Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:35 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:15 pm 
Bruce Doull

https://twitter.com/carltonfc/status/11 ... 08352?s=21

46 of the worst

He was well beaten and we were killed at stoppages.

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:18 pm 
Ken Hands

First I want to acknowledge that we played poorly for too much of the night to be too shat off at losing. But was that free kick to Naughton against Weitering in the goalsquare there? Maybe it was clear on tv or from a different angle at the ground but even the Dogs fans around me were shaking their heads at that.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:22 pm 
Ken Hunter

Just home from the game.
We played some unbelievable footy at times and some terrible footy.
Shame we had such a slow start.
Umpiring was terrible again, that deliberate out of bounds was a joke.
The AFL can get stuffed. Behavioural Awareness officers? You have to be kidding.
I yelled my displeasure at the umpiring, along with most of the area I sit in.
I am giving myself a week off.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:24 pm 
Geoff Southby

jim wrote:
It's a different Carlton. In what universe do we kick 100, kick 5 goals in 8 min, come from 34pts down twice and lose by 3pts. Found a way to lose, just managed to do it differently.

Suppose it will take a while to get used to a new game plan.

What BS! You can paint your excuse any way you want.

The facts are, 8 rounds ago we won by 44pts and tonight we had an “Honarable” loss of 3 points. We have a new coach, new game day tactics and an apparent new game plan. Yet we overwhelmingly underperformed.

So in your words, the coach has lost the players, our game plan is s$&t and we should sack the coach.

Or maybe it could just be we have a team of kids (especially in the middle) and the need for an alleged gun forward was more of a priority than a mature a grade mid. And the only thing that will fix this club is more mature mids and time.

BB, says hi!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:25 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Kouta wrote:
Simpson cost us that game with his dreadful centering kick to Levi and turnover that lead to a Doggies goal. We running all over them before he made an awful decision to go inboard and kick to a contest. Terrible leadership by a senior player.

He probably kept us in the game early.
You don't think 3 undisciplined 50 metre penalties might have been costly? Blaming Simpson for the loss is a load of shit.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:25 pm 
Robert Walls

grrofunger wrote:
Stranger wrote:
Gibbons is our new turn over king surely there is someone else we can
bring in

Yeah I really don’t see what he brings us.

A helluva lot more than McGovern

No positives to take from the game. Went to sleep for too long then decide to put the foot on the pedal

WTF were our mids doing in the first qtr?

Our problem is not that we can't win games...it's that we can't bury sides early on and just put ourselves under pressure at the end

Repeat..For mine, no positives to take from the game. F##$%* so frustrating

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:29 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

kezza wrote:
Just home from the game.
We played some unbelievable footy at times and some terrible footy.
Shame we had such a slow start.
Umpiring was terrible again, that deliberate out of bounds was a joke.
The AFL can get stuffed. Behavioural Awareness officers? You have to be kidding.
I yelled my displeasure at the umpiring, along with most of the area I sit in.
I am giving myself a week off.

So sad to read.

Go Joffa.

I'm boycotting my next 3 interstate games and 3 Melb ga es in tne 2nd half.
Such a sad state of affairs with the current AFL Commission.
Have not seen the in field game in a worse state since I wan driving age: 40 years of adult life.

I DONT RECOGNIZE THE RULES OF THE AFL GAME ANYMORE.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:30 pm 
Bob Chitty

i dont know how you blokes cant take a positive from it.

ive had more fun at the footy in the last two weeks than i have for years..

yeah, we where shocking in the first half, but somehow we where never really out of it ... when we take the game on, we are fun to watch, i think we just need to believe in ourselves a little mroe and take the game on more ...

a few players down, still dont understand why silvagni was dropped ... if it was to bring murphy in, i dont know if murphy brought anything to the game, if anything i think we would get more defensive 50 efforts out of JSOS that we do from Murphy..

really think Levi is turning into a decent "my fix it" playing in ruck and defence and would have him ahead of Plowman if we need to drop someone to bring in Jones ... we cant drop Levi, but then again, i dont understand why we dropped JSOS who i thought had been going really well...

JSOS in for Murphy/McGovern
Kerr in for McKay (I think he needs a run in twos to get some form, and Kerr should be rewarded for his efforts)
Jones in for Plowman

and FFS, if we arent into English to get him as our next Ruckmen we are mental .. he is a talent and fits the age demographic. im a big fan of this kid

Last edited by ScottSaunders2 on Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:31 pm 
Robert Walls

koutahootarootafides wrote:
McGovern is useless, Gibbons seems useless

Gibbons needs to play in the middle. full stop. period

I'd be dropping SPS, Murph and Gov before Gibbons

And Ive said this before...Daisy needs to become the captain of the forward line

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:33 pm 
Craig Bradley

Sidefx wrote:
jim wrote:
It's a different Carlton. In what universe do we kick 100, kick 5 goals in 8 min, come from 34pts down twice and lose by 3pts. Found a way to lose, just managed to do it differently.

The facts are, 8 rounds ago we won by 44pts and tonight we had an “Honarable” loss of 3 points. We have a new coach, new game day tactics and an apparent new game plan. Yet we overwhelmingly underperformed.

So in your words, the coach has lost the players, our game plan is s$&t and we should sack the coach.

Or maybe it could just be we have a team of kids (especially in the middle) and the need for an alleged gun forward was more of a priority than a mature a grade mid. And the only thing that will fix this club is more mature mids and time.

BB, says hi!

You got a clue?

