Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:22 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:36 am 
Harry Vallence

bluedog wrote:
KEEP THE FAITH.

Not me. The players

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 3:04 am 
Harry Vallence

bluedog wrote:
Stefchook wrote:
Forgot Fisher. Good player, but awful performance. Kept on running into tacklers when he didn't need to.

Has he got a right foot at all??????????????????????????????????????????

theres a reason the call him hopalong

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 6:36 am 
Geoff Southby

Dodo27 wrote:
I truly believe that we are led by a bunch of heartless and greedy business Men who took control of our Club since 2003 and have totally destroyed it.

whilst as business men, they might have had success in turning a profit for the club ( or for themselves?? ), generating millions in revenue from Poker machines and other ventures, On the other hand, they have totally neglected the football side of things.

Those Men have no clue about football!

People ask the same question every week " What is the solution?? "

The Solution is that our entire Board must be stood down, our CEO Sacked and our entire football department should be replaced by people who know something about football.....

We are sick of the lies... the false promises.... the 5 year plan that has already occurred 3 times in 15 years....

Yep

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 7:40 am 
Rod Ashman

doofdoof wrote:
CFC8795 wrote:
Please explain.
Can anyone explain why in last few minutes when we were 11 pts down they chipped the ball around as if we were leading and trying to run down the clock.
SMH :cry:

Anyone?

i went and sat behind the goals today and most of the time it's because there is almost zero movement off the ball...

someone with better footy knowledge than me might want to chip in but it also looked like the saints were happy to give us that sideways kick short and eventually force us long down the line where most of the time we'd be outnumbered and they'd run and spread away...

Thanks doofdoof. Hard to see this on TV. Cheers

Last edited by CFC8795 on Mon May 27, 2019 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 8:04 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Sack the CEO? hilarious stuff

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 8:31 am 
Stephen Kernahan

keogh wrote:
Dodo27 wrote:
I truly believe that we are led by a bunch of heartless and greedy business Men who took control of our Club since 2003 and have totally destroyed it.

whilst as business men, they might have had success in turning a profit for the club ( or for themselves?? ), generating millions in revenue from Poker machines and other ventures, On the other hand, they have totally neglected the football side of things.

The Solution is that our entire Board must be stood down, our CEO Sacked and our entire football department should be replaced by people who know something about football.....

We are sick of the lies... the false promises.... the 5 year plan that has already occurred 3 times in 15 years....

Yep

I'd suggest the board have bought millions of dollars into the club. Are you suggesting they're in it to somehow drag money out of the club or to fill their own pockets?
Whilst you're sitting at home in winter watch MAFS or Home and Away, they actually do something productive for the club. They attend board meetings and functions that actually benefit the clubs existence. All the while paying for the privilege. Not getting paid.
Whilst the whingers here sit under their doonas and fire pissy cheap shots all the while contributing @#$%&! all.

Yes we could be better but I give the board full credit. They've set the first ever plan by our club to rebuild the list and they've stuck to the task, in spite of the bed wetters.
It's not the boards fault that some of our early picks haven't come on as much as we'd like. They've set a strategic direction that has supported the rebuild and given the footy department every opportunity to succeed.

What more do you actually want them to do? Spell it out. Don't just spew out meaningless comments like "sack the board". What more would you want from the board and CEO over the past couple of year?

Personally, I give them great credit. I never thought I'd see a Carlton board with the guts to set a strategic plan in place to rebuild the list totally and see it out. They have and I give credit where it's due.
Whether the list manager and coaching staff have provided the framework and personnel, that's yet to be determined IMHO but it's not from lack of resources or support in my eyes.

