Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:50 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:39 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Dodo27 wrote:
BigBlueWave wrote:
Focus should now be on priority pick :wink:

What's the point? Even if we get it, we will trade it away for some rubbish pick that will go down the toilet and history will keep repeating itself.....

If its the same shit offer as last year from the AFL, then you're right.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:43 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Scotty12000 wrote:
Age wrote:
Play McGovern as a defender cos he is doing sweet FA as a forward

At this stage tracking at around 40-50 goals for the season given the shitehouse delivery from our engine room

...and for some unknown reason, he's been instructed to lead up for the switch of play in the backline.

Some of the marks he's taken are unbelievable.
Right before my eyes I have seen McGoverns vertical leap from a standing position and one step and up, and he is unique Bosustow like.

Marking Forward to play as forwards within a structure:

one deep in the square for the desperate kick to danger, or for a lead to the ball
one around CHF as a link
one making themselves a target further up the ground.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:47 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Effes wrote:
Blues caretaker set to spring selection shock
Tim Michell

Jon Anderson reports…

Carlton is on the verge of pulling a selection shock as it prepares for its first game under caretaker coach David Teague.
The Herald Sun believes the Blues might pick rookie forward Matt Owies as they try to turn up the pressure valve inside their forward 50.
Carlton last year selected the one-time St Kevin's College student in the rookie draft.
The 22-year-old gave footy away after Year 9 to concentrate on basketball, the 180cm forward heading to the US on a scholarship to pursue his hoop dreams.

Must be the whisper, so get ready.

I can't understand it TBH.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:53 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Blue Sombrero wrote:
Kreuzer is the weak link in the team. His ruck work (taps to advantage) simply doesn't stand up.
What's the point of having Newman on the bench?
I like my bench people to be more versatile.
Newman has played almost all his footy in the back half so unless he lines up there and Stocker goes into the middle, I can't see what we gain.

You have to play a 7th defender and the others deserve the starting spot more than he does IMHO.

Last edited by Blue Vain on Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:56 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Sin City wrote:
Owies? What a strange week at the club :lol:

I've watched the last two games and thought he was showing some signs, maybe he'll be ok after a couple more years of development but I didn't think he was anywhere near ready for senior footy.

Yep, I agree.
Hopefully he proves us wrong but his skills are bordering on embarrassing by AFL standards.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:57 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Owies averaging 7.3 disposals 2.7 marks 1.7 tackles 1.0 inside 50 0.5 goals a game in the VFL.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:01 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Sombrero wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Marchbank Casboult Simpson
Thomas Weitering Stocker
Walsh Cripps SPS
Cuningham Charlie Gibbons
Murphy McKay Garlett

Kreuzer Ed Fisher

Newman Dow McGovern Setterfield/Silvagni

It will be a tough game. The Lions are in the best couple of teams for scoring from stoppages. I'd give Ed a run at Lachie Neale and see how he goes. Obviously Zorko and Lyons are threats as well. McCluggage has been excellent on the wing.
Hopefully Murphy is right to go. I think we need him, Garlett, Gibbons and Cuningham in forward 50 with 2 talls.

It will be interesting to see if they bring McInerney in to stretch our defence. Cripps will also be interesting. They have been using Jarrod Berry as a run with player but with his injury, will they give Robbo the role? If so, I hope we smash him at every opportunity.
Kreuzer will be a huge factor. He was smashed in the effective hit outs last week and that killed any opportunity we had. He has to stand up and get his hands on the ball at the stoppages.

I'll be going and looking forward to it.

Kreuzer is the weak link in the team. His ruck work (taps to advantage) simply doesn't stand up.
Newman has played almost all his footy in the back half so unless he lines up there and Stocker goes into the middle, I can't see what we gain.
I'd rather eave him out and have both Setterfield and Jack.
I do like the fact you put Garlett in the FP. He is a million percent improvement on Fatsolo, even if he has an average game.

BV has

IN Simpson Murphy Garlett Thomas and McGovern
OUT Fasolo Plowman Kennedy Lang Setterfield/Silvagni

Don't think Murphy gets up. In that case, both Setterfield and Jack would play in this case.

Jones must be in a sot of bother. Thought he'd be back this week. And Goddard has been in the news for the right reasons.

I agree with you BS re Kreuzer. Not a tap ruckman. Bellchambers had his way last week and made a fool of Kreuzer imo.
Kreuzer makes a difference to us compared to Philips and Lobbe, but he's a ruck rover.
Nice to see K take a mark close to goals. Problem is he isnt a reliable set shot for goal as he was in his first 11 games of AFL.

Newman played on the wing for Swans...and the backline. He's tough and vesatile.
But his desperate kicking without looking has cost us plenty in the last 3 games.

