Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:43 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:56 pm 
Ken Hunter

Some things are better left unsaid.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

Last edited by bluedog on Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:56 pm 
Bruce Doull

Uncomfortably numb.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:57 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Take the entire team back to Princes Park and have them run laps. No one leaves the track until 8:30. Cold showers only.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:59 pm 
Ken Hunter

DocSherrin III wrote:
Take the entire team back to Princes Park and have them run laps. No one leaves the track until 8:30. Cold showers only.

Does that include Daisy?

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:00 pm 
Horrie Clover

Where's the sack bolton thread, un-$%&king fathomable.
I just don't care anymore. I'm sick to death of this #$&king $h!t

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:00 pm 
Horrie Clover

Where's the sack bolton thread, un-$%&king fathomable.
I just don't care anymore. I'm sick to death of this #$&king $h!t

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:04 pm 
Ken Hunter

Stick a fork in him...

That is all. Just stick a fork in him. Preferably of the pitch variety.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:06 pm 
Ken Hunter

We should be kicked out of the AFL.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:11 pm 
Ken Hunter

In breaking news, Josh Deluca requests a trade.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:12 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I don't feel much anymore tbh. You know the result before every game. The players don't care anymore, and if some do, they are powerless to do much with our terrible game plan.

Even the commentators have stopped bagging us during our games. They're bored shiteless too.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:17 pm 
Harry Vallence

At least the World Cup then Ashes are on then straight into the Cricket Season :sly:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:20 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Pros:
Walsh.

Cons:
Everything else.

I have finally worked out the game plan. It's taken me a while but even from Mexico on a computer monitor it has revealed itself.

1. Never have a marking forward playing deep to give the players who get a possession in the middle of the ground anything to kick to.
2. Push ALL the forwards into the defensive half and allow the opposition to maintain a line of three defenders along the 50 metre arc, knowing their direct opponents can't do any damage from the half back line. When the chaos kick comes in(and counts as a F50 entry) allow one of the three loose defenders to take an uncontested mark and transfer play to the fat side.
3. Under no circumstances play one on one, even when the zone is failing miserably.
4. Use the corridor as few times as possible during the game. Allow the opposition to run free through the centre while we defend the wings.
5. Kick long to a contest, preferably to a two on one after a mark or a free but first allow the opposition to set up their defence. The closer to the boundary the better as it allows us to kick OOBOTF.
6. Kick the ball just out of reach of the man leading for it. Handball just behind the body of a player so he has to stop and get it. Do NOT handball to a man in space, only to someone about to be tackled as soon as he takes possession.
7. Never man up in defence until the ball has been kicked into the F50 and they are about to take an uncontested mark between two of our defenders who are defending space and not an opposition player. After a behind, kick short to the boundary so as to set up the next kick (see point 5). If you can't do that, kick to a risky situation so the opposition \gets a shot at goal from 30 out. NEVER belt the footy long and outside the defensive fifty. if the opposition need two kicks to score after a point, it inflates the possession stats.
8. We have two or three tall marking forwards. To nake sure one of them gets the chance to mark it, they should fly against each other at every opportunity, preferably out on the wing or HBF. If the ball comes to ground, we will still have Fasolo or Gibbons or even Jack Silvagni in the lead up forward role.
9. NEVER play on after a free kick or a mark unless you are kicking or hand balling near a player who is surrounded by opposition players. (See point 6)
10. When you are having a shot for goal, try and put it through the two tallest sticks. If you can't that's OK. At least we got it inside 50 and that's an important stat.
11. Do NOT put your body in front of an opposition player running through the pack. Stick out your arm and hope that s enough.
12. Do your best to comply with the above. We are not going to be measured by wins and losses like the other teams.

If that isn't the actual game plan, why are they doing all the stuff I mentioned?

Last edited by Blue Sombrero on Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:21 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I turned off and went to do the supermarket shopping during the second half.

Coles was way more fun.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:26 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

GWS wrote:

Coles was way more fun.

I grocery shopped early and watched the second half, but not sure that was a better plan than yours.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:27 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

MIL wrote:
GWS wrote:

Coles was way more fun.

I grocery shopped early and watched the second half, but not sure that was a better plan than yours.

Well at least I won something today... :lol:

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:28 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Sombrero wrote:
Pros:
Walsh.

Cons:
Everything else.

I have finally worked out the game plan. It's taken me a while but even from Mexico on a computer monitor it has revealed itself.

1. Never have a marking forward playing deep to give the players who get a possession in the middle of the ground anything to kick to.
2. Push ALL the forwards into the defensive half and allow the opposition to maintain a line of three defenders along the 50 metre arc, knowing their direct opponents can't do any damage from the half back line. When the chaos kick comes in(and counts as a F50 entry) allow one of the three loose defenders to take an uncontested mark and transfer play to the fat side.
3. Under no circumstances play one on one, even when the zone is failing miserably.
4. Use the corridor as few times as possible during the game. Allow the opposition to run free through the centre while we defend the wings.
5. Kick long to a contest, preferably to a two on one after a mark or a free but first allow the opposition to set up their defence. The closer to the boundary the better as it allows us to kick OOBOTF.
6. Kick the ball just out of reach of the man leading for it. Handball just behind the body of a player so he has to stop and get it. Do NOT handball to a man in space, only to someone about to be tackled as soon as he takes possession.
7. Never man up in defence until the ball has been kicked into the F50 and they are about to take an uncontested mark between two of our defenders who are defending space and not an opposition player. After a behind, kick short to the boundary so as to set up the next kick (see point 5). If you can't do that, kick to a risky situation so the opposition \gets a shot at goal from 30 out. NEVER belt the footy long and outside the defensive fifty. if the opposition need two kicks to score after a point, it inflates the possession stats.
8. We have two or three tall marking forwards. To nake sure one of them gets the chance to mark it, they should fly against each other at every opportunity, preferably out on the wing or HBF. If the ball comes to ground, we will still have Fasolo or Gibbons or even Jack Silvagni in the lead up forward role.
9. NEVER play on after a free kick or a mark unless you are kicking or hand balling near a player who is surrounded by opposition players. (See point 6)
10. When you are having a shot for goal, try and put it through the two tallest sticks. If you can't that's OK. At least we got it inside 50 and that's an important stat.
11. Do NOT put your body in front of an opposition player running through the pack. Stick out your arm and hope that s enough.
12. Do your best to comply with the above. We are not going to be measured by wins and losses like the other teams.

If that isn't the actual game plan, why are they doing all the stuff I mentioned?

You've nailed it BS. That plan has been on rinse and repeat cycle for ages now, except for a few quarters here and there where they forgot the plan.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:28 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

GWS wrote:

Coles was way more fun.

Did you see the green sprouts?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:29 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Fasolo was good.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:29 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Paddycripps wrote:
GWS wrote:

Coles was way more fun.

Did you see the green sprouts?

Only the ones from Belgium unfortunately.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:32 pm 
Garry Crane

That’s it for me been a member for 23 years they
ain’t getting me again if that clueless
Bolton is there has to be the worst game
plan ever