Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:49 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Should MLG step down and all board positions spilled before the AGM ?
Yes 43%  43%  [ 29 ]
No 57%  57%  [ 39 ]
Total votes : 68
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:13 pm 
Laurie Kerr

As Mark LoGiudic and some current Board Members have been closely involved in decisions over a period of years culminating in the Carlton Football Club's continuing terrible on field performance and the sacking of yet another coach, it would seem well overdue that members speak up.

Thank you Monitors for the work you do maintaining this site. Please give your consideration to prepaing a new online poll alongs these lines, with members being asked to vote Yes or No on the following: -

a) That Mark LoGiudic step down from his role as Carlton FC President.

b) That all Board Members positions be declared vacant prior to the next CFC AGM

Cheers for now
Adelaideblue

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:20 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

One of my biggest gripes is the lack of options for members to hold the board to account.

The only way now is to not take out a membership if you're not happy.

But in saying that, apparently the club is going very well off-field so MLG and the board need a :thumbsup: for that at least.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:28 pm 
Harry Vallence

I have been saying it from 2003. The Board is destroying our Club. The Board has hijacked our Club.....

IF you ever dare to question any board member, they will come back to you with " Excuse me but I have put half a million dollars out of my own pocket into this Club, so don't you dare question my Position ".

Its Blackmail... That's what it is... The Board have been quite successful in running a business out of our Club but they totally neglected the football department. They are not footy smarts.

How can you tell a Board member to step down when he has invested thousands of dollars into the club?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:40 pm 
Harry Vallence

Dodo27 wrote:
How can you tell a Board member to step down when he has invested thousands of dollars into the club?

Tell them thanks but no thanks. If you would like to sponsor the club that’s one thing, but we shouldn’t take handouts in return for a seat on the board. We need to be run like a professional organisation, not an amateur football club.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:19 pm 
Wayne Johnston

I’m sure there’s many on TC who have invested well over a thousand dollars into the club in their lifetime. I certainly have....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:34 pm 
Robert Walls

MARK LOGIUDICE - PRESIDENT - on the board since 2010
JEANNE PRATT AC - VICE PRESIDENT - on the board since 2011
LUKE SAYERS - on the board since 2012
CRAIG MATHIESON - on the board since 2012
CHRIS JUDD - on the board since 2017
DAVID CAMPBELL - on the board since 2018
PATTY KINNERSLY - on the board since 2018

In a philosophical sense being on the board should have a 10-year term limit, yes?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:47 pm 
Laurie Kerr

Thank you for your responses.

Hopefully the Moderators are considering the question that I asked. If they are thay prepared to run a poll -

giving TC members the opportunity to say a simple YEs or No to: -

a) That Mark LoGiudic step down from his role as Carlton FC President.

b) That all Board Members positions be declared vacant prior to the next CFC AGM

Cheers for now

Adelaideblue

PS :
Obviously that have already, didn't spot it - thank you Moderators, great stuff. It takes courage to effect a change.

Ab

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:00 pm 
Harry Vallence

" Who dares to tell her to step down or even consider change? The Pratt family thinks they own the Club... They have bought the club with their own money and will not let go of their fortune. "

" I am not stepping down- I have nothing to answer for " so he says!

The Rest have done nothing but One Wrong decision after another! Complete disaster....

The entire board needs to be dissolved. It is the only way this Club can be saved. Bring on Football people... Footy smarts.....the likes of Robert Walls etc...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:05 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I'm sorry to say you're too late. This all changed when members voted for constitutional changes in December 2014.

While I don't think that MLG has done a particularly good job as President - I will say these few things.

1. He is very approachable. Remain dignified and professional and he'll return an email or have a coffee with you.

2. Be very careful what you wish for. If you've been to any of the members forums or AGM's of the past few years - you'll see the type of carry on from people who want MLG's position. They are not an improvement on the current board.

3. There is off-field stability. If the off-field were of major concern (as it was under Sticks), then I'd be livid. I'm not livid. The club has moved forward in many areas - albeit very slowly - but forward.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:13 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

bluechampion wrote:
LUKE SAYERS - on the board since 2012
CRAIG MATHIESON - on the board since 2012
CHRIS JUDD - on the board since 2017
DAVID CAMPBELL - on the board since 2018
PATTY KINNERSLY - on the board since 2018

In a philosophical sense being on the board should have a 10-year term limit, yes?

What happened to Marcus Clarke? I looked at the club website 2 days ago and he was listed as a current board member (since 2007), but no longer. There’s no announcement I can find that he left the board.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:19 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

adelaideblue wrote:
It takes courage to effect a change.

