Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:17 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 82  Next

Who should be Carlton's next coach?
Teague 48%  48%  [ 125 ]
B Scott 2%  2%  [ 4 ]
Clarkson 13%  13%  [ 34 ]
Ratten 13%  13%  [ 33 ]
Voss 7%  7%  [ 18 ]
Malthouse 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Walls 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Caracella 3%  3%  [ 9 ]
Longmuir 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Barker 0%  0%  [ 1 ]
Leppitsch 0%  0%  [ 1 ]
Mitchell 3%  3%  [ 7 ]
Bassett 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Burns 2%  2%  [ 6 ]
Roos 3%  3%  [ 8 ]
Other 5%  5%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 262
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:22 pm 
Geoff Southby

Anyhow,footballers and club politics don't mix.............shut the faaaark up and get a kick.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:11 pm 
Craig Bradley

SurreyBlue wrote:
I like Teague, but if he is made coach, he needs us better prepared for the opposition game plans early in the game. Richmond won this game in the first quarter because we played into their hands in the 1st. Not the 1st time in the last 8 weeks.

Hopefully a pre-season sorts that.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:14 pm 
Craig Bradley

DocSherrin III wrote:
SPS_5 wrote:
Settle down ffs.

It was said with resting heart rate. :smile: Not convinced there's a coach out there that can help this lot. But I'd like to see what Clarkson could do. Teague might be a good coach, but I reckon we all know deep down what we're going to get when it's all said and done.

The last two weeks have been against 2 sides at the peak of their powers. We couldn't possibly expect a win there. We weren't bad in either game.

Win next weeks and it's 6-4, that's a good job in my books.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:17 pm 
Robert Walls

DocSherrin III wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
Clarkson?

Make it $3million. Our boys are so @#$%&! lazy and soft. Not going to get anywhere until we harden and smarten the @#$%&! up. This is Bolton-esque.

Agree...said the same to my mates today

Too much interference from the players

Just go out there and bust a gut regardless of who yer coach is FFS

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:20 pm 
Harry Vallence

SurreyBlue wrote:
I like Teague, but if he is made coach, he needs us better prepared for the opposition game plans early in the game. Richmond won this game in the first quarter because we played into their hands in the 1st. Not the 1st time in the last 8 weeks.

Hopefully you are not involved with anything involved with coaching decisions, assistant coaching decisions or anything that resembles a game plan because you have no idea!! You are click bait , that is all!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:21 pm 
Robert Walls

SPS_5 wrote:
DocSherrin III wrote:
SPS_5 wrote:
Settle down ffs.

It was said with resting heart rate. :smile: Not convinced there's a coach out there that can help this lot. But I'd like to see what Clarkson could do. Teague might be a good coach, but I reckon we all know deep down what we're going to get when it's all said and done.

You're not giving the opposition enough credit.

Two weeks in a row that we've played the two GF favourites and we haven't been disgraced.

Opposition toyed with us both weeks. Any other view is fanciful.

Getting sick and tired of not starting well (last week we did but then WC decided to change into 3rd gear). 3 of 4 losses have been catch up footy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:27 pm 
Robert Walls

Trigger wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

Hopefully you are not involved with anything involved with coaching decisions, assistant coaching decisions or anything that resembles a game plan because you have no idea!! You are click bait , that is all!!

Not sure why you were so outraged with SBs comment. Rather than get personal, provide a counter opinion

Bottom line is apart from WC, our other 3 losses have come as a result of shithouse starts. That needs to be addressed.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:29 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

SPS_5 wrote:

Two weeks in a row that we've played the two GF favourites and we haven't been disgraced.

I think I understand completely where we are compared to these two opponents. That said, the caretaker was reactive all day. Today told me plenty. I think the boys are ready for the season to be over. Teague and co probably feel the same and I don't blame them.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:36 pm 
Ken Hunter

DocSherrin III wrote:
SPS_5 wrote:

I think I understand completely where we are compared to these two opponents. That said, the caretaker was reactive all day.

Interesting.

Teague said pre-match, that he would have his team play their way, and not be overly concerned about Richmond's game style. Or words to that effect.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:45 pm 
Ken Hands

DocSherrin III wrote:
SPS_5 wrote:

I think I understand completely where we are compared to these two opponents. That said, the caretaker was reactive all day. Today told me plenty. I think the boys are ready for the season to be over. Teague and co probably feel the same and I don't blame them.

They pushed and pushed hard in dire conditions in the second half....not exactly the hallmark of a group who’s packed it in for the season.

Don’t get where this sense of entitlement has come from, do fans not realise where we’ve come from mid season?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:46 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
@#$%&! Clarkson. He can stay where he is

:thumbsup: :thanks:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:49 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Boys couldn't have fought any harder in the 2nd half. Some of the last q efforts were sensational.
Go blues.
Go Teague.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:55 pm 
Geoff Southby

They ran rings around us when it counted................we battled it out.We tried hard............BUT we need ball winning mids big time.Not enough get enough of the pill.............who said bottom six players ? i agree.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:03 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

SPS_5 wrote:
Don’t get where this sense of entitlement has come from, do fans not realise where we’ve come from mid season?

It's not entitlement - far from it, it's expecting more than what was dished up under Bolton. I'm not convinced we're getting it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:04 pm 
Rod Ashman

Mickstar wrote:
They ran rings around us when it counted................we battled it out.We tried hard............BUT we need ball winning mids big time.Not enough get enough of the pill.............who said bottom six players ? i agree.

agresta was interviewed during the reserves game and said we'd be targeting mids either via trade or free agency

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:09 pm 
Ken Hunter

Trigger wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

:oops: :eek: :yikes:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:27 pm 
Bruce Doull

DocSherrin III wrote:
SPS_5 wrote:

It's not entitlement - far from it, it's expecting more than what was dished up under Bolton. I'm not convinced we're getting it.

They're top 4 while we 'should be' mid ladder. The result was probably about right. This game should be a neutral for Teague rather than a negative.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:30 pm 
Ken Hands

The Duke wrote:
DocSherrin III wrote:
SPS_5 wrote:

They're top 4 while we 'should be' mid ladder. The result was probably about right. This game should be a neutral for Teague rather than a negative.

How can one not be convinced we are seeing more than what we saw under Bolton? Are you referring to Bolton 2016 - mid 2017 or Bolton mid 2017-2019?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:02 pm 
Bob Chitty

The Duke wrote:
DocSherrin III wrote:
SPS_5 wrote:

Agreed.

The reality is we’ve made progress, which wasn’t the case in the first half of the year, but they’re a genuine contender and, at this stage, a 4 goal better side than us. I reckon we can turn the tables on them in the next few years.

Next week against the saints is absolutely massive. Must win.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:11 pm 
Robert Walls

The Duke wrote:
DocSherrin III wrote:
SPS_5 wrote:

Spot on.

We should have been competing in the middle of the ladder with Freo, the Dogs, Dons, Adelaide, Saints etc.

Jones and Thomas our last week we were absolutely no chance but played it out.

Tigers at the G in the wet after they’ve found their form, no chance. That’s just where we are in 2019 list and development wise. We need a lot to go right in those two games to have a chance, we were in my opinion out of the running before the bounce. Both the last two games have been as expected. That’s not a negative or a positive for the coach. The only negative game so far is the Melbourne game. The rest neutral or positive.

Getting over the Saints matters. It’s going to be a very close game all day.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 82  Next