Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:09 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:45 am 
Vale 1953-2020

Has anyone here been banging on about Charlie?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:48 am 
Stephen Silvagni

moshe25 wrote:

Looks like he’s set to kick a lot of goals under the Teague game plan.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:57 am 
Stephen Kernahan

verbs wrote:
moshe25 wrote:

Looks like he’s set to kick a lot of goals under the Teague game plan.

Yes, he seems to be one puzzle Teague has solved quickly that BB had no idea about

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:06 am 
Robert Walls

MPH78 wrote:
Watched the first quarter before having to head out.

@#$%&! filthy at our midfield, captain included. Got absolutely smashed. Game could of almost been out of reach at quarter time. Completely unacceptable and, once again, speaks to the mindset of our group.

Saw none of the second quarter.

Third quarter was unreal. Didn’t quite get enough reward on the scoreboard and those late Bullies goals really @#$%&! hurt.

To then not really give a yelp in the first half of the last was extremely deflating.

Guess we have to be happy that they didn’t throw in the towel and equally unhappy that we get ourselves in to that position in the first place?

We does it leave us? Still don’t really know right now...

That's the only summary of the game you need

That trend then continued from the 28 min mark of the 3rd until the 17 min mark of the 4th

For mine, it was the worst of our honorable losses. We made them look like premiership favourites in that 1st qtr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:10 am 
John Nicholls

Sydney Blue wrote:
And the biggest jinx Orange socks - don't think we have ever won wearing Orange socks

Sakc Gorringe!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:15 am 
Rod Ashman

99prelim wrote:
MPH78 wrote:

@#$%&! filthy at our midfield, captain included. Got absolutely smashed. Game could of almost been out of reach at quarter time. Completely unacceptable and, once again, speaks to the mindset of our group.

Third quarter was unreal. Didn’t quite get enough reward on the scoreboard and those late Bullies goals really @#$%&! hurt.

To then not really give a yelp in the first half of the last was extremely deflating.

Guess we have to be happy that they didn’t throw in the towel and equally unhappy that we get ourselves in to that position in the first place?

That trend then continued from the 28 min mark of the 3rd until the 17 min mark of the 4th

For mine, it was the worst of our honorable losses. We made them look like premiership favourites in that 1st qtr

well to be fair most of their midfield did play in a flag a couple of years ago

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:16 am 
Stephen Silvagni

99prelim wrote:
MPH78 wrote:

It's a culture long established over 20 yrs. Flakey.

I wish Sheedy was 20 yrs younger. He'd be perfect for our young group.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:19 am 
Robert Walls

The_Cranium wrote:
Geez there's some negative flowers in here. Tonight was an absolute rollercoaster. Overall I thought it was really exciting. When we get a run on we are bloody exciting to watch. To lose was disappointing. And we probably didn't deserve it after the way we played for the majority. In the end, the dogs had more quality through the middle which was telling. But if I had my choice between tonight and the tripe we were serving up a month ago, I know what is rather have.

Wrong

We played sporadic exciting football against WB (round 5) PA, StK, Coll, Haw as well (and just in case you're thinking, Bolton needed to be sacked)

Tonight was only exciting for neutral supporters

For Carlton supporters, it was excrutiatingly frustrating

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:19 am 
Harry Vallence

Give me this brand of footy over the defensive shit any day of the week. It's exciting.
Early on we were smashed in the middle. Zac Fisher refuses to go get his own ball. Same goes for SPS but I though he lifted in the 3rd and started to put his head over the ball.
Teague has freed up Charlie and all of a sudden we are a chance of winning football matches again. He is one grabbing the football again which is pleasing. When he and Cripps fire on the same day we will roll a top 4 team. At the moment it's either or.

I thought despite our poor first half we were still in it at half time. So many mids were in single digit possession counts yet we were within 4 goals. We didn't put our dominance in the 3rd Quarter on the scoreboard. We should have been 2 or 3 goals up at 3 quarter time and you would think we had the running to finish them.
Daisy hit the post. LOB had a poor shot at goal with a few minutes to go in the 3rd. He had a vacant 50. I'm not sure why players are determined to shoot from 50 . He also than fumbled on the wing a minute later when we had a 3 on 1. The ball goes up the other end and for all our dominance, they score. Felt the team go flat after that and they started the 4th very flat.
Good effort to mount a second comeback but overall felt we let a very winnable game go.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:21 am 
Stephen Silvagni

99prelim wrote:
The_Cranium wrote:
Geez there's some negative flowers in here. Tonight was an absolute rollercoaster. Overall I thought it was really exciting. When we get a run on we are bloody exciting to watch. To lose was disappointing. And we probably didn't deserve it after the way we played for the majority. In the end, the dogs had more quality through the middle which was telling. But if I had my choice between tonight and the tripe we were serving up a month ago, I know what is rather have.

