Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 9:19 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:27 pm 
Craig Bradley

Agree we need to play 4 quarters and in the end was a winnable game

Didn't deserve to win and a good side would have put us away early
Disposal in most of the game ordinary and also cost us in the end

BUT still thought there was a number of positives

Without any real star power in the side and many having minimal impact lost by 5 points

How good is Walsh he is a terrific young player Levi was very good thought Weitering was our only good backman but was excellent and Jack was really good both in the middle and forward
Thought Kreuz was pretty good as well
Great to see Setterfield kick a few goals after being awful in front of goals all year also thought he had limited disposals Kennedy kicked a few goals and continually made leads to get the ball or open up space behind him

There at least is belief in this team and sometimes when you sack a coach the rest of the season is a waste this isn't the case we are getting games into players and understand Dow and Obrien are not going well but the more games they get into them the better
A number of poor performers today and in a way good that we lost so we understand that we can't continue to give side starts and storm home to win

Almost winning the game without Curnow docherty cripps H and Cunningham is good news in my view although obviously Melbourne are a poor team

I know McGovern isn't playing well but is obviously injured and I suspect given other injuries is being asked to play when maybe he should not

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:33 pm 
Craig Bradley

HTP wrote:
If a player wants to come to a shit club, you make it happen.

We ain’t no destination club, so we have to honour trades where the player is keen.

In my humble opinion, that’s why we have McGovern - not because SOS is Jerky McJerkface.

No you don’t
And not on 700000 a season for 5 years
If not for giving up to 2 picks in the 20s we could have kept Stocker and Mc Adam and what looks like a second pick in this year’s draft
McGovern is undersized
He is quick but has no tank inexcusable for a guy who is 25
He should be called Autumn leaves because he falls over that much

The club has a history of not dropping certain blokes

If that’s the case with the Gov play him somewhere else
Oh hang on a minute
You need a tank to play that position

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:42 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Jiahao Blue wrote:
Heavs wrote:
Lost opportunity after three quarters of filth. How bad are Melbourne!

Not as bad as us...

They were in a prelim last year and added one of the best defenders in the comp. They're putrid. At least we're meant to be shit.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:47 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

keogh wrote:
HTP wrote:

We ain’t no destination club, so we have to honour trades where the player is keen.

In my humble opinion, that’s why we have McGovern - not because SOS is Jerky McJerkface.

No you don’t
If not for giving up to 2 picks in the 20s we could have kept Stocker and Mc Adam and what looks like a second pick in this year’s draft
McGovern is undersized

Oh hang on a minute

Teague is on track to become a "keogh killer"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:49 pm 
Craig Bradley

verbs wrote:
keogh wrote:
HTP wrote:

No you don’t
McGovern is undersized

Oh hang on a minute

If it was a no name putting out a similar outcome he would be dropped

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:58 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

keogh wrote:
verbs wrote:
keogh wrote:
HTP wrote:

No you don’t
McGovern is undersized

Oh hang on a minute

Teague has systematically dismantled your constant negativity to the point all you're left with now is McGovern. A few more weeks and Teague will have completed his "keogh killer" rampage!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:11 pm 
Rod Ashman

Jiahao Blue wrote:
kingkerna wrote:
One thing I was pleased with was the crowd. 55.000 for 17th v 16th was outstanding. When we get going the league better watch out.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Happy to be there and make a contribution :wink:

Same here. Great atmosphere. So disappointed we couldn’t win after the five goal last quarter. :sad:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:13 pm 
Craig Bradley

We won the two games we weren't supposed to win. We beat Brisbane, who who are now top 4 having just beaten GWS in Sydney, as well as Freo in Perth, who were in the 8. Lost the 2 I thought we could win. Thought we could beat both the Dogs, although their form since has been excellent, more like their 2016 form, and Melbourne.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:27 pm 
Ken Hunter

Great last quarter. pity we didn't show up for the first three.
We are exciting to watch when we get going and very frustrating when we are off.
At half time they showed the stats on the scoreboard and there was something like 10 Carlton players will less than 6 disposals.
Weitering's nose looked pretty bad, happened just in front of where I sit.
Hats off to Jack, played a great game.
Umpiring was terrible again and so inconsistent. How many times was there front on contact in a marking contest that was not paid?
Setterfield should have been a blatant free in that last quarter right in front of goal.
We looked pretty flat early, have to work on our starts.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:28 pm 
Harry Vallence

we must have the most dumb blokes in the league.

