Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:30 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:06 pm 
Rod Ashman

Gibbons turned it over 3 times in a row early in the 3rd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:07 pm 
Robert Walls

Asp wrote:
Jiahao Blue wrote:
Adam Chatfield wrote:
Jiahao Blue wrote:
Murphy is cooked. Took short steps when a strong effort was needed. A total passenger. Should retire now. Gives the side nothing. Never a leader and won't be now. Sad ending to a warrior that cannot handle the pressure. JSOS would have much better value. Walsh needs a left foot too.

It’s like you prepared this at half time and refused to let any new evidence change your view.

I think a lot of people have certain expectations of players and if they don’t meet them then their immediately terrible. There’s no way JSOS offers more than murph at the moment.

Ask any opposition supporter, they would much rather face us without murph than with him.

I know for a fact he isn't rated now by other clubs.

He is still our third best midfielder and there is a big gap after him to number 4

So you're saying O'Brien is our fourth best midfielder?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:11 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

99prelim wrote:
AGRO wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
Just finished watching the replay, agree Harry was pretty lazy and useless but if the umpires had paid the clear fifty to him and he kicked the goal he would have had two and we would have won.

He marked the ball then went to kick it and a bulldogs player ran straight him front of him and stopped him kicking, so he stopped and appealed to the umpire who simply called play in and forced him to bomb it long to a contest. Sliding doors.

We might have won the free kick count, but they won the free kicks that cost us the game count.

Please note the superfluous vowel in the word count.

Are our posts now also regulated by word counts?

It's become a nanny state on this site as well as at Marvel Stadium
Why do you say that, 99?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:28 pm 
formerly Josh Kaplan

Still shitty we lost to this mob.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:38 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

JK wrote:
Still shitty we lost to this mob.

every right to be

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:10 pm 
Ken Hands

99prelim wrote:
AGRO wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
Just finished watching the replay, agree Harry was pretty lazy and useless but if the umpires had paid the clear fifty to him and he kicked the goal he would have had two and we would have won.

He marked the ball then went to kick it and a bulldogs player ran straight him front of him and stopped him kicking, so he stopped and appealed to the umpire who simply called play in and forced him to bomb it long to a contest. Sliding doors.

We might have won the free kick count, but they won the free kicks that cost us the game count.

Yep I need a break from this nanny state. I’ll see you next Tuesday.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:44 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

99prelim wrote:
The_Cranium wrote:
Geez there's some negative flowers in here. Tonight was an absolute rollercoaster. Overall I thought it was really exciting. When we get a run on we are bloody exciting to watch. To lose was disappointing. And we probably didn't deserve it after the way we played for the majority. In the end, the dogs had more quality through the middle which was telling. But if I had my choice between tonight and the tripe we were serving up a month ago, I know what is rather have.

Wrong

We played sporadic exciting football against WB (round 5) PA, StK, Coll, Haw as well (and just in case you're thinking, Bolton needed to be sacked)

Tonight was only exciting for neutral supporters

For Carlton supporters, it was excrutiatingly frustrating

I love that my opinion is wrong. If only I was a true Carlton supporter... flog

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:31 pm 
Robert Walls

moshe25 wrote:
99prelim wrote:
AGRO wrote:
sinbagger wrote:

Why do you say that, 99?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I was being a smart alec...saying that now we have word counts when Agro meant to say, word "count"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:32 pm 
Robert Walls

ferdinand wrote:
99prelim wrote:
AGRO wrote:
sinbagger wrote:

Yep I need a break from this nanny state. I’ll see you next Tuesday.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Going on a short vagation are you?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:40 pm 
Robert Walls

The_Cranium wrote:
99prelim wrote:
The_Cranium wrote:
Geez there's some negative flowers in here. Tonight was an absolute rollercoaster. Overall I thought it was really exciting. When we get a run on we are bloody exciting to watch. To lose was disappointing. And we probably didn't deserve it after the way we played for the majority. In the end, the dogs had more quality through the middle which was telling. But if I had my choice between tonight and the tripe we were serving up a month ago, I know what is rather have.

Wrong

We played sporadic exciting football against WB (round 5) PA, StK, Coll, Haw as well (and just in case you're thinking, Bolton needed to be sacked)

When your "opinion" includes personal attacks like, 'negative flowers' and 'flog', I'd suggest you develop some resilience and accept some feedback

And if it was that hurtful, villifying, slanderous and abusive, "wrong" that I used in my opening sentence, please accept my most disingenuous apology

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:27 pm 
Bruce Comben

[quote="CFC8795] The deliberate out of bounds against Weitering did my head in :donk:[/quote]

cracked it, went outside

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:37 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

99prelim wrote:
The_Cranium wrote:
99prelim wrote:
The_Cranium wrote:

Wrong

When your "opinion" includes personal attacks like, 'negative flowers' and 'flog', I'd suggest you develop some resilience and accept some feedback

And if it was that hurtful, villifying, slanderous and abusive, "wrong" that I used in my opening sentence, please accept my most disingenuous apology

Thank you oh true Carlton supporter. I hope one day to be a real one too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:54 am 
Rod Ashman

keogh wrote:
AGRO wrote:
We need a ruckman that can push the ball to our advantage (consistently) at Centre bounces and our midfield (Cripps) needs big bodied assistance in the middle for those Centre clearances, and that’s just to keep us in the game, to win games we need run out of the backline and forwards that can keep the ball in our forward line once the ball hits the ground.