It takes none to sit back taking potshots without stepping up yourself or providing an alternative.

From my perspective, the club showed enormous courage to embark on a full list rebuild knowing full well it would hurt the bottom line significantly.
They've stuck to the task when there was a lot of pressure to take shortcuts. MLG is a poor media performer but IMO, he's led the best performing board we've had for 20 years. They've put some exception people in some roles including Russell and Liddle.
The club is performing very well off field and they've bought some exceptional young talent into the club and put games into them.
The futures looking bright.

Seriously, WTF are you going to do if they all step down? What do you offer to the members as a replacement?
If not you, who will step up and do better?

Stuff like this really pisses me off. Too many people jump on the bandwagon and want their 5 minutes of fame while the incumbents have been offering their time and money for little reward for years.
What a farce.

Last edited by Blue Vain on Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:19 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Blue York wrote:
What happened to Marcus Clarke? I looked at the club website 2 days ago and he was listed as a current board member (since 2007), but no longer. There’s no announcement I can find that he left the board.

Board members have a 12-year expiration date. It's in the constitution. That's why Sticks left, that's why Gleeson left, that's why Zac Fried left.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:16 pm 
Bruce Comben

Have a listen to this chat with Kouta. He mentions the importance of culture and in particular, the role a President can play in that (John Elliot). I know Elliot went on to cause significant damage, but at his best, he was a respected character and always made the effort to lift the players up and be as present as possible around the club.

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/anchor ... e/61314771

https://open.spotify.com/episode/3CQIUs6qO1WaFaWa2yKjC3

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...e ... 0439917448

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:30 pm 
Laurie Kerr

Blue V. Mark LoGiudice was a key player when the board sacked Brett Ratten and brought in Malthouse, whom thay also sacked. Now again the key player in sacking another coach in Brendon Bolton and then humilitaing the poor guy by making him sit through the "we have sacked him" media conference.

This is not about taking pot shots, it is giving TC members the chance to express their feelings on the situation by way of a vote.
I certainly wasn't imposing myself by asking the moderators...... " Please give your consideration to prepaing a new online poll......

Presumably with any spill of positions the previous Board members can stand and be relected if they still have the support of members.

I will be interested to see the final poll tally and accept the majority view.

We all have the same interest at heart....... success for Carlton FC.

Cheers for now
Adelaideblue

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:14 pm 
Laurie Kerr

Interesting interview with Mick Malthouse: -

https://www.abc.net.au/radio/melbourne/ ... n/11177090

Ab

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:33 pm 
Ken Hunter

Pretty sure anyone can create a poll. If you want one, go ahead and create one.

A garden to nurture and protect

#DopeThenStash

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:44 pm 
Harry Vallence

Off field we are as strong, if not stronger than ever.

Current board have appointed Liddle, Lloyd & Russell.

Long term sponsors are all locked in at record levels.

Membership is also at record levels.

On field is crap.

On balance it's a no brainer - the club needs stability & success off field to deliver on field.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:55 pm 
Harry Vallence

Ockham's Razor wrote:
Off field we are as strong, if not stronger than ever.

Current board have appointed Liddle, Lloyd & Russell.

Long term sponsors are all locked in at record levels.

Membership is also at record levels.

On field is crap.

On balance it's a no brainer - the club needs stability & success off field to deliver on field.

I wonder why people demand so much off field change when all indicators are positive and many declare the coaching position a plum job because of all the young talent. We need a better on field leader.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:20 pm 
formerly Josh Kaplan

Blue Vain wrote:
adelaideblue wrote:
It takes courage to effect a change.

It takes none to sit back taking potshots without stepping up yourself or providing an alternative.

From my perspective, the club showed enormous courage to embark on a full list rebuild knowing full well it would hurt the bottom line significantly.
They've stuck to the task when there was a lot of pressure to take shortcuts. MLG is a poor media performer but IMO, he's led the best performing board we've had for 20 years. They've put some exception people in some roles including Russell and Liddle.
The club is performing very well off field and they've bought some exceptional young talent into the club and put games into them.
The futures looking bright.

Seriously, WTF are you going to do if they all step down? What do you offer to the members as a replacement?
If not you, who will step up and do better?

Stuff like this really pisses me off. Too many people jump on the bandwagon and want their 5 minutes of fame while the incumbents have been offering their time and money for little reward for years.
What a farce.

Couldn't agree more

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:36 pm 
Harry Vallence

Who is president of west coast?
When have heard from Geelong President?
Sydney President?
GWS?
Every club should have one spokesperson
Liddle, as evidenced by yesterday, should be ours.