Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:30 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:11 pm 
Bruce Doull

At least it was in a corporate suite but still.......the @#$%&! eagles.

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:11 pm 
Ken Hunter

billc3 wrote:
kezza wrote:
Went to the game, had to pay $27 to watch that crap.
Where to now?
Did you have to pay Ticketek $5 for the pleasure of printing it at home?

Go Blues

Nah, bought it at the ground.
Actually that is the first time I have had to buy a ticket in many years.
I have always had a home and away membership but I got rid of the away part because it wasn't worth it cost wise.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:13 pm 
Ken Hunter

Teddy Hopkins wrote:
I, Teddy Hopkins have worked out BBs game plan.

The No.1 pick has been given away, yes.

A plan has been devised so give the impression the team is so woeful that it is absolutely imperative that the blues get a priority pick at the beginning of the 1st round thus trumping the pick they have given away t the crows.

Genius, yes.

Brilliant by the club.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:14 pm 
Harry Vallence

Even the Essendon* supporters were quiet on the train on the way home tonight

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:15 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

grrofunger wrote:
At least it was in a corporate suite but still.......the @#$%&! eagles.

Did they do Take it Easy?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:16 pm 
Ken Hunter

Navy One wrote:
Even the Essendon** supporters were quiet on the train on the way home tonight

It was a pretty quiet game. very little crowd noise at all.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:17 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Everyone was shocked to be sitting there?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:20 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

kezza wrote:
Navy One wrote:
Even the Essendon*** supporters were quiet on the train on the way home tonight

It was a pretty quiet game. very little crowd noise at all.
It was the flattest Carlton v Essendon* game I can remember. Shocking, Carlton supporters were just apathetic and Essendon* supporters weren't even as obnoxious as normal.

A very very shit game of footy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:30 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Early in the game I remember someone, Gibbons I think, trying a bold kick from the Hbf towards the centre corridor. It didn't come off because execution was lacking but it seemed to remove any risk taking for the rest of the game from anyone.

We don't take the game on, we're petrified of taking a risk.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:30 pm 
Harry Vallence

Bolton said the group are "building resilience".
WTF ..... Today's game showed none of that. Perhaps he's talking flu shots.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:43 pm 
Harry Vallence

I counted on four occasions today at boundary throw ins where an Essendon* players was unguarded behind the competing ruckmen. This is very poor and smacks of a side that is poorly drilled and/or not caring in the result.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:45 pm 
Harry Vallence

dadadadada wrote:
I counted on four occasions today at boundary throw ins where an Essendon** players was unguarded behind the competing ruckmen. This is very poor and smacks of a side that is poorly drilled and/or not caring in the result.

True and I think you're being kind ...... it was way more than 4

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:15 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

dadadadada wrote:
I counted on four occasions today at boundary throw ins where an Essendon** players was unguarded behind the competing ruckmen. This is very poor and smacks of a side that is poorly drilled and/or not caring in the result.
IT WAS AT EVERY F#&-#@ING BALL UP/THROW IN/CONTEST....

Clearly no danger that we would do anything about it

Go Blues

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:25 pm 
Geoff Southby

Why do people keep crapping in about the number 1 pick ? Who cares about those. We ve had how many and what’s it fine for us ?
A decent coach who knows what he’s doing can get the best out of half decent players, and make them look good. This guy can’t even get the best out of top end talent.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:40 pm 
Craig Bradley

We mustn’t let trying to win distract us from improving :roll: :roll: :screwy: :screwy:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:08 am 
Harry Vallence

OMG, did I just see Chubby Fasolo play for Carlton? WTF was that? lool, how did he become so chubby? he couldn't even run lol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:36 am 
Harry Vallence

I believe there are 3 Major Reasons why we are not winning games and not where we were hoping to be:

1- Too early for the young players to win Games: Our Young Players & the future of the club need 4-5 years in the system to start delivering consistency and winnable games. Those players include: Dow, Walsh, Cunningham, SPS, Fisher, O'Brien, Stocker, Curnow, McKay, Schumacher, Kerr & Polson.

2- Terrible Recruitment: We have recruited players who are not even worthy of a game VFL level, yet we have been forced to play them, hoping they can support the young ones whilst they develop. SOS has to take responsibility for the dismal and appalling recruiting of the following players:

** Alex Fosolo: What the hell were they thinking in recruiting a guy who is clearly past it? Collingwood dumped him to the VFL because they knew he was expired. He is injury prone and overweight, and looks way past it

** Darcy Lang: The Worst recruit ever. We got him based on One good game he played for Geelong. Nothing else.... Big body but does nothing with it. Terrible kicking and turnover king. Worst recruit ever

** Mathew Kennedy: We really were cheated with this Guy. No wonder GWS gave him away so easily. Same story as Lang. He is a regular injury prone player and when he is on the park, does nothing to support Cripps.

