Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:14 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 12:58 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Have had a few days to get over the depressing mistakes the players made time and time again.

I didn't have anything nice to say, so I didn't.

I strongly believe, despite the many many mistakes players made, embarrassing ones too, the weakest link by a mile was Weitering.

Weitering played the key post like a rover and allowed his opponent to kick 4 goals when he shouldn't even had the ball. Weitering was in lala land.

Didn't find touch, never close to his smaller opponent, and just watched his smaller opponent out mark him time and time again.

The last goal against him was when the ball was kicked up high, Weiters had plenty of time to get body on Membrey and push him off the line, but instead he moved away from him to create some space for him to jump and spoil his smaller opponent, but he peeled off so far from Membrey (when he already had distance) and Membrey took the mark, uncontested, before Weiters even got to the contest.

Just when everyone was busting a gasket using up every last bit of energy to get us over the line, Weiters was giving his opponent free hits.

WTF is he doing? He was a disgrace. Moreso than 19yo Dow's kicking and Fisher's awareness.

Get Jones back for goodness sake.

Casboult is a better backman than Weiters. Says it all.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 3:32 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
Have had a few days to get over the depressing mistakes the players made time and time again.

I strongly believe, despite the many many mistakes players made, embarrassing ones too, the weakest link by a mile was Weitering.

Weitering played the key post like a rover and allowed his opponent to kick 4 goals when he shouldn't even had the ball. Weitering was in lala land.

Didn't find touch, never close to his smaller opponent, and just watched his smaller opponent out mark him time and time again.

The last goal against him was when the ball was kicked up high, Weiters had plenty of time to get body on Membrey and push him off the line, but instead he moved away from him to create some space for him to jump and spoil his smaller opponent, but he peeled off so far from Membrey (when he already had distance) and Membrey took the mark, uncontested, before Weiters even got to the contest.

Just when everyone was busting a gasket using up every last bit of energy to get us over the line, Weiters was giving his opponent free hits.

WTF is he doing? He was a disgrace. Moreso than 19yo Dow's kicking and Fisher's awareness.

Wowee don't hold back. Is that it for Weiters? Is Weiters done?

Personally l hate the fact that he does not have a bad bone in his body. Backmen need to be mean bad nasty m#t#e#f*c*e*r*s. That tattooed StK loser of a forward whipped Weiters arse.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 6:06 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:

Membrey kicked 2 but whatever.....

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 8:27 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:

Gibberish

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 8:40 pm 
Harry Vallence

Weitering has been enormous this year given the circumstances.

Much better than Darcy "All Australian" Moore, only he plays for Carlton not Collingwood.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 11:18 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Based on all previous games this season.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 1:36 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

verbs wrote:
Based on all previous games this season.

So our better users of the ball are getting less when we need to get it in their hands more often

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 1:38 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Nick wrote:

Much better than Darcy "All Australian" Moore, only he plays for Carlton not Collingwood.

Agree. Weiters has been great all season. People say how tough it is to be a forward at Carlton. I'd argue it is far harder being a defender with the ball coming with little or no pressure.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 5:22 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Plowman's kick inboard with 16 seconds to go in the first half was frighteningly stupid.

I missed the game though - how'd Kennedy play?

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 5:25 pm 
Geoff Southby

rhino27 wrote:
Nick wrote:

Agree. Weiters has been great all season. People say how tough it is to be a forward at Carlton. I'd argue it is far harder being a defender with the ball coming with little or no pressure.

Agree..................in fact i reckon the whole backline have been doing a terrific job.Knitting together quite well.Cohesive.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 2:00 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

scottopee wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Membrey kicked 2 but whatever.....

That's right scotto, 2 goals 2 behinds.
Weiters also was on Bruce when he kicked truly.

It just wasn't what you want from a KPD especially against a smallr opponent.

Weiters has to start using his body and man up. Bump the opponent off the line and stop fearing body contact.

I know he's a had a good year to date, but imo not better than his first year, at this stage.
I know he was an intercepting backman too, but there's times he had to be phyiscal and intimidating.

His legs look strong ala SOS in his her day, and he has developed the upper body nicely in 4 years.

Just saying I was really disappointed in his defensive effort and strongly believe if he did what he should have done he would not have leaked those goals which cost us the game

I believe he is an integral part of our back 6, but I expect more defending and less watching at this stage.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 2:01 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Nick wrote:

True.

I'm only commenting on his game against the Saints in the Saints thread.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 2:08 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Plowman's kick inboard with 16 seconds to go in the first half was frighteningly stupid.

I missed the game though - how'd Kennedy play?

Plowman's kick was pathetically dumb.

Kennedy was a passenger imo.
Probably got a dozen possession maybe more.
For a midfielder he wasn't in the game.

Hardy sighted him. Didn't impose himself on the game.
Has missed a lot of footy of late, but he put that jumper on and we expect improvement on his previous block of games.
Same Same. A plodder.

I think they would have to give him another game to find his feet, and I hope he shows a huge improvement on the game against the Saints.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 2:13 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mickstar wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
Nick wrote:

Agree..................in fact i reckon the whole backline have been doing a terrific job.Knitting together quite well.Cohesive.

The backline have been doing a great job BUT have really suffered and lacked cohesion when Jones, Simmo, Newman, Williamson and Plowman were all out injured.

Haven't been that great since Simmo Newman and Plowman returned.
Newman turn overs have cost us.
Simmos running into trouble and not breaking lines against the Saints
Plowman ... turnover before half time is not a reflection of efficiency and safe play. ir not a playmaker.

The backline have knitted well this year as a defensive group.
We need them to add some serious run out of the backline, when the mids aren't there for support.
Walshys support in the backline has been fantastic.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 2:18 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

choo wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Gibberish

Not sure what you mean choo.
I think I spelled it out loud and clear.

I didn't want to have a go at Carlton players, and avoid doing so but geez it was a frustratingly weak effort by most players and Weiters didn't perform well as a defender.

Like the rest of the football world is asking, I can't hide and will join them asking:

WTF are the players doing.
WTF is going on at Carlton?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7