Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:37 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:07 am 
Rod Ashman

bluegirl72 wrote:
Sure, that isn't creepy at all. :sly:
(Kidding!)
Nah, you are a breath of fresh air around here.
Keep it up.
Don'forget to pat eyore, he really needs it. :grin:

We all need a pat after yesterday's rollercoaster ride. :smoking:
Love your work. Go Blues!
Cheers :beer:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:02 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

At some point, one of these 6 goal leads is going to become a 10 or 11 goal win. I hope it isn't this week. Swans have been playing OK footy, but certainly, are gettable. If we get Crippa, McKay and Cunners back, we are a far stronger outfit. There are a few candidates to come out. Lang was ordinary at times but I think he did some nice things as the game wore on. Even so, you think he would be the most likely omission. Weiters would be doubtful, but if by some miracle he comes up, I'd be seriously looking at Plowman (and probably should be looked at anyway). Other candidates to be out should be McGovern (but I doubt it) and Paddy Dow really looks like he needs a rest.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:24 pm 
Rod Ashman

I love the way that we are mostly all assuming Cunners is an automatic selection when fit.
I for one was not convinced that he was going to make it but he has lifted his output and consistency this year so really happy with that. It really seals that draft as a massive win for us. Hopefully, we are talking about it years from now like the hawks’ Buddy draft and the Cats’ 2001 Draft...

(FWIW, I’m not so sure Cunners will come straight in this week but I do think he is in our best 22...)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:49 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Stefchook wrote:
Yes, today's effort was simply diabolical. He can play at AA standard. But he can also produce inextricable performances like today.

I really hope he can get himself out of that.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:28 pm 
Ken Hunter

99prelim wrote:
McGovern Lang Dow out
McKay Cripps Cunningham in

If you listen to Teague's presser after the game there is no way McGovern is getting dropped.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:29 pm 
Ken Hunter

emtwenty wrote:
Is Buddy due back for game 300?

I hope not.
Will just be our luck he is.

Last edited by kezza on Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:56 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

GWS wrote:
Stefchook wrote:
Yes, today's effort was simply diabolical. He can play at AA standard. But he can also produce inextricable performances like today.

I really hope he can get himself out of that.

:grin: :grin:

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:08 pm 
Robert Walls

IN: McKay, Cripps, Cunningham
OUT: Weitering (inj.), Fisher, Dow

I think the two young fellas could do with a run in the twos, and whilst I'd probably drop Lang first in normal circumstances he probably needs a few games in the seniors to work out his worth.

I'm not 100% sold on our three tall backmen being Casboult, Jones and Marchbank... but the other option is Goddard (who is slow). Alternatively, you could send McGovern back and keep Casboult as a forward, but they seem very reluctant to play McGovern back.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:28 pm 
Geoff Southby

bluechampion wrote:

I think the two young fellas could do with a run in the twos, and whilst I'd probably drop Lang first in normal circumstances he probably needs a few games in the seniors to work out his worth.

I'm not 100% sold on our three tall backmen being Casboult, Jones and Marchbank... but the other option is Goddard (who is slow). Alternatively, you could send McGovern back and keep Casboult as a forward, but they seem very reluctant to play McGovern back.

My thoughts also Champ..............the two kids are good,but not that good that a run in the magoo's won't fix.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:25 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bluechampion wrote:

Fisher has been playing small forward the past couple of weeks. When he went into the middle yesterday, he got a couple of clearances. When he plays midfield, his clearance per centre bounce attendance is quite good.
We need to rotate a bit more and give him opportunities. Murph and Ed were poor early yesterday. We should have mixed it up a bit more. He just needs to get it going forward more often. Too often he is looking to go backwards or overpossess the ball when one on ones are available inside 50.

I was annoyed JSOS was moved off Oliver yesterday but interestingly, we started to win our share of the clearances once he was. The damage was once again done early. Our second half stats are good but it was a domination in the first quarter.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:05 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Marchbank out for the season ...

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:06 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Juddy&theKruezers wrote:

WTF

:roll:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:07 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

AGRO wrote:
Juddy&theKruezers wrote:

WTF

Neck ...

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:12 pm 
Rod Ashman

Juddy&theKruezers wrote:
AGRO wrote:
Juddy&theKruezers wrote:

WTF

Neck ...

FFS

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:22 pm 
Harry Vallence

Juddy&theKruezers wrote:
AGRO wrote:
Juddy&theKruezers wrote:

WTF

Neck ...

Now our backline's really in a noose

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:33 pm 
Robert Walls

bluechampion wrote:

Hmm... Marchbank being out might change things. I suppose Goddard's a certainty now.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:35 pm 
Geoff Southby

We have Levi to go back if Harry's fit.

We have Levi to go back even if Harry isn't fit.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:13 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

With Marchbank out for the season maybe we should send McGovern back in defence. Kennedy and/or SOS can play the third tall up forward.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:21 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

They’ll bring Buddy back for his 300th and he’ll kick 13

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:51 pm 
Craig Bradley

Goddard or Schumacher might get a run finally.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next