Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:18 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:56 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Watched the first quarter before having to head out.

@#$%&! filthy at our midfield, captain included. Got absolutely smashed. Game could of almost been out of reach at quarter time. Completely unacceptable and, once again, speaks to the mindset of our group.

Saw none of the second quarter.

Third quarter was unreal. Didn’t quite get enough reward on the scoreboard and those late Bullies goals really @#$%&! hurt.

To then not really give a yelp in the first half of the last was extremely deflating.

Guess we have to be happy that they didn’t throw in the towel and equally unhappy that we get ourselves in to that position in the first place?

We does it leave us? Still don’t really know right now...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:08 am 
Stephen Silvagni

robertbb wrote:
Just home from the game.

Really ticked off about a lot of things, most has been said but one thing I'd add is that H McKay is a dumb and lazy footballer. Has absolutely no idea when to lead and when he does, he barely gets out of a canter.

That occasion Simpson had the ball for kick-out, McKay was positioned just outside the centre square on the city-side wing. Simpson's looking the other way. Harry leads towards the flank. Simpson finally looks in H's direction by which time H is almost at the boundary line (at the 50m arc) and has nowhere to lead to. Simpson sees this and ends up slowing the kick down so H can now run on to it, tracking towards the goalsquare... by this point Harry's flat footed hands on hips and his defender gets in front of him, keeps him out of the play and the ball comes straight back in with interest...
Finally someone with sense, gov at least presents, Harry playing my reputation alone, reputation built on nothing. Only player not buying into the team ethos.
So very shit

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:11 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

ferdinand wrote:
First I want to acknowledge that we played poorly for too much of the night to be too shat off at losing. But was that free kick to Naughton against Weitering in the goalsquare there? Maybe it was clear on tv or from a different angle at the ground but even the Dogs fans around me were shaking their heads at that.
Good question....

If I had to guess, I would say it was the same 'I need to get involved' free that was paid against Marchbank at the end of the the third (when it had been kicked OOBOTF). That free resulted in a goal.... It was the only way the WB could get it out of our forward half.....

But Luckily the umpiring doesn't effect games....so clearly Weiters and Marchbank cost us the game....

Go Blues

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:12 am 
Bob Chitty

Kouta wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Kouta wrote:
Simpson cost us that game with his dreadful centering kick to Levi and turnover that lead to a Doggies goal. We running all over them before he made an awful decision to go inboard and kick to a contest. Terrible leadership by a senior player.

He probably kept us in the game early.
You don't think 3 undisciplined 50 metre penalties might have been costly? Blaming Simpson for the loss is a load of shit.

I take your point, but that kick was a load of shit and dumb football when we were pushing hard. Yet Murphy cops it for his leadership and even getting a game tonight. Murphy didn’t burn it when we were pushing in the third quarter. I’m reading Murphy should be dropped. :lol:

It’s not hard to look good in that third quarter. He has always been the ultimate downhill skier. Where was Murphy in the first half when we were playing poorly? 4 possessions for the whole first half! He did some good things in the second half when we were on top and he is skilled enough to keep his place but he doesn’t deserve to sit on the pedestal people put him on.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:19 am 
Rod McGregor

Blue4ever wrote:
Poor start again, good Teams would not even give us a look in if we start like last week or tonight.

So flat footed, no run, no dare and very little pressure.

Don't blame the umpires, yes there were poor decisions for both Teams. They were clearly the better team however we managed to dominate two periods of the game but it wasn't enough.

Exce;;ent summary. Just not good enough. Yet.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:26 am 
Ken Hunter

Just watched the replay.
Just before 3/4 time Cripps is flattened in the back on the wing. No free paid and the doggies run the ball down and is marked in front of goal.
There is 14 seconds to go.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:28 am 
Rod McGregor

Murphy is cooked. Took short steps when a strong effort was needed. A total passenger. Should retire now. Gives the side nothing. Never a leader and won't be now. Sad ending to a warrior that cannot handle the pressure. JSOS would have much better value. Walsh needs a left foot too.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:07 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Geez there's some negative flowers in here. Tonight was an absolute rollercoaster. Overall I thought it was really exciting. When we get a run on we are bloody exciting to watch. To lose was disappointing. And we probably didn't deserve it after the way we played for the majority. In the end, the dogs had more quality through the middle which was telling. But if I had my choice between tonight and the tripe we were serving up a month ago, I know what is rather have.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:29 am 
Bruce Doull

I agree cranium. Glad we made an entertaining game of it given in the first half it looked like we could lose by 50 points.

