Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:39 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:01 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

idle wrote:
As Bolts said in the presser, age profile. We haven't got the experience into these guys as yet. It can turn around quickly when things come together, but for now its all about growing this group. The losses make it harder for sure, but the process cannot be denied. I don't think there's any issues internally. Carlton as a club made the decision to a ground up rebuild. Talk of sacking Bolton is OLD Carlton, and for the last 20 years has got us nowhere. We must stick to the plan and back the coach until we succeed. We've got some good talent, and I'm certain we'll develop what we have over the next few years. A team with an average 150 game experience is what we're aiming for. We'll never achieve this with a high turnover list. We've just got to dig in and keep plugging away. The game against Collingwood and a half against Hawthorn gives a little glimmer of what's over the horizon. I still have faith if we stick to the plan and not go back to the old Carlton that sacks coaches.

I wish I had your faith but I just don't see it. And I hate this call of 'old' Carlton. Yes we've been unnecessarily reactive in the past but the club has shown patience like never before. The proof of the pudding is in the tasting... and the Bolton brand of football tastes like shit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:03 pm 
Rod Ashman

idle wrote:
As Bolts said in the presser, age profile. We haven't got the experience into these guys as yet. It can turn around quickly when things come together, but for now its all about growing this group. The losses make it harder for sure, but the process cannot be denied. I don't think there's any issues internally. Carlton as a club made the decision to a ground up rebuild. Talk of sacking Bolton is OLD Carlton, and for the last 20 years has got us nowhere. We must stick to the plan and back the coach until we succeed. We've got some good talent, and I'm certain we'll develop what we have over the next few years. A team with an average 150 game experience is what we're aiming for. We'll never achieve this with a high turnover list. We've just got to dig in and keep plugging away. The game against Collingwood and a half against Hawthorn gives a little glimmer of what's over the horizon. I still have faith if we stick to the plan and not go back to the old Carlton that sacks coaches.

sorry dude, i disagree - the half against hawks and the collingwood game seem aberrations now. if the players were playing fpr the coach and each other, they would play like that every week, but we seem to be getting worse and worse

i agree those games showed potential, and the doggies game showed what we are really capable of, but why dont we bring that every week? motivation? game plan? cant blame youth on so many losses when it seems there is a lack of cohesion and skill level, this needs to be addressed

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:03 pm 
Geoff Southby

idle wrote:

If that is the case a couple of questions:

1. Why did we give up a certain pick 1 this year in order to get Stocker?

2. At what point is it reasonable to expect even a competitive looking bottom of the ladder side?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:04 pm 
Rod Ashman

Jonosc1 wrote:
Bolts said that cripps played a sacrificial role today, with a view to bringing other mids into the game. would love to know what it was.

Kinda wondering if they genuinely care about winning.

I’m so confused by this club.

We trade our first pick and then seem to be writing the year off at round 11.

what a crock of shite.... why would they do that when we are trying to win for the supporters? do they even care about us?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:05 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Brilliant to see Walsh outpoint McGrath in a one on one contest to win the ball. Dow did the same to Parish who also has years on Paddy.

At least we made Essendon* look good when they’re nothing special. Can’t stop lace out kicks to forwards in this era.

Bolton can’t harness the talents of SPS, Dow, Walsh, Cripps, Cuningham, Fisher, Stocker and Setterfield. Kennedy should be an annoying grunt like Clarke based on his talent as a junior and size. Terrible coaching.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:05 pm 
Geoff Southby

MIL wrote:
idle wrote:

But the never ending losses are destroying them as a group. You can see it on the park....they know they'll lose. It's a loop that won't be broken just by getting games into them. Forget about history, we need to move forward and fast, or we die as a club.

The ridiculous composition and age profile of the list is all SOS.

He’s at least as big a part of the problem.

No small forwards

Midfield full of skinny kids

Getting injured players hoping they come good as the cornerstone of your trading strategy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:07 pm 
Geoff Southby

I, Teddy Hopkins have worked out BBs game plan.

The No.1 pick has been given away, yes.

A plan has been devised so give the impression the team is so woeful that it is absolutely imperative that the blues get a priority pick at the beginning of the 1st round thus trumping the pick they have given away t the crows.

Genius, yes.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:11 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Teddy Hopkins wrote:
I, Teddy Hopkins have worked out BBs game plan.

The No.1 pick has been given away, yes.

A plan has been devised so give the impression the team is so woeful that it is absolutely imperative that the blues get a priority pick at the beginning of the 1st round thus trumping the pick they have given away t the crows.

Genius, yes.

I think you're right Teddy. We're tanking again...

12-1-2016 - CAS goes bang, happy new year.. Drugcheats forever..

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:26 pm 
Ken Hunter

Jonosc1 wrote:
Bolts said that cripps played a sacrificial role today, with a view to bringing other mids into the game. would love to know what it was.

Kinda wondering if they genuinely care about winning.

I’m so confused by this club.

We trade our first pick and then seem to be writing the year off at round 11.

He’s full of excuses. Sorry but I think Pat is frustrated and despondent with our on field setups. He’s showing that with his body language when he comes to the bench and discussions he’s having with others while there. That’s obvious.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:39 pm 
Ken Hands

Sacking the guy after giving him FOUR years is NOT old Carlton ffs!

It’s done. It’s time to go and get over this stupid complex we have of not wanting to look like “old Carlton”.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:43 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

You know I got home today and saw the cat curled up in the corner, waiting for my right boot, but I just walked by.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:56 pm 
Bruce Doull

You could've given the honours to darcy lang

Same result

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:59 pm 
Craig Bradley

Or the Fasbenbender who was worse than Lang if that's possible

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:35 pm 
Ken Hunter

Paddycripps wrote:
Fasolo was good.

For a laugh.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:39 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

kezza wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
Fasolo was good.

For a laugh.

Tommy Bugg would've been handy today...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:42 pm 
Ken Hunter

Went to the game, had to pay $27 to watch that crap.
Where to now?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:57 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

DocSherrin III wrote:
kezza wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
Fasolo was good.

For a laugh.

Tommy Bugg would've been handy today...
Just on that...
Seemed to start Faz as a defensive forward on Hurley! WTF (although he did out mark him for our first passage to goal... Pure luck)...
Then Faz disappeared and Hurley was mostly free.....

So Faz had the 'Jed Lamb' role did he?... We got rid of Jed to get Bugg?? That all came back to me as I watched that crap today

Go Blues

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:59 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

kezza wrote:
Went to the game, had to pay $27 to watch that crap.
Where to now?
Did you have to pay Ticketek $5 for the pleasure of printing it at home?

Go Blues

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:03 pm 
Bruce Doull

I gave up and went to the eagles game.

THE @#$%&! EAGLES GAME!!

@#$%&! you Carlton.

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:08 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

:lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next