Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:34 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 8:33 pm 
Ken Hunter

Paddycripps wrote:
At the end of the day Bolton heads the coaching department so the buck should stop with him.

We have no idea at stoppages and when we do get the ball our movement is atrocious. Where's the run? Where's the structure? What's the game plan?

Cripps on the bench looked frustrated talking to Doc. I suspect he's frustrated by the lack of coaching.

:clap:

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 8:33 pm 
Rod Ashman

CFC8795 wrote:
Please explain.
Can anyone explain why in last few minutes when we were 11 pts down they chipped the ball around as if we were leading and trying to run down the clock.
SMH :cry:

Anyone?

i went and sat behind the goals today and most of the time it's because there is almost zero movement off the ball...

someone with better footy knowledge than me might want to chip in but it also looked like the saints were happy to give us that sideways kick short and eventually force us long down the line where most of the time we'd be outnumbered and they'd run and spread away...

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 8:36 pm 
Ken Hunter

grrofunger wrote:
That was one of the worst coaching performances i have ever seen.

What on earth is our system for moving the ball?

Especially entering F50 if we do get it there.

Stop, start, down the line, hesitant, timid, overly defensive garbage.

Well in to the 3rd quarter we had more turnovers than points scored.

Absolute shambles.

Enough is enough.

I can’t keep doing this to all these posts but....again. :clap:

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 8:38 pm 
Ken Hunter

kingkerna wrote:
We had absolutely no flow. We've got firepower up forward but we don't use it. Just awful stuff.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yep.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 8:47 pm 
Geoff Southby

Heard It all before. I’ve gotten into debate after debate sticking up for Bolts over the years, but after last week, he finally lost me. The lack of response today just reaffirmed it. Over him and his excuses.
Whether we like it or not, today reaffirmed that Bolton is as good as gone. His post game pressers are repetitive and predictable, and his game plan (if there is one) is virtually for the rubbish.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:09 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Yep.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:13 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sad thing about today is that Saints were really bad.
Any other team plays them and they win by 40 plus points

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:14 pm 
Geoff Southby

Well one thing was blatantly obvious today, you can't call an umpire a cheating ......... and expect no repercussions.

Aside from the fact the game, skill level and execution from both teams was awful. The umpiring was deplorable and the AFL will never admit this. The bias in me seen that every time the boys tried to get some flow they were pinged for something that in every other round and game was left to play on and the frees we should've got were just ignored.

They want us to fail.

Last edited by Sidefx on Sun May 26, 2019 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:15 pm 
Geoff Southby

Sydney Blue wrote:

Eagles only beat them by 3 goals, round 8.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:17 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Sydney Blue wrote:

Finally agree 100% with you Syd :-)

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:38 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I'm going back to kokoda

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:45 pm 
Harry Vallence

This Great Recruiter in Stephen Silvagni which we all hailed as our Savior is turning to be a the greatest Con of this footy Club!!

For God's sake, can you recruit some players who can play this Game? so many puppets, so many pretenders and so many below Average players who are just not developing into anything!!

Every other Club recruits players who shows something... Look at bloody Geelong....

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:46 pm 
Ken Hunter

Heavs wrote:
I'm going back to kokoda

While you're there, please recruit a few headhunters.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:50 pm 
Ken Hunter

Dodo27 wrote:
This Great Recruiter in Stephen Silvagni which we all hailed as our Savior is turning to be a the greatest Con of this footy Club!!

For God's sake, can you recruit some players who can play this Game? so many puppets, so many pretenders and so many below Average players who are just not developing into anything!!

Every other Club recruits players who shows something... Look at bloody Geelong....

It is hard to imagine that there's not a number of players around the country better than a number of players on our list.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:17 pm 
Craig Bradley

I hadn’t been able to decide the last few weeks, but today confirmed it for me - our problem is the game plan (hence coach) is useless yet over complicated and has ruined any sense of instinct/flair & confidence in our players.
I don’t remember being terrified of Dow having the ball last year. Fish has regressed.

The players get the ball and have NFI what to do because the game plan is just a joke (if one can even define it)

The review apparently concluded the game plan was overcomplicated last year - nothing has changed. And that’s on Bolts.

Gold Coast do not have more talent then us IMO - but they play to a structure and system!

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:18 pm 
Harry Vallence

I think today may have been the beginning of the end. Very selfish play by all including the best, the oldest and the youngest. When players start looking out for themselves rather than doing team thing, you’re gone. Might have lost faith.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:12 pm 
Bob Chitty

BigKev wrote:
muzza wrote:
Jiahao Blue wrote:
I need a break from it all. Time to get a life away from football for a while.

I went to the West Coast v Adelaide game last night. Had a great time in the SACA committee room with non stop wine, cider and finger food. Watched a committed well drilled team win.

Went to the movies and saw Rocketman today, 10 mins after first bounce. Had a great day and saw a great movie.

It's easy to do.

I'm as mad as hell and not gonna take it anymore.

You can still watch the games. Stress/health management's been an issue for me so what I do is:

1) Never watch games live - always know the result before watching.
2) Read the TC discussion first.

I'm going to have a look at the game now. Based on the discussion here I'm ready for the worst effort ever.

Yep, close to worst game ever, just awful. Don't watch.

It's fair to say that as shit as we've been the best part of 17 years, it's never been as painful to watch us play, than it is now. Our basic skill execution, and decision making, is just deplorable. I am getting to the stage where football free weekend, ie, Carlton free football free weekend, is my preferred weekend. The club is in a very, very dangerous point right now. I gave up my 30 year long membership 2 years ago. And now, I just don't want to watch us anymore.

Carlton board, do something, apart from use this club as a plaything.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:16 pm 
Ken Hunter

KEEP THE FAITH.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:20 pm 
Bob Chitty

bluedog wrote:
KEEP THE FAITH.

fk that, I've had enough

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:29 pm 
Harry Vallence

I truly believe that we are led by a bunch of heartless and greedy business Men who took control of our Club since 2003 and have totally destroyed it.

whilst as business men, they might have had success in turning a profit for the club ( or for themselves?? ), generating millions in revenue from Poker machines and other ventures, On the other hand, they have totally neglected the football side of things.

Those Men have no clue about football!

People ask the same question every week " What is the solution?? "

The Solution is that our entire Board must be stood down, our CEO Sacked and our entire football department should be replaced by people who know something about football.....

We are sick of the lies... the false promises.... the 5 year plan that has already occurred 3 times in 15 years....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next