Newman, Plowman and Jones have such low football IQ it's not funny.

Jones gets away with it because his athleticism means he can make up for the completely @#$%&! stupid decisions he makes at times (today was not one of those times, he made the same dumb decision all day and it came off maybe once or twice)

Newman's decision making and execution is diabolical and I hope he's just a stop gap for Docherty and not in any long term plans. Looked like he was genuinely trying to make the wrong decision at times today for a laugh.

and Plowman only still gets a game I can only imagine because Silvagni drafted him at pick 3, and dropping him will only reiterate how dumb Silvagni was to draft O'Rourke and Plowman at picks 2 and 3 in the same draft.

If Jack Silvagni could share some of his football IQ out, that'd be great.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:28 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

verbs wrote:
keogh wrote:
verbs wrote:
keogh wrote:
HTP wrote:

No you don’t
McGovern is undersized

Oh hang on a minute

Teague has systematically dismantled your constant negativity to the point all you're left with now is McGovern. A few more weeks and Teague will have completed his "keogh killer" rampage!

:lol: poor eyore.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:41 pm 
Rod Ashman

Our defence has done ok for most of the year, I thought today they were horrible.

Jones was at his worst and Plowman absolutely terrible. Weitering and Marchbank not at their best at intercepting as they have been and Newman's disposal was woeful.

Young midfield struggled, Fisher, Dow and O'Brien.

Still can't believe we nearly pinched this, we were terrible for three quarters.

Well done to Jack and Levi.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:20 pm 
Harry Vallence

Cons:
Lewis was not dealt with for the hits over the years. And today he got Fisher....no remonstrations
McDonald 6 goals & Petracca/Hunt both 3 goals...are you serious

Pros:
Notwithstanding Dees injury issues (We also did have Kreuzer off for a chunk & lost Weiters at the end) l was heartened by the never say die attitude
JSOS efforts
Levi’s accurate kicking

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:31 pm 
Robert Walls

[quote="Mickstar"]Fisher,Dow,SPS,and LOB where woeful.Yep,i'm takin' aim at the young blokes.Those four only had to brake even in the guts and we win the game.Bout time they step up..........Firin' off at the veterans is poor form for mine as the likes of Simmo and Daisy are bustin' there guts.We are going' nowhere until we get mids who can get a kick...........effing hell you young blokes,old man Jones played you four on a brake.Get a bit of guts and dig deep...............Hard but fair.[/quote]

Finally some sense...throw in Gibbons as well

Anyone who wants to lay blame at any defender is just picking the low hanging fruit.

Our mids were obliterated for most of the match both at the centre bounce and around contests. The backline held as best it could. Yes they made some unforced errors which were frustrating but it was the midfield group and McGovern's inability to provide support in the fwd line that were the major culprits

Oh and some f%^^& bewildering umpiring decisions from a couple AFL accounts payable clerks moonlighting as match day umpires @ $250/game. FMD!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:39 pm 
Robert Walls

DocSherrin III wrote:
Jonosc1 wrote:
Horrible
Don’t get sucked in by the end score.

Pros
JSOS
Walsh
Setters
Murphy- stuck some tackles

I disagree re: Setterfield. Needs to go back to the seconds and actually find more of the ball, use it efficiently and get out of a jog. I don't know why we have to carry players.

