Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:38 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 10:53 am 
Rod McGregor

Big deal even if they win. It's just a typical short-term reaction to all the pressure. A more mature team this week. We need the media to pick the side for us? This is why Bolton deserves to be under pressure.

We're good enough on talent to win the next four.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 11:26 am 
Ken Hands

Who says the media have picked the team?

But yeah, the test is not how they apply themselves this week. It's in all the weeks after when they haven't had 20 articles in the paper questioning them.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 11:37 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

so Kennedy will play...
https://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2019-05-24/bolton-kennedy-to-get-his-opportunity

Who's out...Setters?...Plowman?? I guess we'll see at 6

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 12:18 pm 
Rod Ashman

I went and watched the Blue v Pies games a few weeks back and then headed on overto the concrete dome to watch West Coast v Saints as my wife is a WC supporter.

It was absolute chalk and cheese the difference between the quality of the football match. Saints looked like a rabble and WC not much better.

I know it is a week to week proposition. However, blues have to bring the same game they did against Pies. Only problem is the opposition sometimes brings the other side down to their level. Hope that's not the case.....wish we could have done that last week!

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 12:19 pm 
Rod Ashman

Franc de Borges wrote:
Big deal even if they win. It's just a typical short-term reaction to all the pressure. A more mature team this week. We need the media to pick the side for us? This is why Bolton deserves to be under pressure.

Even bigger deal if they lose.

And if it's a 10+ goal loss the coach better get his CV up to date.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 12:41 pm 
Wayne Johnston

billc3 wrote:
so Kennedy will play...
https://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2019-05-24/bolton-kennedy-to-get-his-opportunity

So Kennedy has completed serving his penance?

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:14 pm 
Harry Vallence

sinbagger wrote:
billc3 wrote:
so Kennedy will play...

Praise the lord

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:15 pm 
Ken Hands

sinbagger wrote:
billc3 wrote:
so Kennedy will play...

I find the "Kennedy is not playing because he liked Folau's post" to be one of the dumber conspiracy theories. Do you reckon the AFLPA might have piped up if it was true? Especially given Ablett didn't miss any games. And didn't Carlton get panned for not openly supporting a Yes vote in the same sex marriage plebiscite but saying people were free to make their own choice? But now with the club on the bottom of the ladder they leave someone out for this reason but don't publicise it?

Do think there's a chance that maybe his form hasn't been that consistent in the reserves and that might be why he's not played?

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:43 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

billc3 wrote:
so Kennedy will play...

Pity he didn't play VFL last week - the match conditioning might have been beneficial.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 3:13 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

muzza wrote:
I went and watched the Blue v Pies games a few weeks back and then headed on overto the concrete dome to watch West Coast v Saints as my wife is a WC supporter.

It was absolute chalk and cheese the difference between the quality of the football match. Saints looked like a rabble and WC not much better.

I know it is a week to week proposition. However, blues have to bring the same game they did against Pies. Only problem is the opposition sometimes brings the other side down to their level. Hope that's not the case.....wish we could have done that last week!

agree muzza,
I've seen all of the Blues games (not all live) and a few Saints ones..
I summed it up thusly to a Saints mate of mine
Quote:
We'll see what happens Sunday...either team plays to their best (this year) and they will kill it...
I fear it will be both teams at their worst...
Saints at their "fumbling/turnover" best and Carlton at their "no contact/don't go for the ball" best...
One of those games where neither team seems to want to win......painful to watch..

Well I hope this isn't what happens, but I agree with the dragging down to lowest level comment

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 4:10 pm 
Bert Deacon

ed curnow to tag saints most important mid ,cripps heavy tag go straight to full forward no one else around him 1v1. like to see that.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 4:16 pm 
Ken Hunter

ferdinand wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
billc3 wrote:
so Kennedy will play...

I find the "Kennedy is not playing because he liked Folau's post" to be one of the dumber conspiracy theories. Do you reckon the AFLPA might have piped up if it was true? Especially given Ablett didn't miss any games. And didn't Carlton get panned for not openly supporting a Yes vote in the same sex marriage plebiscite but saying people were free to make their own choice? But now with the club on the bottom of the ladder they leave someone out for this reason but don't publicise it?

Do think there's a chance that maybe his form hasn't been that consistent in the reserves and that might be why he's not played?

You are absolutely correct. People claiming he was unofficially suspended are shamelessly confecting outrage to push their own political agenda. I'm shocked to be sitting here reading such dishonest guff on TC.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 5:02 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

In: Ben Long
Out: Ben Paton (Managed)

In: Kade Simpson, Lachie Plowman, David Cuningham, Matthew Kennedy
Out: Marc Murphy (Injured), Harrison Macreadie (Omitted), Lochie O'Brien (Omitted), Will Setterfield (Omitted)

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 5:04 pm 
Robert Walls

Good ins.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 5:09 pm 
Craig Bradley

Much stronger team IMO. Setters will be a gun but will take time coming back from an ACL. O’Brien is way off the pace. Murphy has been ordinary and doesn’t stand up when it counts. Macreadie was underdone and needs to put on a few kegs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 5:40 pm 
Harry Vallence

Adding Jones , Murphy and Fasolo and that’s about as strong a team as we could field.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 5:53 pm 
Geoff Southby

bmaurizio wrote:
Adding Jones , Murphy and Fasolo and that’s about as strong a team as we could field.

Docherty says hi.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 5:58 pm 
Craig Bradley

bmaurizio wrote:

Doc, Pickett, Williamson. Not sure Fasolo is best 22

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 6:26 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Pretty sure the poster was talking about players actually available in the next few weeks. Doc, Pickett and Williamson all look done for the season. Really, Williamson? Wouldn’t surprise me.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 7:10 pm 
Craig Bradley

Franc de Borges wrote:

I think for the coach' sake it's imperative we win. Close, honorable losses don't cut it against St.Kilda. Not 4th year into a rebuild, especially when you are already 1-8.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next