Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:01 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:49 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Bluey44 wrote:
kezza wrote:
According to a poster on BF SOS was seen arriving at Perth airport at around lunch time today.

That's strange, my dry cleaner's brother reckons he saw SOS down at Glenferrie Road having Tim Tams with Clarko...
Which sauce to believe...?

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw him pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:57 pm 
Robert Walls

Bluey44 wrote:
kezza wrote:
According to a poster on BF SOS was seen arriving at Perth airport at around lunch time today.

That's strange, my dry cleaner's brother reckons he saw SOS down at Glenferrie Road having Tim Tams with Clarko...

Now if it were your brother's drycleaner and not your drycleaner's brother, the former is the one to believe

As you know, sources don't follow the multiplicative law

Brother's drycleaner > Dry cleaner's brother

If we're talking about an enemy of your dry cleaner's brother, the inequality reverses

Eg

The enemy of my brother's dry cleaner < The enemy of my dry cleaner's brother

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:12 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

DocSherrin III wrote:
Bluey44 wrote:
kezza wrote:

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw him pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
Save SOS?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:09 am 
Harry Vallence

kingkerna wrote:
DocSherrin III wrote:
Bluey44 wrote:
kezza wrote:

Save SOS?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

SOSOS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:03 am 
Robert Walls

I won't believe anything until I hear a further update from Sellers - he's the only reliable sauce we can trust

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:06 pm 
Ken Hunter

Mentioned in today's HUN that clubs believe that SOS is a possibility to move on.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:41 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

kezza wrote:
Mentioned in today's HUN that clubs believe that SOS is a possibility to move on.

and a possibility not to. quality journalism.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:12 pm 
Ken Hunter

A few posters on BF saying SOS is off to Freo at the end of the year.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:14 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

SOS has done what wrong ? Fish, Marchy, Plough, Kennedy, Samo, Gibbo, and of course Walshy.....all SOS picks, and all playing great under Teaguey. Nothing wrong with SOS.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:03 am 
Banned

kezza wrote:
A few posters on BF saying SOS is off to Freo at the end of the year.

Unlikely.

List Management isnt just about list rebuilding. He has to fit everyone under the cap with the right player contracts. He has a tonne of work in front of him as some youngsters are approaching 23-25 year old bracket where they demand fat contracts.

..I don't think he will walk unless we win flags.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:27 am 
Stephen Kernahan

That's not his job...you should perhaps take some time to understand who does what at your club.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:24 am 
Craig Bradley

Fair bit riding on SOS’s departure at the end of the year. With Teague’s stock rising, there is an opportunity to redeploy a significant chunk of SOS’s pay packet into coaching & development.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:39 am 
Bob Chitty

Has any reputable source said SOS is leaving or was it just a rumour given how bad we were performing earlier this year. How does SOS look like anything but a boss after the last 6 weeks?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:48 pm 
Geoff Southby

Question is,does the club want SOS out or does SOS want out of the club ? we are motoring beautifully at the moment.Hope its all BS.Good time to consolidate for mine.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:12 pm 
John Nicholls

Unless there is dissent within the club (I don't believe there is, now Bolton is gone), I doubt SOS will leave. Particularly given his friendship with MlG.

His list management is starting to look very, very good. And now we're looking like Brisbane last year... ready to catch the comp blindsided... he will be able to bring in some very good players for next year. Why would he want to go right when he can put the finishing strokes on his painting?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:19 pm 
Craig Bradley

robertbb wrote:
Unless there is dissent within the club (I don't believe there is, now Bolton is gone), I doubt SOS will leave. Particularly given his friendship with MlG.

His list management is starting to look very, very good. And now we're looking like Brisbane last year... ready to catch the comp blindsided... he will be able to bring in some very good players for next year. Why would he want to go right when he can put the finishing strokes on his painting?

The list has got more holes than a crumpet and he's got no room in the cap to pay the emerging talent.

He's done ok, but not 'General Manager's salary in a luxury tax environment' ok.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:17 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Crusader wrote:
robertbb wrote:

The list has got more holes than a crumpet and he's got no room in the cap to pay the emerging talent.

He's done ok, but not 'General Manager's salary in a luxury tax environment' ok.

He's done very well really, with most of the guys he's picked up all starting to contribute nicely....Setters, Gibbo, Kennedy, Newman, Marchy, Ploughman and all the draft picks Fish, Harry, Samo, Dow and of course Walsh but he was a no brainer. Not to mention that we look like at least breaking even with the Stocker trade.

Our biggest needs now are Ruck and small forwards, and a Coniglio. I'm trusting SOS and co. to get the job done (to use a Teagueism) :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:03 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

Crusader wrote:
robertbb wrote:

Can you justify the statement in bold?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:36 pm 
Rod Ashman

Crusader wrote:
robertbb wrote:

where did you get the no room in the cap info from?

been told we've not paid at 100% of the cap for a while and have built a war chest for future recruits..

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:58 pm 
Craig Bradley

moshe25 wrote:
Crusader wrote:
robertbb wrote:

Can you justify the statement in bold?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Crumpets have a lot of holes in them. Although, I suppose you could say that since they don’t go all the way through, they’d be more properly categorised as divots.

Footy wise, we’re:
Too light in the middle without Cripps.
Fisher, Gibbons, Lang & Deluca aren’t the answer for that forward role.
An untenable ruck solution.
Simpson & Thomas on borrowed time. Docherty unlikely. Plowman & Newman ok, but limited to the easy kicks.

There’s nobody knocking on the door to take these spots. The injured brigade are in other positions.

Just my opinion, obviously.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next