I also think Setterfield is a +ve. Doesn't mean he had a breakout game but he kicked 3-2. Agree that he jogs but he is a lock to remain in that side IMHO. I'd drop any combo of Dow/Fisher/SPS before Setterfield.

I know of ifs and maybe but if that ball didnt bounce off his chest in the last qtr, he may have kicked 4-2...as a mid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:42 pm 
Robert Walls

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Gov will deliver. Already doing blue collar stuff and crashing packs. Thec rest will come.

Plowman just awful decision making and execution.

Jones awful today also.

if he's crashing packs, then the vertebrae injury is not holding him back. Drop him next week and bring in Kerr (I don't care how Kerr went yesterday...Gov is a liability at the moment)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:51 pm 
Ken Hands

99prelim wrote:
DocSherrin III wrote:
Jonosc1 wrote:
Horrible
Don’t get sucked in by the end score.

Pros
JSOS
Walsh
Setters
Murphy- stuck some tackles

I disagree re: Setterfield. Needs to go back to the seconds and actually find more of the ball, use it efficiently and get out of a jog. I don't know why we have to carry players.

I also think Setterfield is a +ve. Doesn't mean he had a breakout game but he kicked 3-2. Agree that he jogs but he is a lock to remain in that side IMHO. I'd drop any combo of Dow/Fisher/SPS before Setterfield.

I know of ifs and maybe but if that ball didnt bounce off his chest in the last qtr, he may have kicked 4-2...as a mid

It was front on contact and would be a free kick if the jumper wasn’t navy blue!!
@#$%&! me we get screwed so hard each game, phenomenal bias.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:31 am 
Stephen Kernahan

AGRO wrote:
Jiahao Blue wrote:
Thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon with Moshe25 at the"G". The previous comments were pretty much on board and my 2 cents worth
Pros
Jack and Levi were so good.
Settlefield and Kennedy showed more

Beijing part of the crowd as they lifted as one when we hit the front.
Cons
#11 does so little, no presence at all - the Tarzan-Jane syndrome.
Again it is men against boys in the middle. One man beating two leaving an outside to receive the ball.
Still too much poor decision making.
Murphy's game last week was the exception
Kreuzer is not a tap ruckman but does work so hard.
Cannot give teams 5 goal starts and expect to win consistently.

If it wasn’t for Kreuzer roving his own crumbs in the first half (because of our non existent midfield) we would have been so far out of the game it wouldn’t have been funny.

He was Herculean in his efforts.

:clap:

That's the whole point.
He shouldn't have to. He has to follow up like that because he has no idea where they are going to land and neither does anybody else.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:35 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Humpers wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Jones awful today also.

Even on a good day Jones tends to cost us at least one goal due to basic skill errors or a lack of awareness.
Today he was pretty bad - I wonder how Goddard might perform in his role?

He just disrespects his opponent too often...way too much leg rope.

The 2nd qtr one where he ran 30 metres to try to impact a 4 on 4 and left McDonald out the back 20 from goal was just plain dumb.

He had goals kicked on him for once. A couple of those passes were unstoppable.
He has been great for us except for the odd game where he has been beaten on the day.
He was blocked at the back of the pack or he may well have punched that ball 40 metres down the field.
No complaints about the last where he did the same thing and took a pack mark and drove the footy inside fifty.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:01 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

We were horrendous for 3 quarters and in the end let one slip. Crazy game. Melbourne were gifted 5 goals from awful turnovers and bullshit umpiring.

Thought today was Jack's best game for the club. Turning into a classic utility that can get a job done wherever you want him. Levi continues his strong form.

Plowman is so shit it's not funny. He's just a liability. Jones played a stinker. Newman's decision making an's execution leaves a lot to be desired. So many players just couldn't get near it today and yet by done miracle we were up with 4 minutes to go with all the momentum. Not surprising it ended up being a fumble and a shit kick out of D50 that ended up costing us the game. Another one slips away but I'm really enjoying the Teague ride. It's exciting

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next