BV's team looks better without Plowman. He's been ordinary this year.
Doesn't look composed, and doesn't attack the ball anymore.

Garlett as a quick forward and working up the wing. Like.

I want to see Neale tagged and someone running with Zorko.
These guys get the ball because they know where the ball is going.
We can't afford to let these guys do as they please because they will bring others into the game.

It all starts with Kreuzer in the ruck.
Must get his hand to the ball in Cripps' favour or at least nullify their ruck Stefan.

I'm stuck in Sydney for a function, and wish I could go to the game.
Really keen to watch this game. See what character these kids have.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:02 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:

You have to play a 7th defender and the others deserve the starting spot more than he does IMHO.

Agree.

Simmo Newman and Thomas to wax the loose man in defense.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:04 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Effes wrote:
Owies averaging 7.3 disposals 2.7 marks 1.7 tackles 1.0 inside 50 0.5 goals a game in the VFL.

Franchina like numbers and Franchina played a particular role in the midfield.

Gosh we are getting desperate for someone to put on forward pressure.
Owies must be quick.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:19 pm 
Rod Ashman

From what I’m hearing about Teague, I suspect he will just let them off the leash this week and next.
And I reckon, might try to change up a few things during the bye period.

For those people knocking Plowman’s lack of attacking intent, or kicking skills of Neuman, Dow and pretty much the whole team... I reckon these are the two areas we’ll see the biggest change.

Freedom to run will get the ball moving faster and will afford a bit more (physical and mental) space when we have the ball that will automatically improve our kicking.

If we can run more and harder, and tackle more and harder, I think a lot of other things will shift a bit more into our favour (incl free kick proportion...).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:53 pm 
Geoff Southby

Blue Vain wrote:
Thomas Weitering Stocker
Walsh Cripps SPS
Murphy McKay Garlett

Kreuzer Ed Fisher

It will be a tough game. The Lions are in the best couple of teams for scoring from stoppages. I'd give Ed a run at Lachie Neale and see how he goes. Obviously Zorko and Lyons are threats as well. McCluggage has been excellent on the wing.
Hopefully Murphy is right to go. I think we need him, Garlett, Gibbons and Cuningham in forward 50 with 2 talls.

It will be interesting to see if they bring McInerney in to stretch our defence. Cripps will also be interesting. They have been using Jarrod Berry as a run with player but with his injury, will they give Robbo the role? If so, I hope we smash him at every opportunity.
Kreuzer will be a huge factor. He was smashed in the effective hit outs last week and that killed any opportunity we had. He has to stand up and get his hands on the ball at the stoppages.

You dropped Plowman?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:02 pm 
Bruce Doull

Wow WEE...!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:08 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

aboynamedsue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Thomas Weitering Stocker
Walsh Cripps SPS
Murphy McKay Garlett

Kreuzer Ed Fisher

You dropped Plowman?

No, I made an error. He should be on my bench instead of Newman.
I thought Newman was poor last week and his inability to compete overhead will be a liability this week. Plowman will be a good match up Rayner.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:23 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Agro jr wrote:
Effes wrote:
Blues caretaker set to spring selection shock
Tim Michell

Jon Anderson reports…

Carlton is on the verge of pulling a selection shock as it prepares for its first game under caretaker coach David Teague.
The Herald Sun believes the Blues might pick rookie forward Matt Owies as they try to turn up the pressure valve inside their forward 50.
Carlton last year selected the one-time St Kevin's College student in the rookie draft.
The 22-year-old gave footy away after Year 9 to concentrate on basketball, the 180cm forward heading to the US on a scholarship to pursue his hoop dreams.

watched him in the VFL on the weekend, effort and pressure is there, but kicking is very average. Doesn't look confident when going by foot, but is probably to be expected considering he's a basketballer and hasn't grown up playing football.

Foot skills are overrated in the modern game anyway, Darcy Lang's a first round pick and yet found three new ways to miss a shot at goal from an identical spot on the weekend.
So as long as the effort is there he can't be much worse.

You just had to remind me of those Lang effort :-(

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:20 pm 
Ken Hunter

Channel 7 news;
Ins;
Simpson, Thomas and McGovern

No mention of outs.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:23 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

In McGovern, Simpson, Thomas, LOB
Out Kennedy, Stocker, Fasolo, Lang

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:31 pm 
Geoff Southby

Solid ins

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:39 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Stocker has a foot injury

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:56 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I would have retained Lang. O'Brien is not physically AFL ready IMHO.
I don't understand why they keep selecting him.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:56 pm 
Ken Hunter

Sin City wrote:
Stocker has a foot injury

Ta, so he wasn't dropped then.
Midfield a bit light on.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next