Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:47 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:42 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Your memory or Diesel's?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:52 am 
Craig Bradley

Champion player. Not sure that means he'll be a champion administrator. 25 years out of the game. Doesn't strike me as brilliant or innovative. But best of luck to him.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:41 am 
Bruce Doull

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwqir1H2H-c

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:03 pm 
Craig Bradley

Stefchook wrote:
Champion player. Not sure that means he'll be a champion administrator. 25 years out of the game. Doesn't strike me as brilliant or innovative. But best of luck to him.

Except he’s not 25 years out of the game, is he?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:40 pm 
Craig Bradley

Blue Vain wrote:
BlueJean wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
BlueJean wrote:
Could SOS be footy manager ?

It could be on the cards.

Ockhams razor wrote:
Keep an eye out for SOS

Well things would certainly be United at the club for the first time in a looooong while. Ross sos diesel.... all “winners” in my book.

Folks, you can’t change the DNA of a club like Carlton. It’s been tried unsuccessfully in recent times....and look where that got us...up ship creek!

Sticks was a winner as well. How did we go when he was president?
Because your heroes played for the club doesn't make them great administrators or decision makers. SOS has a son on the list and you want him as football manager? Any conflict there?
He demonstrated with his drafting of Ben and his tease pony in Finbar that he cant seperate the clubs interests from his own. Last time it was all about SOS and I cant see it changing. I loved him as a player. I loved Bruce Doull and Kouta too but it doesn't mean I want them back running the club. FFS, I thought we'd gone past "old Carlton" coming to rescue us.

The "DNA of a club like Carlton" as you put it put us down the toilet. Remember 2005? The club begging the AFL to allow us to survive? We've been the AFL's bitch for 20 years because of old school "Carlton DNA". Sponsors didn't want to know us. The club lost any dignity and respect that had remained. That's what old school Carlton decisions did to us.
I thought we'd progressed past this @#$%&! rubbish.
I've been supportive of Sayers to date but if he ends up implementing fanboy appointments, he can @#$%&! off as well.

Yep... the more things change, the more they stay the same

The club's off field decisions don't fill me with any confidence going forward...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6