We kicked 100, how often does that happen so there's obvious to everyone but the dumb that there's a change, have 1 from 2, playing a different brand of football, that will obviously take time. You know why it will take time, because the other bloke was so hopeless that age will take ages to break the habits. You think change like that from the previous rubbish will happen in 2 games?

If you stop sooking after being wrong you would know that. 4 from 43 says that. You backed a loser.

Jog on.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:33 pm 
John Nicholls

Just home from the game.

Really ticked off about a lot of things, most has been said but one thing I'd add is that H McKay is a dumb and lazy footballer. Has absolutely no idea when to lead and when he does, he barely gets out of a canter.

That occasion Simpson had the ball for kick-out, McKay was positioned just outside the centre square on the city-side wing. Simpson's looking the other way. Harry leads towards the flank. Simpson finally looks in H's direction by which time H is almost at the boundary line (at the 50m arc) and has nowhere to lead to. Simpson sees this and ends up slowing the kick down so H can now run on to it, tracking towards the goalsquare... by this point Harry's flat footed hands on hips and his defender gets in front of him, keeps him out of the play and the ball comes straight back in with interest...

Last edited by robertbb on Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:34 pm 
Craig Bradley

99prelim wrote:
koutahootarootafides wrote:
McGovern is useless, Gibbons seems useless

Gibbons needs to play in the middle. full stop. period

I'd be dropping SPS, Murph and Gov before Gibbons

And Ive said this before...Daisy needs to become the captain of the forward line

Gibbons has actually had a decent year, especially when he's in the middle.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:36 pm 
Ken Hunter

Gibbons has been decent to good all year.

Agree on Gov and McKay tho..

Also, someone just teach our players to flop down for the odd free kick.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:37 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

3 POINT LOSS

Either-

a. More bad playing decisions or

b. more bad umpiring decisions

When its a 3 point game the umpire interference does come into the conversation.

We have to get back p the ladder to get the AFL and th umpkres off our back.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:38 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
Kouta wrote:
Simpson cost us that game with his dreadful centering kick to Levi and turnover that lead to a Doggies goal. We running all over them before he made an awful decision to go inboard and kick to a contest. Terrible leadership by a senior player.

You don't think 3 undisciplined 50 metre penalties might have been costly? Blaming Simpson for the loss is a load of shit.

I take your point, but that kick was a load of shit and dumb football when we were pushing hard. Yet Murphy cops it for his leadership and even getting a game tonight. Murphy didn’t burn it when we were pushing in the third quarter. I’m reading Murphy should be dropped. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:40 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

robertbb wrote:
Just home from the game.

Really ticked off about a lot of things, most has been said but one thing I'd add is that H McKay is a dumb and lazy footballer. Has absolutely no idea when to lead and when he does, he barely gets out of a canter.

That occasion Simpson had the ball for kick-out, McKay was positioned just outside the centre square on the city-side wing. Simpson's looking the other way. Harry leads towards the flank. Simpson finally looks in H's direction by which time H is almost at the boundary line (at the 50m arc) and has nowhere to lead to. Simpson sees this and ends up slowing the kick down so H can now run on to it, tracking towards the goalsquare... by this point Harry's flat footed hands on hips and his defender gets in front of him, keeps him out of the play and the ball comes straight back in with interest...

Gotta say I feel ghe same for many more players too.

Just start with AFL 101 TaCKLING...(i).Making a tacckle stick .... repeat stick

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:43 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Kouta wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Kouta wrote:

I take your point, but that kick was a load of shit and dumb football when we were pushing hard. Yet Murphy cops it for his leadership and even getting a game tonight. Murphy didn’t burn it when we were pushing in the third quarter. I’m reading Murphy should be dropped. :lol:

Simpson wasnt the problem.Easy to get nick pickety.

Just friggin contest with your with effort to stick a tackle. or bump em off the line

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:48 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

ScottSaunders2 wrote:
i dont know how you blokes cant take a positive from it.

ive had more fun at the footy in the last two weeks than i have for years..

yeah, we where shocking in the first half, but somehow we where never really out of it ... when we take the game on, we are fun to watch, i think we just need to believe in ourselves a little more and take the game on more ...

Plenty of positives at half way point

2 wins
3 losses by less than a goal (shouldve win all of them)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:50 pm 
Robert Walls

bondiblue wrote:
robertbb wrote:
Just home from the game.

Gotta say I feel ghe same for many more players too.

Just start with AFL 101 TaCKLING...(i).Making a tacckle stick .... repeat stick

Tackling 101: Tackle below elbow so that handball cant be executed
Tackling 102: About 0.5-1sec before you tackle, open your arms out so that by the time you tackle, you've got some momentum going before the vice like grip

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:51 pm 
Geoff Southby

jim wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
jim wrote:

BB, says hi!

You got a clue?

We kicked 100, how often does that happen so there's obvious to everyone but the dumb that there's a change, have 1 from 2, playing a different brand of football, that will obviously take time. You know why it will take time, because the other bloke was so hopeless that age will take ages to break the habits. You think change like that from the previous rubbish will happen in 2 games?

If you stop sooking after being wrong you would know that. 4 from 43 says that. You backed a loser.

Jog on.

Clearly more of a clue than you, Jimbob.

We kicked 101 in round 5 but with a better structured defence. Not sure what deluded point your making but that is the fact.

As for your other excuses about time and getting rid of bad habits etc, from the bloke that thinks the head coach can change a players kicking ability and decision making in a week is laughable.

And I’ll leave the sooking up to you, you’re pretty good at it.

:thumbsup:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next