corner as supporters when we spend less time thinking about how to limit damage and more time conjuring up ways to bring the pain ourselves.

Teague starts off backing his players, but games that are getting away from us have been turned on their head when Curnow applies the tag.

Everyone has a position and a role to play, and Teague's game is much more attacking hence the ability to kick goals...which win you games.

We have a few guns, so we should back them. I expect McKay to kick a few. He's due, and he did against the Weagles last year.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:38 pm 
Rod Ashman

I’m more worried about Shuey and Yeo than Gaff.
Suspect that Curnow will be ready for both, depending on whether either of them start to have a big influence early.

I think our defensive unit can handle their strong key forwards.
Do we know if Huron is playing? He is listed as ‘Test’ but big loss for them if he doesn’t play.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:54 pm 
Geoff Southby

bondiblue wrote:
robertbb wrote:

Teague starts off backing his players, but games that are getting away from us have been turned on their head when Curnow applies the tag.

Everyone has a position and a role to play, and Teague's game is much more attacking hence the ability to kick goals...which win you games.

We have a few guns, so we should back them. I expect McKay to kick a few. He's due, and he did against the Weagles last year.

Let's hope the coaching department doesn't play him up the ground or he will be of no use at all. Let Levi play that role, he is a lot fitter. Keep him in the F50 and he might have a chance.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:13 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

robertbb wrote:

We have to react to a few who can murder us just as they do.
We have to win the contest against Darling and Kennedy down back, and Levi and/or Harry has to stand tall down front.
The midfield will have them tagging Cripps and us tagging one of theirs. After that it's on.

Phillips MUST stay in. Kreuzer can't give our mids a ride like he did last week.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:15 pm 
Bert Deacon

Blue Vain wrote:
Kreuzer will be the interesting selection. Based on form, Phillips deserves to keep his spot. Does Kreuzer also come in or does he play VFL?
The media will make a big deal of it if he does.
I'll be very disappointed if they take the soft option and drop Phillips.

Much as I liked Phillips' game last week, Kreuzer will either play Ones or not at all. I don't see our newly re-signed number one ruckman being dropped to the reserves because of one reasonably good game by a back-up player. Half a dozen good games perhaps. Not sure why you see this as a stop option. Soft-in-the-head option maybe..

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:16 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

billy_bongo wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Kreuzer will be the interesting selection. Based on form, Phillips deserves to keep his spot. Does Kreuzer also come in or does he play VFL?

Much as I liked Phillips' game last week, Kreuzer will either play Ones or not at all. I don't see our newly re-signed number one ruckman being dropped to the reserves because of one reasonably good game by a back-up player. Half a dozen good games perhaps. Not sure why you see this as a stop option. Soft-in-the-head option maybe..

I'm going to assume you have just arrived from Mars.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:26 pm 
Bert Deacon

Blue Sombrero wrote:
billy_bongo wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

Don't bother elaborating, big fellow. Don't want to leave yourself open, I suppose.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:56 pm 
Harry Vallence

I reckon it will be a big game for Jack as he will need to hard tag McGovern and stop their rebound

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:24 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bondiblue wrote:
I wouldn't mind if Stocker came in to play on the Weagles small forwards.
He's tough and he's quick.

Rioli and Ryan are smalls with strong bodies and will need close attention.
Not sure if Simmo provides that for these 2.
SPS is good one on one, but plays a bit too offensively and off HB.

I'm sure Newman will take one and Simmo will be the extra in defence.
That leaves SPS and Newman on Rioli and Ryan, which may take SPS off HB and into a pocket.
Not sure if I want SPS stuck in a back pocket. I'm sure Simpson wont mind that.

Rioli and Ryan need close attention.

Daisy should take one. He's in very good form.
From memory SPS, Daisy, Simmo, Plowman, Weitering and Jones were the starting 6 last week.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:45 pm 
Robert Walls

CK95 wrote:
West Coast are a superb side. It’s them & the Tigers in the GF for mine,

We play Eagles, Tigers and Cats (remember them?) in our next 4 weeks! Just give us the cup (if we beat all 3 of them!)

Feelgood Hit of the Winter - GHRP-2, GHRP-6, CJC-1295, AOD-9604, Humanofort and Hexarelin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:51 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

https://m.carltonfc.com.au/news/2019-07-31/fisher-a-likely-inclusion

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:11 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
I wouldn't mind if Stocker came in to play on the Weagles small forwards.
He's tough and he's quick.

Rioli and Ryan are smalls with strong bodies and will need close attention.
Not sure if Simmo provides that for these 2.
SPS is good one on one, but plays a bit too offensively and off HB.

I'm sure Newman will take one and Simmo will be the extra in defence.
That leaves SPS and Newman on Rioli and Ryan, which may take SPS off HB and into a pocket.
Not sure if I want SPS stuck in a back pocket. I'm sure Simpson wont mind that.

Rioli and Ryan need close attention.

Daisy should take one. He's in very good form.
From memory SPS, Daisy, Simmo, Plowman, Weitering and Jones were the starting 6 last week.

Good point BV. How could I forget about the in form Daisy. He's been fantastic.

Did Newman start on the bench? Play extra defender?

Anyone recall who had the Crows 2 small forwards last week. I expect the same.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:48 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Yep, we've been playing a rotating defender off the bench most of the season. They seem to change the starting 6 most weeks. With 6,6,6, we rarely play a loose defender now unless the opposition push a forward up to the stoppages.
The rotating 7th defender now just occupies a bench spot mostly.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:17 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

GreatEx wrote:
^ unfortunately the stupid stupid stupid week's rest before finals makes it unlikely Geelong will ease off in r23.
Didn't stop the dogs v freo in 2016

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:41 pm 
Harry Vallence

It will be tough and rugged but we’ll bring home the bacon. Teaugy has truly reinvigorated the team m they're now confident and assured, its riveting stuff.
Reckon Fisher and Gov will come in for Dow and Deluca to be managed.
Tigers will be next in our sights.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:28 am 
Stephen Kernahan

bmaurizio wrote:
It will be tough and rugged but we’ll bring home the bacon. Teaugy has truly reinvigorated the team m they're now confident and assured, its riveting stuff.
Reckon Fisher and Gov will come in for Dow and Deluca to be managed.
Tigers will be next in our sights.

That's the spirit.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:55 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

billy_bongo wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
billy_bongo wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

Don't bother elaborating, big fellow. Don't want to leave yourself open, I suppose.

The Kreuzer vs Philips debate has destroyed relationships in the past. Not worth it with the Blubaggers on the cusp of the 17th sooner than later, and maybe with neither of those 2 ruckmen featuring. Both have their strengths and weaknesses, and I'd rather them selected on a horses for courses basis with Casboult now the most dangerous 2nd ruck in the AFL.

Kiss and make up wouldya. :smoking:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next