SOS are you able to deliver those - you haven’t been able to over the past 4 years.

Unlikely with a pick around 15 and 2 third rounders :wink:

you really do want sos, and the club by extension, to fail, dont ya Keogh?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:00 am 
Rod Ashman

AGRO wrote:
sinbagger wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:36 am 
Geoff Southby

bender wrote:
keogh wrote:
AGRO wrote:
We need a ruckman that can push the ball to our advantage (consistently) at Centre bounces and our midfield (Cripps) needs big bodied assistance in the middle for those Centre clearances, and that’s just to keep us in the game, to win games we need run out of the backline and forwards that can keep the ball in our forward line once the ball hits the ground.

SOS are you able to deliver those - you haven’t been able to over the past 4 years.

Sos and the club are separate
IMO the club can’t be successful on the field with him being there.
He isn’t a good list manager and the board are thick when it comes to constructing
a successful footy club. His relationship with certain board members is “ too close”
It seems to me that when a new board member comes on board they are cut from the same
cloth. The club is tied to the Mathiesons through the pokies money
This is great for getting the club out of the massive debt they have been in but wrong appointments are made like getting SOS who then gets Brodie etc

Let me asked you question
Are you surprised we are 2 wins and 11 losses

I’m not. Have a read of the list management 2018 thread.
From about page 104. I was disgusted by what our List Management team did
It was the old Carlton back in town.
The quick fix mentality was back
The “strategic action plan” should have been revised after a 2/20 season
with a percentage under 60.The Mc Govern trade so far is a shocker
Knowbody should be surprised.That’s the way he has played all his career.
We are crying out for runners and midfielders and pressure forwards and we get him
and give up 3 potentially good players who we need to be patient with for an undersized
one trick pony. 700000 a season and not for the first time this year doesn’t lay one tackle

I am convinced some posters don’t watch much footy other than Carlton games
Certainly not many Crows games over the years because that’s the way Mc Govern has always played and where stuck with him for another
4 years . It’s called living in the Carlton bubble. It’s just another dumb annoying trade.

Do I want the club to be successful Yes but it won’t be with the empty suits running the club. Sacking 5 coaches before their contracts expire and numerous changes elsewhere whilst board members have the god driven right to have 12 should be enough to convince supporters that something’s wrong unless you
live your life through rose coloured glasses.
unquestioned years

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:44 am 
Geoff Southby

keogh wrote:
bender wrote:
keogh wrote:
AGRO wrote:

Sos and the club are separate
IMO the club can’t be successful on the field with him being there.
He isn’t a good list manager and the board are thick when it comes to constructing
a successful footy club. His relationship with certain board members is “ too close”
It seems to me that when a new board member comes on board they are cut from the same
cloth. The club is tied to the Mathiesons through the pokies money
This is great for getting the club out of the massive debt they have been in but wrong appointments are made like getting SOS who then gets Brodie etc

Let me asked you question i

I’m not. Have a read of the list management 2018 thread.
From about page 104. I was disgusted by what our List Management team did
It was the old Carlton back in town.
The quick fix mentality was back
The “strategic action plan” should have been revised after a 2/20 season
with a percentage under 60.The Mc Govern trade so far is a shocker
Knowbody should be surprised.That’s the way he has played all his career.
We are crying out for runners and midfielders and pressure forwards and we get him
and give up 3 potentially good players who we need to be patient with for an undersized
one trick pony. 700000 a season and not for the first time this year doesn’t lay one tackle

I am convinced some posters don’t watch much footy other than Carlton games
Certainly not many Crows games over the years because that’s the way Mc Govern has always played and where stuck with him for another
4 years . It’s called living in the Carlton bubble. It’s just another dumb annoying trade.

Do I want the club to be successful Yes but it won’t be with the empty suits running the club. Sacking 5 coaches before their contracts expire and numerous changes elsewhere whilst board members have the god driven right to have 12 should be enough to convince supporters that something’s wrong unless you
live your life through rose coloured glasses

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:02 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

keogh wrote:
I’m not.

Keogh, the reason we are so poor is beacause we stuffed up 7 drafts in a row from 2008 to 2014 (except Cripps). It really is that simple. It isn't because of what we've done from 2015 to present.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:10 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Humpers wrote:
keogh wrote:
I’m not.

Keogh, the reason we are so poor is beacause we stuffed up 7 drafts in a row from 2008 to 2014 (except Cripps). It really is that simple. It isn't because of what we've done from 2015 to present.

The reason we are where we are at the moment is because we’ve stuffed up the last 4 trade periods.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:57 am 
Craig Bradley

AGRO wrote:
Humpers wrote:
keogh wrote:
I’m not.

The reason we are where we are at the moment is because we’ve stuffed up the last 4 trade periods.

Most of those trades were steak knives or delisted free agents just trying to find big bodies for the kids. SOS made it clear they were VFL players and needed for the kids. While you're picking kids with your picks you're not able to use those picks to get top players. The plan was to go to the draft for 3 years and use the picks there. We have set up a decent side through the draft, just lack the good 24-27yos, not for the lack of trying, mostly because no-one decent wants to come to us.

We got ourselves in this position because we stuffed up every from from the 90s to 2014.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:24 am 
Harry Vallence

keogh wrote:
live your life through rose coloured glasses

First - no coaches are sacked at the end of their contract with succession plan the only exception

Second - What do you think the board is responsible for?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next