I understand the frustration and anger but let's not lose our heads and rant and rave without basis or substance.
If Bolton has 5 wins at seasons end and the team are playing with enthusiasm and effort. I'd give him another year.
If not, give someone else an opportunity. IMHO, we have 1 coach who has twice shown an ability to mould a line into a strong cohesive unit. Dale Amos. I'd love to know whether he has the ability to take the next step. Interview him and a number of other candidates but let's not fall into the old Carlton model of going for another messiah.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 8:40 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

emtwenty wrote:
I hadn’t been able to decide the last few weeks, but today confirmed it for me - our problem is the game plan (hence coach) is useless yet over complicated and has ruined any sense of instinct/flair & confidence in our players.
I don’t remember being terrified of Dow having the ball last year. Fish has regressed.

The players get the ball and have NFI what to do because the game plan is just a joke (if one can even define it)

The review apparently concluded the game plan was overcomplicated last year - nothing has changed. And that’s on Bolts.

Gold Coast do not have more talent then us IMO - but they play to a structure and system!

Yep.
Would take stewie dew in a heartbeat.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 8:56 am 
Harry Vallence

bluegirl72 wrote:
emtwenty wrote:
I hadn’t been able to decide the last few weeks, but today confirmed it for me - our problem is the game plan (hence coach) is useless yet over complicated and has ruined any sense of instinct/flair & confidence in our players.
I don’t remember being terrified of Dow having the ball last year. Fish has regressed.

The players get the ball and have NFI what to do because the game plan is just a joke (if one can even define it)

The review apparently concluded the game plan was overcomplicated last year - nothing has changed. And that’s on Bolts.

Gold Coast do not have more talent then us IMO - but they play to a structure and system!

Yep.
Would take stewie dew in a heartbeat.

by the look of it, we could pay him in pies and he would be happy

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 9:16 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

bluedog wrote:
KEEP THE FAITH.

I'm keeping faith in our players. I hurt for them. And I am going to side with SOS.
Apart from that.
Faith No More.
Broken.
Irreparable.
Time is up
We need Roos to come in and oversee...not coach. (I mean when we ask Bolts to step aside)The players need reassurance. I actually think they will bring him in with whoever takes over.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 9:33 am 
Rod Ashman

Blue Vain wrote:
keogh wrote:
Dodo27 wrote:

Yep

I'd suggest the board have bought millions of dollars into the club. Are you suggesting they're in it to somehow drag money out of the club or to fill their own pockets?
Whilst you're sitting at home in winter watch MAFS or Home and Away, they actually do something productive for the club. They attend board meetings and functions that actually benefit the clubs existence. All the while paying for the privilege. Not getting paid.
Whilst the whingers here sit under their doonas and fire pissy cheap shots all the while contributing @#$%&! all.

Yes we could be better but I give the board full credit. They've set the first ever plan by our club to rebuild the list and they've stuck to the task, in spite of the bed wetters.
It's not the boards fault that some of our early picks haven't come on as much as we'd like. They've set a strategic direction that has supported the rebuild and given the footy department every opportunity to succeed.

What more do you actually want them to do? Spell it out. Don't just spew out meaningless comments like "sack the board". What more would you want from the board and CEO over the past couple of year?

Personally, I give them great credit. I never thought I'd see a Carlton board with the guts to set a strategic plan in place to rebuild the list totally and see it out. They have and I give credit where it's due.
Whether the list manager and coaching staff have provided the framework and personnel, that's yet to be determined IMHO but it's not from lack of resources or support in my eyes.

I understand the frustration and anger but let's not lose our heads and rant and rave without basis or substance.
If Bolton has 5 wins at seasons end and the team are playing with enthusiasm and effort. I'd give him another year.
If not, give someone else an opportunity. IMHO, we have 1 coach who has twice shown an ability to mould a line into a strong cohesive unit. Dale Amos. I'd love to know whether he has the ability to take the next step. Interview him and a number of other candidates but let's not fall into the old Carlton model of going for another messiah.

good post BV...the worst thing we could do now is deviate from the path we're on and look for that messiah that will magically fix all
agree that bolts should be judged on the 22 games this year and if the team hasn't conjured up enough wins then he unfortunately might need to go

