Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:43 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:52 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Does he have CTE or doesn't he????

That hip and shoulder from Schwass in the 95 PF was brutal.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:01 am 
Stephen Kernahan

buzzaaaah wrote:

https://www.afl.com.au/news/60334/brown ... aying-days

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:23 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Great appointment.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:32 am 
Bruce Doull

buzzaaaah wrote:

Darren Crocker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:33 am 
Bert Deacon

Effes wrote:
camel wrote:
The better news here is that his health must be at a level that means he is willing/able to take on such a role.

That was my first thought as well

Brownlow medallist Greg Williams 'can't remember large chunks of playing days':

https://www.afl.com.au/news/60334/footy ... in-disease

Does anyone else remember that time a few years ago (before the drugs saga) when Diesel coached Ess* midfield?
Before a game against Carlton, he was quoted as saying something like; "I want to kick their arse."
That surprised and deeply disappointed me. Still does.
Hope he is okay.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:43 pm 
Bert Deacon

Blue Vain wrote:
BlueJean wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
BlueJean wrote:
Could SOS be footy manager ?

It could be on the cards.

Ockhams razor wrote:
Keep an eye out for SOS

Well things would certainly be United at the club for the first time in a looooong while. Ross sos diesel.... all “winners” in my book.

Folks, you can’t change the DNA of a club like Carlton. It’s been tried unsuccessfully in recent times....and look where that got us...up ship creek!

Sticks was a winner as well. How did we go when he was president?
Because your heroes played for the club doesn't make them great administrators or decision makers. SOS has a son on the list and you want him as football manager? Any conflict there?
He demonstrated with his drafting of Ben and his tease pony in Finbar that he cant seperate the clubs interests from his own. Last time it was all about SOS and I cant see it changing. I loved him as a player. I loved Bruce Doull and Kouta too but it doesn't mean I want them back running the club. FFS, I thought we'd gone past "old Carlton" coming to rescue us.

The "DNA of a club like Carlton" as you put it put us down the toilet. Remember 2005? The club begging the AFL to allow us to survive? We've been the AFL's bitch for 20 years because of old school "Carlton DNA". Sponsors didn't want to know us. The club lost any dignity and respect that had remained. That's what old school Carlton decisions did to us.
I thought we'd progressed past this @#$%&! rubbish.
I've been supportive of Sayers to date but if he ends up implementing fanboy appointments, he can @#$%&! off as well.

Thanks BV.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:54 pm 
Rod Ashman

I need to share my Fav Greg Williams story. It would have been around 2005 odd when Williams was doing assistant coaching under Ratten. He was running drills and he was talking to the whole group. Matthew Lapping was stuffing around at the side of the group. Williams with ball in hand took about 5 steps backward and fired the hardest pass right into Lappins nuts. As he was squirming on the ground Williams said “Now is everyone listening?”

I witnessed this from about 20 meters away from the group on the fence. Needless to say everyone paid attention from that point on

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:05 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

baz_baz wrote:
I need to share my Fav Greg Williams story. It would have been around 2005 odd when Williams was doing assistant coaching under Ratten. He was running drills and he was talking to the whole group. Matthew Lapping was stuffing around at the side of the group. Williams with ball in hand took about 5 steps backward and fired the hardest pass right into Lappins nuts. As he was squirming on the ground Williams said “Now is everyone listening?”

I witnessed this from about 20 meters away from the group on the fence. Needless to say everyone paid attention from that point on

I think that’s what Teague was getting at when he said he needed to create a psychologically safe space...

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:57 pm 
Rod Ashman

GWS wrote:
baz_baz wrote:

I think that’s what Teague was getting at when he said he needed to create a psychologically safe space...

If you’re stuffing around when your meant to be committed to improvement then I guess you don’t deserve to be in a psychologically safe place

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:51 pm 
Bruce Doull

I recall a similar story about Malthouse & Levi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:52 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

CK95 wrote:
buzzaaaah wrote:

Darren Crocker

The bump from Schwass was so brutal nobody else can remember it either!

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:26 pm 
Ken Hunter

I think the refreshing thing about GW will be the lack of Grey. You will never be in any doubt about what he thinks. He lives in a pretty Black and White world and suspect he will be great at cutting through any BS.

I mentioned Neil Balme having a great inbuilt BS detector. GW gives me the impression his detector is also finely tuned.

If Lyon gets the gig, you would be a very brave man to try and put one over on either of them. :yikes: :yikes:

Lloyd in the middle, should consider buying some fireproof footwear, because he could well be jumping from one hot plate to the next :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:44 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Cazzesman wrote:
I think the refreshing thing about GW will be the lack of Grey. You will never be in any doubt about what he thinks. He lives in a pretty Black and White world and suspect he will be great at cutting through any BS.

I mentioned Neil Balme having a great inbuilt BS detector. GW gives me the impression his detector is also finely tuned.

If Lyon gets the gig, you would be a very brave man to try and put one over on either of them. :yikes: :yikes:

Lloyd in the middle, should consider buying some fireproof footwear, because he could well be jumping from one hot plate to the next :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards Cazzesman

This ^^^

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:03 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

CK95 wrote:
buzzaaaah wrote:

Darren Crocker
Yeah, you're right. That was Peter Dean in the prelim.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:05 pm 
Horrie Clover

Greg Williams....

Whenever I wonder if he should be involved i remember him criticising dow for being thrust in the middle before his time, and then complained that he wasn't getting time in the middle when he was on the flank.

Contradicted himself and made me wonder what he was on about.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:56 pm 
Serge Silvagni

I would like to know your football CV versus Diesel’s...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:06 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

thryleon wrote:
Greg Williams....

Whenever I wonder if he should be involved i remember him criticising dow for being thrust in the middle before his time, and then complained that he wasn't getting time in the middle when he was on the flank.

I think they he was referring to 2 different periods of Dow's tenure. He also added Dow needed to toughen up when he was given a go...this year??.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:11 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

baz_baz wrote:

Great story baz.

I'm glad he's on board. He's not going to muck around, and be everyone's best mate. He's probably incapable of that. Anyway Sayers didn't bring him on board to be best mates. He's here to lift the standards and make everyone in the Football Dept accontable, and that includes CEO.

Complete professional and competitive beast. Just what the club needs.

He's different to Judd. Hopefully, Diesel is different better as a Footy Director.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:19 pm 
Ken Hunter

I believe we have found a great president in Sayers. He is being diligent and I have to say, absolutely enjoyed reading today’s statement, but he disappointed me today. Why and how is Lloyd and Liddle still at the club, especially when you read that the review has found, ‘stronger football management’ required. Hate to be that guy but need to cull deeper.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:26 pm 
Bruce Doull

bondiblue wrote:
thryleon wrote:
Greg Williams....

I think they he was referring to 2 different periods of Dow's tenure. He also added Dow needed to toughen up when he was given a go...this year??.

I think I recall that interview. In fairness he was pretty encouraging towards Dow when he summarised his thoughts at the end, said he was a good player who just needed to toughen up a bit.

It was pretty impressive then when Dow responded returning to the field this year against Essendon*, with that massive black eye (albeit briefly). I thought Dow turned a big corner in that game.

Weirdly, he was back in the seconds the week after if memory serves :?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next