Awesome to have a player kick 7, but I think the slightly better side won.

Really felt like the umpires felt they just had to get involved in everything

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:44 am 
Banned

This club doesn't help with emotional roller coasters.

Completely steamrolled on the outside and spread. I'd like to see the club have courage and drop players that need a spell for few weeks to find touch and form.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:23 am 
Geoff Southby

Jiahao Blue wrote:
Murphy is cooked. Took short steps when a strong effort was needed. A total passenger. Should retire now. Gives the side nothing. Never a leader and won't be now. Sad ending to a warrior that cannot handle the pressure. JSOS would have much better value. Walsh needs a left foot too.

It’s like you prepared this at half time and refused to let any new evidence change your view.

I think a lot of people have certain expectations of players and if they don’t meet them then their immediately terrible. There’s no way JSOS offers more than murph at the moment.

Ask any opposition supporter, they would much rather face us without murph than with him.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:41 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Negatives? The bullshit philosophy of wanting an extra number behind the ball continues and tonight it hurt us badly. To see Newman as our loose behind the ball and to see the Dogs with an extra at the stoppages (where they were killing us) was doing my head in. The coaches were too stubborn or too slow to react but it's @#$%&! lunacy. Exactly what effect do they expect Newman to have? He can't impact as a third man in. He is poor overhead and his form is average at best.
At no stage did our spare impact. Instead it allowed the Dogs to utilise their spare, control the ball and pick holes in our zone.
Forget this bullshit about allowing the players to go out and play. That's why we're overpossessing at times and some players are playing their own game too often. You're coaches. Coach the @#$%&! team. Beveridge took us apart in the first half.

Looking at the positives, I always felt we could get back into the game. Even when we were 30+ points down. Over the past few years, we would have been rolled by 50+.
Cuningham some good moments. That crumb goal was a pisser. Cripps, Murphy, Fisher, Dow, Kreuzer and SPS flogged around the ball early yet we lost by 3 points.
Charlie. What a gun. For those calling for him to go down back or play on ball, :lol: . He's easily our best forward and a match winner. If we can keep him and he stays injury free, he'll be our most watchable and dynamic player since Kouta.

Poor discipline cost us in the end but it was an entertaining game. I'm glad I went.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:57 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Odds were against us
Let down from week before
Dogs off a bye not wanting to suffer the ridicule of losing to Carlton twice
Going for 2 in a row first since God knows when
Milestone game
And the biggest jinx Orange socks - don't think we have ever won wearing Orange socks

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:04 am 
Harry Vallence

I thought the turning point was sending Ed off for a rest late in the third quarter and then bringing him back on once Bont got a couple of important touches, at the expense of his brother who was on a roll, Dogs had just moved Naughton into the backline.

Seemed like we were content with a 7 point lead and had done enough. Instead went in a goal down having absolutely flogged them that quarter. Waste of momentum.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:08 am 
Stephen Silvagni

With the flakey over 26yo’s back running the asylum and setting the tone we dish up a flakey inconsistent performance.
Bad habits...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:13 am 
Bob Chitty

Rod Spooky Galt wrote:
I thought the turning point was sending Ed off for a rest late in the third quarter and then bringing him back on once Bont got a couple of important touches, at the expense of his brother who was on a roll, Dogs had just moved Naughton into the backline.

Seemed like we were content with a 7 point lead and had done enough. Instead went in a goal down having absolutely flogged them that quarter. Waste of momentum.

We all know Ed is an elite runner but even he needs a rest. The turning point was simply not being able to get him back on after his rest. He was ready and trying to come on before they kicked their two late goals but the play was on the other side of the ground. Just unfortunate bad luck more than anything.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:24 am 
Rod Ashman

It was back to the Ratten days with some fun, crazy footy. I hear what you are all saying, but having been watching the mechanical crap we have had to endure the past few years, last night was a wild ride.

Even with 10 minutes to go I assured my son we were still in the game....and we were. Lots of fun.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:32 am 
Geoff Southby

Gosh, I’ve been banging on about Charlie to anyone that will listen, warning them he’ll be a superstar......he’ll bring people to the game and be a reason why it’s still the best in the world.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:35 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I think a key turning point (in our favour) was when Liberatore went off injured in the 2nd quarter. Not too dissimilar to the previous week when Zorko got injured for the Lions.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:36 am 
Geoff Southby

Oops.

Last edited by TheBluesMuse on Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next