I saw some highlights from an old 2007 game the other day and in the forward line we had Betts, Fev, Kennedy, Waite and A Walker...
rather than recognising how good those guys could be together, we blew that talent to pieces with a number of shit short sighted decisions over the following 6-7 years. let's not make the same stupid mistakes again

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:21 am 
Stephen Silvagni

The problem is we know that our win/loss this year will be unacceptable. Make the call now, chuck barker in and start the thorough process for the next coach. This is more measured than doing it post season

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:33 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Vain wrote:
keogh wrote:
Dodo27 wrote:

Yep

Pretty material issues I would of thought Blue Vain and that is where most of my issues lie.

We can thank and credit the board for the strategic direction, all well and good. But if we've messed up the execution and the most critical areas that impact on field performance, where does that leave us?

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:17 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

doofdoof wrote:
CFC8795 wrote:
Please explain.
Can anyone explain why in last few minutes when we were 11 pts down they chipped the ball around as if we were leading and trying to run down the clock.
SMH :cry:

Anyone?

i went and sat behind the goals today and most of the time it's because there is almost zero movement off the ball...

someone with better footy knowledge than me might want to chip in but it also looked like the saints were happy to give us that sideways kick short and eventually force us long down the line where most of the time we'd be outnumbered and they'd run and spread away...
People wonder why we kick it to Gibbons and Silvagni... At least they are leading.
Curnow is so far up the ground when we win it, we're past him... McGovern was PLANTED in the ground and Mckay was double teamed, so hard to get it...
You have no idea what is going on watching on TV...
Smartest thing McGovern did was crash the pack from behind to push it forward and make the ball go out the back...
Smart play...
Only problem is no communication...
Gibbons front and Centre...
Ball goes over the pack and no none there...
THAT'S as much a coaching issue as it is communication.

Cheers

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:33 am 
Wayne Johnston

keogh wrote:
Dodo27 wrote:

Yep

This. We’ve been shit for 17 years but we haven’t had the same players or coaches for 17 years. The board is guilty by elimination of all other factors.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:34 am 
Stephen Kernahan

jim wrote:
We are the most poorly drilled and structured team ever.

Nothing else I can add

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:37 am 
Bruce Doull

*sigh*...!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:45 am 
Stephen Kernahan

After Kreuzer kicked our last goal that put us ?5 pts down, he and Cripps go off the ground for a rotation.
FFS, if there was a more crucial time for them both to be in the centre, I don't know when that would be.
As leader, they should have assessed the situation and stayed on the ground.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:48 am 
Harry Vallence

MPH78 wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
keogh wrote:
Dodo27 wrote:

Yep

Pretty material issues I would of thought Blue Vain and that is where most of my issues lie.

We can thank and credit the board for the strategic direction, all well and good. But if we've messed up the execution and the most critical areas that impact on field performance, where does that leave us?

The board is no responsible for all appointments in the club, realistically they are responsible to 3 people, the CEO, the Head of Football and Head Coach.

For all the rant and raving, I personally thought that our players are playing too tight and look like they are really feeling the pressure that Bolts is under.

From the outside, it looks like the constant talk of sacking the coach is paralysing the team and Bolts need to find a way of freeing them to play more instictly than second guessing themselves.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:48 am 
Stephen Kernahan

I thought Dow was OK. Got some clean clearances out of the centre. 4 tackles. Needs to stick more though

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:59 am 
Stephen Silvagni

buzzaaaah wrote:
After Kreuzer kicked our last goal that put us ?5 pts down, he and Cripps go off the ground for a rotation.
FFS, if there was a more crucial time for them both to be in the centre, I don't know when that would be.
As leader, they should have assessed the situation and stayed on the ground.

1.40 left to go 13 points down ... Plowman to kick out from FB .. players screaming for it down the corridor ... Plowman kicks short to the pocket to Walsh then demands it back ... Plowman kicks straight to StK player ... game over

Plowmans a leader.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next