Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:08 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:15 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Tag Neale, amazing what’s happens.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:18 pm 
Craig Bradley

Casboult was pretty good as well.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:22 pm 
Craig Bradley

Stefchook wrote:
Pros:

Finally, some encouragement, after a pretty bleak month.
Effort, and attractive ball movement.
Cripps, Ed, Walsh and Gibbons. Makes a difference having some more hardened bodies around the ball.
Weiters and Charlie were good.
Probably LOB's best game.
Encouraging performances again from Cuningham and Dow.

Cons:

Twice we should have rushed the ball over the goal line, and conceded unnecessary goals.
Some of the play on from marks/frees in the first half was reckless. Ended up running straight into tacklers.
Harry was towelled up by Harris Andrews.
Liked to see a little more from SPS and Fisher.

That part they were probably trying to be creative and didn't know how.

Beauty about having the 3 talls is the likes of Harris Andrews can only play on and towel one of them up. Altough if Harry kicked straight it would've looked better on top of his 6 marks.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:28 pm 
Craig Bradley

Stefchook wrote:
Casboult was pretty good as well.

Who would've thought a few years ago that Jones and Levi would've been 2 of our prime backmen...lol.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:28 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Effes wrote:
Super effort from Ed Curnow on Neale after HT.

Think Neale had 25 to HT then 6 in the second half.

Weitering very good....even Casboult a decent a game. Marchbank took some intercept marks too.

Charlie finding form.

:thumbsup: all this.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:29 pm 
Geoff Southby

Weitering was geat all day
Gibbons is a good footballer
Smart player
Curnow both very good

Still some ordinary players
Cripps can’t play like that every week

They need to back it up

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:30 pm 
formerly King Kenny

What a game by Gibbons.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:31 pm 
formerly King Kenny

keogh wrote:
Smart player
Curnow both very good

They need to back it up

Disposal out of the backline is still a major concern. Plowman numerous turnovers, Simpson not much better, Newman a couple. Casboult we expect them.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:31 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

The Normal One wrote:

They’ve been sitting on Cripps for the past month - today he just had enough of it.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:32 pm 
Harry Vallence

AGRO wrote:
The Normal One wrote:

They’ve been sitting on Cripps for the past month - today he just had enough of it.

Umpires made the statement early on by giving him frees. About time

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:34 pm 
Craig Bradley

Setters needs to work on his goalkicking. But he's got a lot of tools to work with. Reckon he'll be a gun.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:35 pm 
Garry Crane

I have never seen such a dominating game from a player and a captain (maybe I'm forgetting the Kouta era :grin: ), but Cripps was just on another level today, literally willed and dragged the team to victory and really set the standard. I have been a little internally critical of him this year, sometimes I think he is a bit too cute and not damaging enough with his possessions, but today he was superhuman.

He should really get all six available Brownlow votes, as it was Cripps ... then a huge amount of daylight ... to a very good game by Walsh, then take your pick from a number of others.

Hard to see any real passengers today, better games by many who have struggled previously. it was a bit like they were trying to figure out how to play the new game plan in the first quarter, but once it reasonably clicked into place, it was really a one horse race after early in the second quarter.

Go Blues!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:38 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Scotty12000 wrote:
AGRO wrote:
The Normal One wrote:

Umpires made the statement early on by giving him frees. About time

It was really noticeable. I wonder if someone had a quiet word during the week.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:40 pm 
Craig Bradley

mjs wrote:
I have never seen such a dominating game from a player and a captain (maybe I'm forgetting the Kouta era :grin: ), but Cripps was just on another level today, literally willed and dragged the team to victory and really set the standard. I have been a little internally critical of him this year, sometimes I think he is a bit too cute and not damaging enough with his possessions, but today he was superhuman.

He should really get all six available Brownlow votes, as it was Cripps ... then a huge amount of daylight ... to a very good game by Walsh, then take your pick from a number of others.

Hard to see any real passengers today, better games by many who have struggled previously. it was a bit like they were trying to figure out how to play the new game plan in the first quarter, but once it reasonably clicked into place, it was really a one horse race after early in the second quarter.

Go Blues!

He needs to kick a better torp...haha.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:40 pm 
Robert Walls

keogh wrote:
Smart player
Curnow both very good

They need to back it up

A 1-10 team
Just sacked the coach
Down 40-3 against a team about to jump into the top 4

Sometimes it’s fun, even to say to yourself, that was fun. Otherwise what’s the point?

(And there nothing incorrect about what you said, but it’s fun to enjoy winning just a little and show it)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:41 pm 
Harry Vallence

Three players to have hardly had a mention

Jack Silvagni - his efforts today were amazing - first second third and more when in a contest lead they way early.

Paddy Dow - this kid might have flaws but he knows where the footy is and has not trouble winning it.

Gibbo - this bloke may not have a long career but he is making the most of the chances afforded to him.

Special mentions to Fish and the whipping boy obrien.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:48 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Stefchook wrote:
Setters needs to work on his goalkicking. But he's got a lot of tools to work with. Reckon he'll be a gun.

Absolutely.
His quick clean hands in close are valuable. A full pre-season will do him wonders.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:49 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

More than anything it was our skills letting us down early. Really should of had 3 or 4 goals on the board in the first 15-20 mins.

Bit too reckless trying to go fast too.

I’m still concerned with our disposal coming out of the back half. Too many that turn it over or miss easy targets.

Don’t want to talk negatives. Let’s enjoy this.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:49 pm 
Garry Crane

MarkNo3 wrote:
Three players to have hardly had a mention

Jack Silvagni - his efforts today were amazing - first second third and more when in a contest lead they way early.

Paddy Dow - this kid might have flaws but he knows where the footy is and has not trouble winning it.

Gibbo - this bloke may not have a long career but he is making the most of the chances afforded to him.

Special mentions to Fish and the whipping boy obrien.

^+1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:51 pm 
Garry Crane

jim wrote:
mjs wrote:

Go Blues!

He needs to kick a better torp...haha.

Yes, that was a shocker. Just saw the replay, the siren sounded as he just started his run in, big smile on the face, then he changed his grip on the ball to line up for a torp after the siren ... and it spiralled way off left OBOTF. Kept his perfect goal kicking stat intact at 4.0 :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next