** J. Silvagni: I am sorry SOS but you need to get your sons away from our Club. They are useless as hell. Too slow, too predictable, no forward pressure and simply not up to AFL Standards

** Newman: Whilst he has been going OK in replacing the injured Doherty, we are now begging to see why Sydney were happy to let him go. He is a turnover King. Today, he killed us. Last week he killed us. Not good enough

** H.Macreadie: Injury prone, too skinny, too weak, and not even VFL Standards. What the hell were we thinking in recruiting him?

** Williamson: Rubbish....... Injury prone and is never going to make it........ We got cheated again

** Pickett: Was supposed to be the new Eddie Betts. No where near it.... Again, injury prone and has done nothing at the club so far....

** Lobe & Phillips: Average Ruckmen who will never be selected at any other AFL Club but Carlton. If Kreuzer goes down, We are shot to pieces.

** McGovern: I have said it from day one.... He is Rubbish....A Cameo player who will give you the mark of the year or give you one good game in a while, but he is not consistent, and Injuries will be his thing.

** Garlett: Rubbish pick.... Waste of time

** Add to that the aging of our senior players who can no longer be counted on to deliver: Murphy, Daisy, Simpson & Kreuzer.

3- The GWS Experiment: The Biggest Scam of SOS's venture at our Club. We all got cheated. We all got robbed. We all know by now that getting recycled players from GWS was not the answer. Players like Marchbank and Plowman are decent average footballers who will give it all, but they are not what we were looking for. We needed A Grade players to deliver weekly.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:53 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Worst summary ever

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:13 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Footy is meant to be fun. This is fun for nobody. Even oppo fans don't give us shit any more because it's no fun picking on the crippled kid. Players clearly hating it. I'm sure the footy department aren't having fun. I know I mucked about in the shed and listened to the NRL instead after the first fifteen minutes showed it was going to be same again.

If we are going to get beat at least let all this talent we supposedly have show what they've got locked away inside this stifling style of play

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:39 am 
formerly King Kenny

Blue Sombrero wrote:
Pros:
Walsh.

Cons:
Everything else.

I have finally worked out the game plan. It's taken me a while but even from Mexico on a computer monitor it has revealed itself.

1. Never have a marking forward playing deep to give the players who get a possession in the middle of the ground anything to kick to.
2. Push ALL the forwards into the defensive half and allow the opposition to maintain a line of three defenders along the 50 metre arc, knowing their direct opponents can't do any damage from the half back line. When the chaos kick comes in(and counts as a F50 entry) allow one of the three loose defenders to take an uncontested mark and transfer play to the fat side.
3. Under no circumstances play one on one, even when the zone is failing miserably.
4. Use the corridor as few times as possible during the game. Allow the opposition to run free through the centre while we defend the wings.
5. Kick long to a contest, preferably to a two on one after a mark or a free but first allow the opposition to set up their defence. The closer to the boundary the better as it allows us to kick OOBOTF.
6. Kick the ball just out of reach of the man leading for it. Handball just behind the body of a player so he has to stop and get it. Do NOT handball to a man in space, only to someone about to be tackled as soon as he takes possession.
7. Never man up in defence until the ball has been kicked into the F50 and they are about to take an uncontested mark between two of our defenders who are defending space and not an opposition player. After a behind, kick short to the boundary so as to set up the next kick (see point 5). If you can't do that, kick to a risky situation so the opposition \gets a shot at goal from 30 out. NEVER belt the footy long and outside the defensive fifty. if the opposition need two kicks to score after a point, it inflates the possession stats.
8. We have two or three tall marking forwards. To nake sure one of them gets the chance to mark it, they should fly against each other at every opportunity, preferably out on the wing or HBF. If the ball comes to ground, we will still have Fasolo or Gibbons or even Jack Silvagni in the lead up forward role.
9. NEVER play on after a free kick or a mark unless you are kicking or hand balling near a player who is surrounded by opposition players. (See point 6)
10. When you are having a shot for goal, try and put it through the two tallest sticks. If you can't that's OK. At least we got it inside 50 and that's an important stat.
11. Do NOT put your body in front of an opposition player running through the pack. Stick out your arm and hope that s enough.
12. Do your best to comply with the above. We are not going to be measured by wins and losses like the other teams.

If that isn't the actual game plan, why are they doing all the stuff I mentioned?

The script for Sum of all Fears, Carlton version.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next