Wrong

We played sporadic exciting football against WB (round 5) PA, StK, Coll, Haw as well (and just in case you're thinking, Bolton needed to be sacked)

Bolton needed to be sakced because the senior flakes went on strike.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:27 am 
Robert Walls

doofdoof wrote:
99prelim wrote:
MPH78 wrote:

well to be fair most of their midfield did play in a flag a couple of years ago

And to be fair, this midfield has hardly set the world on fire since

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:38 am 
Robert Walls

moshe25 wrote:

He played really well mosh

It was 1 game. His season has been average thus far due to a variety of factors

I want to see wins where the contribution is shared

I grew up in the 70s and 80s where Carlton players never won the Brownlow or the Coleman but as a collective, we won games. I'm not comparing the sides of the two eras. I just don't want to go and watch one great player

I don't want us to become like a StK who'd go to watch Barker or Melbourne who'd go to watch Flower etc

Others may feel differently but Charlie's 7 goals didn't mitigate my frustration one bit last night as I walked out of the ground

And I'm happy to stand by my comments that Charlie could also play an outside midfield role in conjunction with his forward role.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:44 am 
Geoff Southby

My observations
The difference tonight was the dogs had Dunkley Macrae
Bontempilli and Liberatore

We had Cripps and that’s it
We got smashed out of the middle because of weight of numbers
Once Libba went off we were better off

Kennedy and Setterfield were recruited to lighten the load in this area
Both have failed to deliver so far
I watched Setters closely last night
He is an average player at best
One paced ordinary kick
Played mainly on the wing but when he was on the ball he outside the pack
like the rest of them except for Cripps and Curnow
I thought he was recruited to play in the guts.
Gibbons has copped plenty on this thread
He is a pure on baller and needs to play in the middle
He is a good reader of the ball in congestion
Dow needs a spell in the twos
He can’t find the pill and this will aid his development but I’m
a bit concerned he is a dumb footballer and a miss at pick 3

Plowman is a very average player. One of the worst kicks I have seen .
I would love posters who speak in such glowing terms of him to
specifically tell me and other doubters what they specifically like about him as a footballer
No vague rhetoric like “he plays his role” or shit like that because I reckon he is ordinary at his best
I would drop him and at the very least see what Schumacher has to offer in defence
At leastSchumacher can kick the ball

O’Brien could be another bust from the 2017 draft .
Very soft when the pressure is on
Other recruiters were surprised he went at pick 10

And McGovern
Well The MC need to drop this bloke
Given our history at the selection table with the no knackers policy
I severely doubt it
It could go down as worse a trade than the Mansfield/ Chapman beauty unless
our esteemed protected List Manager can jag a champ with the extra third round pick
we acquired from the trade

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:46 am 
Rod Ashman

99prelim wrote:
The_Cranium wrote:

Wrong

i dont know...i was there and last night felt different...e.g. the saints game and the swans game were the ones where i left wanting to rip my hair out because it felt as if we didn't believe at any stage we could win. the games were close enough for us to win them but we played like we were happy to lose by a respectable amount

i didn't feel that last night. we were pretty ordinary for most of the first half and typically under those scenarios we wilt and lose by big margins. i don't remember the last time we kicked 5 goals in 7 minutes??

as a side note, that's 2 weeks in a row where we have produced dominant 3rd quarters (5.5 last week & 4.6 plus 2 OOF). we need to turn those into 7 or 8 goal quarters..

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:59 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

99prelim wrote:
moshe25 wrote:

I grew up in the 70s and 80s where Carlton players never won the Brownlow or the Coleman but as a collective, we won games. I'm not comparing the sides of the two eras. I just don't want to go and watch one great player

I don't want us to become like a StK who'd go to watch Barker or Melbourne who'd go to watch Flower etc

Others may feel differently but Charlie's 7 goals didn't mitigate my frustration one bit last night as I walked out of the ground

And I'm happy to stand by my comments that Charlie could also play an outside midfield role in conjunction with his forward role.

Think of it as an engine that was sitting festering in the shed.
You turn it over once and Crippa fires.
The second turn and Charlie and Cunningham spark up.
Turn again and a few more come to life.
Turn 5 or 6 and suddenly the engine is purring. All the parts in perfect sync giving a smooth and stable ride with plenty of guts in the tank . For extra burst just accelerate.
We've got this.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:05 am 
Vale 1953-2020

99prelim wrote:
moshe25 wrote:

The whooshest of whooshes.

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:11 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

We need a ruckman that can push the ball to our advantage (consistently) at Centre bounces and our midfield (Cripps) needs big bodied assistance in the middle for those Centre clearances, and that’s just to keep us in the game, to win games we need run out of the backline and forwards that can keep the ball in our forward line once the ball hits the ground.

SOS are you able to deliver those - you haven’t been able to over the past 4 years.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:25 am 
Harry Vallence

Humpers wrote:
I think a key turning point (in our favour) was when Liberatore went off injured in the 2nd quarter. Not too dissimilar to the previous week when Zorko got injured for the Lions.

Spot on otherwise we would have had a 50 to 60 point thumping

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:29 am 
Geoff Southby

AGRO wrote:
We need a ruckman that can push the ball to our advantage (consistently) at Centre bounces and our midfield (Cripps) needs big bodied assistance in the middle for those Centre clearances, and that’s just to keep us in the game, to win games we need run out of the backline and forwards that can keep the ball in our forward line once the ball hits the ground.

SOS are you able to deliver those - you haven’t been able to over the past 4 years.

Unlikely with a pick around 15 and 2 third rounders :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:41 am 
Rod McGregor

Adam Chatfield wrote:
Jiahao Blue wrote:
Murphy is cooked. Took short steps when a strong effort was needed. A total passenger. Should retire now. Gives the side nothing. Never a leader and won't be now. Sad ending to a warrior that cannot handle the pressure. JSOS would have much better value. Walsh needs a left foot too.

It’s like you prepared this at half time and refused to let any new evidence change your view.

I think a lot of people have certain expectations of players and if they don’t meet them then their immediately terrible. There’s no way JSOS offers more than murph at the moment.

Ask any opposition supporter, they would much rather face us without murph than with him.

I know for a fact he isn't rated now by other clubs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next