Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:41 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 82  Next

Who should be Carlton's next coach?
Teague 48%  48%  [ 125 ]
B Scott 2%  2%  [ 4 ]
Clarkson 13%  13%  [ 34 ]
Ratten 13%  13%  [ 33 ]
Voss 7%  7%  [ 18 ]
Malthouse 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Walls 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Caracella 3%  3%  [ 9 ]
Longmuir 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Barker 0%  0%  [ 1 ]
Leppitsch 0%  0%  [ 1 ]
Mitchell 3%  3%  [ 7 ]
Bassett 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Burns 2%  2%  [ 6 ]
Roos 3%  3%  [ 8 ]
Other 5%  5%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 262
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:44 pm 
Harry Vallence

Brendon Lade.

Love what he managed to do with his defensive structures at St Kilda before he ran out of the necessary cattle to make it work by about round 6. Geary's thigh doesn't explode and Carlisle gets on the park and the Saints challenge for the 8.

It's an area we struggle with in terms of transitioning into defence once we turn the ball over inside 50. Ball carriers prepared to hang onto it a second or two longer like a Pendlebury cut us up and go from end to end in under a minute without us ever touching the footy.

From a list perspective, I think we've got the talls down back to make it work as well as Richmond did with Ashbury, Grimes and Rance.

Suspect the Saints will part ways with Richo (senior assistant please), and if you've spent all this money attracting the best available assistants in Ratten and Lade, of course you'll overlook them for Brad Scott or similar ilk, because St Kilda.

At the very least he's worth talking to for the senior assistant gig and cutting Bruce and Barker free or he's gotbthe runs on the board to suggest he's worth an interview for the senior gig.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:59 am 
Stephen Kernahan

I know a couple of people that know Lade and have worked or played with him at a lower level. Very basic fella apparently. Nice guy, but his influence is overrated, and not even close to senior coach material. Just what they said, not my opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:26 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Hinkley might be the best chance of hardening up this group of players.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:50 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Clarko has basically said he's only got 2 years left at the Dawks. If they keep losing games in the second half of this season, he'd have to be a chance to come to Ikon next year. Of course he cannot do anything but deny any rumours at this point.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:26 pm 
Banned

Reckon Teague has potential to be our own Jurgen Klopp with his rock and roll style of football.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:27 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Walsh wrote:
Reckon Teague has potential to be our own Jurgen Klopp with his rock and roll style of football.

He has freed them up, but will take a while longer to narrow the gap between our best - which is very good - and our worst, which is deplorable.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:11 pm 
Robert Walls

I know he’s won four flags, but isn’t Clarkson yesterday’s news? Reminds me of the Pagan aura. Dude can’t even beat Essendon*.

I’d be into Simpson if I wanted a current coach - more recent runs in the board.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:52 pm 
Ken Hunter

HTP wrote:
I know he’s won four flags, but isn’t Clarkson yesterday’s news? Reminds me of the Pagan aura. Dude can’t even beat Essendon**.

I’d be into Simpson if I wanted a current coach - more recent runs in the board.

Thank you. Well said.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:31 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

SurreyBlue wrote:
HTP wrote:
I know he’s won four flags, but isn’t Clarkson yesterday’s news? Reminds me of the Pagan aura. Dude can’t even beat Essendon***.

Thank you. Well said.

Ditto. Well said

Clarkson was blessed to hve onfield leaders like Hodge and Lewis who are still playing and Mitchell who should take Clarksons spot after he is sacked. :sly:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:44 pm 
Robert Walls

Can't believe I'm saying this but I am warming to Brad Scott as a possible coach

Reckon he is the reflective type who will be so much better the second time around

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:00 pm 
Bruce Doull

Same. I don't even have a compelling argument to back it up but it's just an inkling.

I wouldn't be too annoyed if we end up with him

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:21 pm 
Harry Vallence

x3

My hesitation is whether he is progressive enough as he admitted himself he completely fluffed up the new rules (didn't plan for the 6-6-6) and got his strategies wrong before the season. North seem to be looking a lot better since he's left as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:07 am 
Stephen Kernahan

I'll vomit if we get Scott.

10 years at the helm. 2 weak prelim appearances.
Whinger.

Why would we want a tried and failed coach?
They have traded in a lot of experience to win a flag. His record in the last 3 years stinks.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:04 pm 
Rod Ashman

buzzaaaah wrote:

Whinger.

They have traded in a lot of experience to win a flag. His record in the last 3 years stinks.

Because no one else has worked

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:01 pm 
Laurie Kerr

buzzaaaah wrote:

Whinger.

X2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:47 pm 
Harry Vallence

HTP wrote:
I know he’s won four flags, but isn’t Clarkson yesterday’s news? Reminds me of the Pagan aura. Dude can’t even beat Essendon**.

IMO Horse is the best of the current coaches, won a premiership playing a game plan based around contested ball, rebuilt the list with very small dip and has now adopted a game plan that suits the list he has at is disposal rather than sticking with one style.

Clarko is too stubborn to change game plans even though he doesn't have the cattle to play it, unfortunately same as Bolton who we just got rid off.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:58 pm 
Craig Bradley

Whoever it is, they need to be strong enough to dictate what type of players are coming in and which ones must be retained.

I'm not convinced Scott is that sort of guy. He strikes me as a little too middle management.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:33 pm 
Bruce Doull

buzzaaaah wrote:
Whinger.

He does tend to love a whinge after a loss yep

He’ll be like a plane full of poms if he coaches Carlton :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:07 pm 
Bruce Comben

Rexy wrote:

How so? Port have been flaky since losing the 2014 Prelim. He's had a great squad at his disposal and managed one losing final's appearance in the following four seasons. They continually blow opportunities - just last year they missed the finals from 11-4.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:03 pm 
Robert Walls

Blue Laguna wrote:
Rexy wrote:

How so? Port have been flaky since losing the 2014 Prelim. He's had a great squad at his disposal and managed one losing final's appearance in the following four seasons. They continually blow opportunities - just last year they missed the finals from 11-4.

Agree with that, hinkley has underperformed.
Likes to blame injuries too

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 82  Next